Revis Calls Out Sanchez On AFC Championship Games - Are You F+_)*% Kidding Me?

SAR I

Please.  Mark's fumble was on the offensive line who left a blitzing Steeler untouched.  And I mean untouched.  My mother could have forced a fumble.

SAR I

I disagree with that. The steelers completely overloaded the box and Sanchez didnt trigger any hot reads. Not only that but you can see the overload on the left side pre-snap yet Sanchez never once looked left after the snap even though if he would have played the numbers game he would have clearly seen that his left side was outnumbered. You cant blame that on the offensive line. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that <POUNDS FIST ON TABLE> was implied.  Do you mean I am going to have to start typing that at the end of all my posts?  Ugh.

only as we don't have an emoticon for it ..

I disagree with that. The steelers completely overloaded the box and Sanchez didnt trigger any hot reads. Not only that but you can see the overload on the left side pre-snap yet Sanchez never once looked left after the snap even though if he would have played the numbers game he would have clearly seen that his left side was outnumbered. You cant blame that on the offensive line. 

Sanchez was about as bad as any QB I have ever seen starting at reading defenses.  He was absolutely a major contributing cause to this fumble for the very reason you post.  

P.S.  Geno Smith is almost as bad, perhaps just as bad, as Sanchez at reading defenses.  Two  terribly unintelligent (that is football intelligence, on the field) QBs plaguing us for the last 7 years.  

Can't stand it no more.  Sanchez was horrendous and created his own problems by his inability to determine what the defense he faced was doing.  

Nevertheless, I pin the Piitsburgh loss on Rex and his unprepared defense.  Not on Sanchez, although Sanchez was extremely limited in what he could do. 

I agree with the general tone and point of your post, but that first sentence?  Never hurt the team?  In 2010 they lost 5 games.  In 4 of those games they did not crack double digit points.  They lost exactly 1 game where he played anything less than awful - the Bears.  They were blown out against the Pats so you can't pin that on him, but if he wasn't hurting the team they could have been 14-2.

Are you crazy?

In 2010 there were 5 games where our supposedly-great defense was letting the likes of the awful Browns, Texans, Lions, and Broncos give us a beating and only Mark Sanchez and a set of miracle 4th quarter comebacks saved us from a 7-9 season instead of 11-5.

The kid was money in crunch time and money in the postseason.  He played 1 year of college football.  He was 22 years old and rushed into the starters role under a coach who knew nothing about offense.  And yet he won more playoff games in 2 seasons than any other quarterback in team history and was the best Jet on the field in our AFCCG appearances.

Just because Rex Ryan conveniently made Mark Sanchez the scapegoat to get him another coaching job doesn't mean the fans need to.

SAR I

I am not really sure.  You appear to be an expert on the topic.  What is your learned opinion?

<POUNDS FIST ON TABLE?>

My learned opinion is that it's one thing to trust your offense to a 22 year old rookie and its quite another to have the #3 defense in the NFL and then blame the young QB for the 0-17 hole that ruined our second shot at a Super Bowl.

Regarding the 2010 season and our record, Mark Sanchez won 5 games late in the 4th quarter due to his heroics and that should be recognized.

SAR I

My learned opinion is that it's one thing to trust your offense to a 22 year old rookie and its quite another to have the #3 defense in the NFL and then blame the young QB for the 0-17 hole that ruined our second shot at a Super Bowl.

Regarding the 2010 season and our record, Mark Sanchez won 5 games late in the 4th quarter due to his heroics and that should be recognized.

SAR I

10 points is a lot to ask.

No one blocked the safety.  He had a completely unobstructed path to the quarterback and crushed him.  But let's blame Mark Sanchez.

We had one of the best defenses in the NFL and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.  We had a young QB.  In Pittsburgh, the D and the OL had more breakdowns than Mark Sanchez and we expected more out of them than we did of him.

SAR I

pittsburgh, 23 1st downs, 166 yards rushing.  they ran the ball down out vaunted D's throat early and after being up by 24 they just ground and pounded it.

Exactly.

It's the same people who bow before Joe Namath's Super Bowl performance yet he didn't attempt a single pass in the second half.  Just sat on the safe lead, ran the ball, ran some clock, didn't need to run the score up any higher.  Steelers in the 2010 AFCCG, same thing.

SAR I

I'm not sure which is my favorite. That one is probably the best, since Clemens started and played the whole game and he's giving Sanchez credit for the win.

Oh, okay, that's fair.

So if instead of saying "Mark Sanchez led the Jets on a 16-4 run, the best stretch in team history" does it sound any weaker than if I say "Mark Sanchez led the Jets on a 15-4 run, the best stretch in team history"?

Nope.  You can nitpick a performance here or there, but in the end Mark led the Jets to the best era in team history.  We were an elite team.  Those 20 games, you watched the Jets play, you expected a win.  And on opening day 2011 not a single article was written or forum poster chronicled that thought we had a problem at QB.  This revisionist history is astonishing.  Bunch of Mets fans, so insecure that a single play scapegoats a kid who actually did good here.

SAR I

Lack of expectation does not equal performance.

Sure it does.

You bring a mule to a horse race, you don't expect to win.  Rex Ryan built the 2009-2014 Jets on two principles:

1.  Dominant Defense

2.  Ground & Pound Offense

So when things went south in 2011 and 2012 you look to the Defense and the Ground game and you point all the fingers there.  But no one did that.  Nope.  Instead, they went after the kid with no weapons and no coordinator instead of the D with all the draft picks and the RB with the OL.  Why?  Because preserving the myth of Rex Ryan's defensive greatness is what gets him his do-over after his catastrophe in New York.  I don't blame him for that tactic, it's a well-known safety mechanism.  But I blame the gullible fans for falling for it and Darrelle Revis for promoting it.

SAR I

I thought that <POUNDS FIST ON TABLE> was implied.  Do you mean I am going to have to start typing that at the end of all my posts?  Ugh.

If I've learned one thing in my years posting on JN, it is that I have severe insecurity problems. If I've learned anything else, it is that nothing is implicit.

Oh, okay, that's fair.

So if instead of saying "Mark Sanchez led the Jets on a 16-4 run, the best stretch in team history" does it sound any weaker than if I say "Mark Sanchez led the Jets on a 15-4 run, the best stretch in team history"?

Nope.  You can nitpick a performance here or there, but in the end Mark led the Jets to the best era in team history.  We were an elite team.  Those 20 games, you watched the Jets play, you expected a win.  And on opening day 2011 not a single article was written or forum poster chronicled that thought we had a problem at QB.  This revisionist history is astonishing.  Bunch of Mets fans, so insecure that a single play scapegoats a kid who actually did good here.

SAR I

Uh-huh.  And still another way of looking at it is the team led Mark Sanchez to a lot of wins. Including bunch of games where they gave up 10 points or less and still lost. In your entire life have you witnessed an NFL team rack up 320 rushing yards and lose?

Jets win = all credit to Sanchez

Jets lose = all blame to all other players and coaches

It's a convenient position to take. It's also a silly one. I can nitpick a lot of performances, but I'm not going to go through all of them. We did that here to death years ago. Sorry you missed it.

Also the reach of your personal world is tiny if you think no one thought Sanchez was a bad QB on opening day in 2011. And what's "revisionist" is suggesting he was a good QB based on the game's outcome, crediting him with plays others made, while ignoring all the easy missed opportunities he screwed up.

I blame sh*ttenheimer's playcalling. Specifically, the decision to throw the ball at the 1 yard line on 3rd and 1 and then getting stuffed on a predictable run play on 4th down.

i think that was a 8 minute drive that resulted in 0 points.

if we hadn't got the ball back on a safety, it would have been over a lot sooner. Honestly think the scoreboard kinda flattered us

Sure it does.

You bring a mule to a horse race, you don't expect to win.  Rex Ryan built the 2009-2014 Jets on two principles:

1.  Dominant Defense

2.  Ground & Pound Offense

So when things went south in 2011 and 2012 you look to the Defense and the Ground game and you point all the fingers there.  But no one did that.  Nope.  Instead, they went after the kid with no weapons and no coordinator instead of the D with all the draft picks and the RB with the OL.  Why?  Because preserving the myth of Rex Ryan's defensive greatness is what gets him his do-over after his catastrophe in New York.  I don't blame him for that tactic, it's a well-known safety mechanism.  But I blame the gullible fans for falling for it and Darrelle Revis for promoting it.

SAR I

So, you admit that Sanchez was  mule at a horse race?  Then how was he "the best player the field?"

So, you admit that Sanchez was  mule at a horse race?  Then how was he "the best player the field?"

It's always interesting when someone blames Rex for ground and pound because what they don't get is that given the deficiencies at QB he had no choice. Going to ground and pound and winning with that formula is a credit to Rex.

It's always interesting when someone blames Rex for ground and pound because what they don't get is that given the deficiencies at QB he had no choice. Going to ground and pound and winning with that formula is a credit to Rex.

He gets it.  He is just ******* with us.  We are all bored with the offseason so we are ******* back.

No one blocked the safety.  He had a completely unobstructed path to the quarterback and crushed him.  But let's blame Mark Sanchez.

We had one of the best defenses in the NFL and one of the best offensive lines in the NFL.  We had a young QB.  In Pittsburgh, the D and the OL had more breakdowns than Mark Sanchez and we expected more out of them than we did of him.

SAR I

I explained why. It was an overload look, and though D'Brick got caught "looking" given the delayed loop around by the DB, It's still the QB's responsibility to read the field and manage accordingly. 

Im not saying that it was all Sanchez fault, im specifically commenting on the play you presented. Mark didnt read the blitz because he was still trying to throw the ball deep. He should have been looking at a hot read, not a 9 route. 

The WR at the bottom of the screen is completely uncovered, and the slot receiver next to him is also uncovered momentarily. Sanchez never even looked to his left, if he did he would have saw not only the blitz but the WIDE OPEN receivers. 

Fuk Rex and the syphilitic donkey he rode in on.

Great cornerback, but seriously?  Mark Sanchez played better than Darrelle Revis in both Jets Championship Game appearances.

I remember a 10 point halftime lead in Indianapolis that Darelle's secondary let light up like a Christmas tree to a 30-17 rout.

I remember a 0-24 halftime deficit in Pittsburgh in which Darelle's secondary laid down like dogs and didn't bother to get off the bus.

Hey, want to say that Mark Sanchez wasn't elite?  Cool.  I won't disagree.  But to blame the guy when he was probably the best Jet on the field in two Championship Games is ridiculous.

SAR I

I have to agree.   Sanchez was good in both those games.  Injuries vs. Indy (Strickland, Greene) and a horrific run defense in the second game did us in. 

Actually the fact that Sanchez scored 19 pts in the second half against the Pittsburgh D was one helluva an effort.  Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough time on the clock for us to close the deal.

It's all Revis's fault that Peyton figured out he could whip Rex's sh*tty defense by throwing to his 3rd and 4th WRs.

It's all Revis's fault that Leveon Bell ran all over Rex and Bart's "Can't wait" run-stuffing, #1 run defense in the universe.

Revis is right, Sanchez wasn't elite. If you're going to nitpick, then nitpick him for leaving out the way Rex was out-coached.

It was Rashad Mendenhall not Bell.  I don't believe Bell was on the team then.

Archived