Revis Calls Out Sanchez On AFC Championship Games - Are You F+_)*% Kidding Me?

SAR I

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in 2010 he was a young star on the rise who played his best under postseason pressure.  Until his head coach ruined him.

SAR I

Getting rid of Damien Woody, LT, Tony Richardson, Braylon, Brandon Moore and Hartsock all to sign Santonio Holmes is what ruined Mark Sanchez.  After the two AFCCG they completely deconstructed the offense on that team and replaced them with nobodies. 

Hey he got us as far as we've been since 1969, twice!!!  Who knows when we'll get that close again.  Our chance of even making the playoffs this year are small at best. 

Thanks Mark for some great memories. 

Actually, statistically speaking, our chance of making the playoffs this year are the same as they are every year. 

If you want to factor the make-up of the team, then one could argue we are BETTER positioned for a playoff run. The year we did it with Sanchez, we had a decent roster, anchored by a veteran OL that stabilized the locker room. We hare far more talent on the roster this year. Far more. And, we don't have a sh*tty rookie QB. We have 2 veteran QBs, a much better supporting cast, and OC.

Actually, statistically speaking, our chance of making the playoffs this year are the same as they are every year. 

If you want to factor the make-up of the team, then one could argue we are BETTER positioned for a playoff run. The year we did it with Sanchez, we had a decent roster, anchored by a veteran OL that stabilized the locker room. We hare far more talent on the roster this year. Far more. And, we don't have a sh*tty rookie QB. We have 2 veteran QBs, a much better supporting cast, and OC.

I love your optimism!  Really I do.  I hope you're right, but till then Sanchez QB'd the Jets during their most successful time since Namath. 

Oh, okay, that's fair.

So if instead of saying "Mark Sanchez led the Jets on a 16-4 run, the best stretch in team history" does it sound any weaker than if I say "Mark Sanchez led the Jets on a 15-4 run, the best stretch in team history"?

Nope.  You can nitpick a performance here or there, but in the end Mark led the Jets to the best era in team history.  We were an elite team.  Those 20 games, you watched the Jets play, you expected a win.  And on opening day 2011 not a single article was written or forum poster chronicled that thought we had a problem at QB.  This revisionist history is astonishing.  Bunch of Mets fans, so insecure that a single play scapegoats a kid who actually did good here.

SAR I

Nice summary, well said.  Whatever they pay you it's worth it.  Keep shining the light of truth my friend.

As far as I'm concerned I am thrilled that Sanchez is no longer a Jet but there was a very short time (and it's been my contention that that Pittsburgh game was the end of that short stint) that if Mark Sanchez had the ball in his hand, that we Jets fans felt that he could and WOULD get the job that needed to get done -done and make the plays that would win the game. There was just a general sense we felt that he would do it -and in fact we SAW it happen in like 4 games during that run.

You know I swear something happened to that kid that night, he was knocked around unmercifully and as I remember it and if we could find that Championship game thread, it would bear it out how we, the faithful were all in agreement and pounding our keyboards because we were NOT getting the roughing the passer calls that the other elite QB's in the league were getting. 

I have NO DOUBT that If Tom Brady had been hit the way James Harrison hit Sanchez in the head like a tomahawk on that fumble play before halftime, that he and the Steelers would have been flagged for illegal contact or roughing the passer and and it would have been 15 yards and 1st down New England. In fact Harrison might have even had gotten ejected. Same if it had been Peyton Manning. Truth be told; Sanchez and the Jets team that he was starting to do a pretty damn good job of leading never did get those "iffy and touchy-feely" calls that the league's pretty boys ALWAYS somehow just seem to get. The plain fact of it is this Mark Sanchez was never lily white enough for the NFL, thus the Jets are still that laughing stock of a joke. But there WAS a time. Sar1 is right with that much.....There WAS a time.... 

The Butt fumble. The most overblown play in the history of the NFL. The media ridicules the Jets and Jets fans fall right in line. One play does not a career make.

Agreed...riddiculously overblown, yet somehow fitting for Sanchez and his time with the Jets.

Is it their job to block the too. Case reopen.

Wrong, watch Sanchez, he's in such a hurry he never looks over to his left, he's just rushing to get the snap and run the play...It could be bad coaching also, but thats a bad QB play. Case closed again.

Wrong, watch Sanchez, he's in such a hurry he never looks over to his left, he's just rushing to get the snap and run the play...It could be bad coaching also, but thats a bad QB play. Case closed again.

He'd have to be Linda Blair in the exorcist to look left while running right.  And even if he was he'd have to stop and set to make the throw and he still would have gotten creamed.

For all we know he had a prospective receiver in his sites on the right, but had no time to wait till he got open, just when he was ready to make the throw he got hit.  A second later and it was a potential completion, or and incomplete pass.  That's football.

Agreed...riddiculously overblown, yet somehow fitting for Sanchez and his time with the Jets.

If you want to focus on one stupid play when the right hand side of the OL was pushed back 5 yards and the QB ran into the OG's massive butt vs. 2 consecutive playoff runs when we were all feeling good about the Jets that's your call.   

As far as I'm concerned I am thrilled that Sanchez is no longer a Jet but there was a very short time (and it's been my contention that that Pittsburgh game was the end of that short stint) that if Mark Sanchez had the ball in his hand, that we Jets fans felt that he could and WOULD get the job that needed to get done -done and make the plays that would win the game. There was just a general sense we felt that he would do it -and in fact we SAW it happen in like 4 games during that run.

You know I swear something happened to that kid that night, he was knocked around unmercifully and as I remember it and if we could find that Championship game thread, it would bear it out how we, the faithful were all in agreement and pounding our keyboards because we were NOT getting the roughing the passer calls that the other elite QB's in the league were getting.

I have NO DOUBT that If Tom Brady had been hit the way James Harrison hit Sanchez in the head like a tomahawk on that fumble play before halftime, that he and the Steelers would have been flagged for illegal contact or roughing the passer and and it would have been 15 yards and 1st down New England. In fact Harrison might have even had gotten ejected. Same if it had been Peyton Manning. Truth be told; Sanchez and the Jets team that he was starting to do a pretty damn good job of leading never did get those "iffy and touchy-feely" calls that the league's pretty boys ALWAYS somehow just seem to get. The plain fact of it is this Mark Sanchez was never lily white enough for the NFL, thus the Jets are still that laughing stock of a joke. But there WAS a time. Sar1 is right with that much.....There WAS a time.... 

GREAT POST!  Take a bow.

GREAT POST!  Take a bow.

and you know if Revis would get honest with us, the Jets fans maybe he'll start commenting on the countless plays that he witnessed Brady making that no other QB that he's ever played with was ALLOWED to make. He saw the 3rd down play against the Jets when they GAVE New England a first down that they did not make by a yard-they just moved the chains. I'd like to hear Revis talk about some of the stuff he saw New England and Brady get away with last year.

He'd have to be Linda Blair in the exorcist to look left while running right.  And even if he was he'd have to stop and set to make the throw and he still would have gotten creamed.

For all we know he had a prospective receiver in his sites on the right, but had no time to wait till he got open, just when he was ready to make the throw he got hit.  A second later and it was a potential completion, or and incomplete pass.  That's football.

I'm talking about looking to his left BEFORE the snap, wake up, dude...

I agree with the general tone and point of your post, but that first sentence? Never hurt the team? In 2010 they lost 5 games. In 4 of those games they did not crack double digit points. They lost exactly 1 game where he played anything less than awful - the Bears. They were blown out against the Pats so you can't pin that on him, but if he wasn't hurting the team they could have been 14-2.

I was talking about Sanchez's performance in the AFC Championship games.

Getting rid of Damien Woody, LT, Tony Richardson, Braylon, Brandon Moore and Hartsock all to sign Santonio Holmes is what ruined Mark Sanchez.  After the two AFCCG they completely deconstructed the offense on that team and replaced them with nobodies. 

Were to start, Moore was the ass that Sanchezs head crashed into.  Richardson got old.  LT was done as done could be.  Didnt all of those players play on the Jets with Holmes?  None of those players were dumped for Holmes, thats just wrong.    

You know what ruined Sanchez?  Sanchez.  Sometimes players just arent good enough.  All the excuses to explain away why everyones mancrush failed are meaningless, Sanchez had talent around him and didnt get better.  

Hartsock? LOL

If you want to focus on one stupid play when the right hand side of the OL was pushed back 5 yards and the QB ran into the OG's massive butt vs. 2 consecutive playoff runs when we were all feeling good about the Jets that's your call.   

I'm not doing that.

Were to start, Moore was the ass that Sanchezs head crashed into.  Richardson got old.  LT was done as done could be.  Didnt all of those players play on the Jets with Holmes?  None of those players were dumped for Holmes, thats just wrong.    

You know what ruined Sanchez?  Sanchez.  Sometimes players just arent good enough.  All the excuses to explain away why everyones mancrush failed are meaningless, Sanchez had talent around him and didnt get better.  

Hartsock? LOL

Love to put Hartsock in there, always gets a reaction. Sadly however that's the last time we had a halfway decent blocking tight end.

Take a look at who replaced each of the names above. By two years after the playoff run we had no blockers. None. Not at RB, FB, LT, RG, TE. Sanchez had no time and was getting hit every pass play. We also had no running game. Despite that we were at .500.

Did Sanchez commit turnovers, yes, but that's what happens when you try to force a play when there's nothing there and no time. Take a look at Peyton against Seattle in 2014, same damn thing.

Lol

Like Sanchez was even good in 2010 either. He was he beneficiary of unbridled, impossible luck. Didn't he set the NFL record for most interceptions throw that were dropped by the defense?

His stats may have been better but it was a mirage. He was still a crappy QB. Sometimes players just aren't the real deal. Physically he was born with enough tools but so are lots of guys who aren't NFL starters. Like many, in the end he's just an over-drafted backup QB who shows flashes.

With Sanchez on the roster already, even his QB Whisperer over in Philly - who had him, coached him, and worked with him the entire prior season - was willing to trade away another starting QB in Foles, and MORE, to bring in an always-injured Sam Bradford, with 1 year left on his contract, at $13 million. Kelly knows, too. He doesnt want his and the team's fate again linked to Sanchez unless it's as a backup due to the real starter getting injured, and the excuse of another failed season is therefore built in.

Geez, freaking Revis knows it and just said it, and surely dozens of other players from those Jets teams feel/felt the same but didn't speak out publicly. Revis is just one of the few whose production + talent (and age and guaranteed contract) allows him to call out anyone else for holding the team back without any (sane) fan pointing the finger back in his direction to share the blame. How disheartening it must be to make a play and get off the field, and your QB's ineptitude sends you right back out there (if not putting points on the board for the other team outright). Over and over and over.

He's gone. Hes not a Jet. He's an Eagle. Let the great myth of the coulda been/woulda been Magical Mark Sanchez die.

We just didn't have anyone better at QB during those seasons. Clemens and Ratliff were horrible. Brunel was 50. I guess Revis is pissed because Buttchez was out partying every night but a severely hungover Sanchez >>>> other qb's on our roster

We just didn't have anyone better at QB during those seasons. Clemens and Ratliff were horrible. Brunel was 50. I guess Revis is pissed because Buttchez was out partying every night but a severely hungover Sanchez >>>> other qb's on our roster

I'd be mad too if I was a defensive player who had to walk off the field in critical games losing 10-7 against some of the most explosive offenses in the NFL.

I'd be mad too if I was a defensive player who had to walk off the field in critical games losing 10-7 against some of the most explosive offenses in the NFL.

Sanchez's partying definitely alienated him in the lockerroom. How many games from 2009-2012 was he clearly not prepared for because he was too busy banging Meadow Soprano and Groupies and doing shots at 2am the night before practice.

Rex gets the blame for it and he owns it but we never got another viable qb until Geno who sucks too but is still way better than the Rat/Clemens/Ainges or the Virgin Fullback.

Sanchez's partying definitely alienated him in the lockerroom. How many games from 2009-2012 was he clearly not prepared for because he was too busy banging Meadow Soprano and Groupies and doing shots at 2am the night before practice.

Rex gets the blame for it and he owns it but we never got another viable qb until Geno who sucks too but is still way better than the Rat/Clemens/Ainges or the Virgin Fullback.

Drew ******* Stanton

I don't know what the game plans called for, what pre-snap or hot reads he was supposed to make, how much time he spent watching film or what he went over with his coaches before the game.

I'll go with what I do know to be fact...he played horribly and doing so can also give the appearance of being unprepared.

I don't know what the game plans called for, what pre-snap or hot reads he was supposed to make, how much time he spent watching film or what he went over with his coaches before the game.

I'll go with what I do know to be fact...he played horribly and doing so can also give the appearance of being unprepared.

Sanchez was out partying every night that's why the entire team turned on him in 2011 and the regime turned into a sh_tshow.  It's actually amazing that even with all his dysfunction he was still clearly a better player than Kellen Clemens, Greg McElroy or Tim Tebow though it's more that those guys were just phenomenally bad quarterbacks.

Sanchez was out partying every night that's why the entire team turned on him in 2011 and the regime turned into a sh_tshow.  It's actually amazing that even with all his dysfunction he was still clearly a better player than Kellen Clemens, Greg McElroy or Tim Tebow though it's more that those guys were just phenomenally bad quarterbacks.

Again, I wasn't there so I don't know how he split his off-time with his practice time.

Love to put Hartsock in there, always gets a reaction. Sadly however that's the last time we had a halfway decent blocking tight end.

Take a look at who replaced each of the names above. By two years after the playoff run we had no blockers. None. Not at RB, FB, LT, RG, TE. Sanchez had no time and was getting hit every pass play. We also had no running game. Despite that we were at .500.

Did Sanchez commit turnovers, yes, but that's what happens when you try to force a play when there's nothing there and no time. Take a look at Peyton against Seattle in 2014, same damn thing.

I agree that the talent level fell after 2010. Just was responding to your statement that the line and others were gone because of Holmes. But also don't agree that the talent was solely the reason Sanchez failed to develop. It's on him, I never looked at the bad Sanchez and thought with a few extra players he would be a star, elite. In the end like 90% of QBs they don't make it to top third status because they lack something.

I agree that the talent level fell after 2010. Just was responding to your statement that the line and others were gone because of Holmes. But also don't agree that the talent was solely the reason Sanchez failed to develop. It's on him, I never looked at the bad Sanchez and thought with a few extra players he would be a star, elite. In the end like 90% of QBs they don't make it to top third status because they lack something.

sanchez played with an all-star team behind him in 09-10. those teams were loaded with vets and stacked since tannenbaum traded the farm away. asking sanchez to improve his play in year 3 was more than reasonable, especially considering the boatload of cash he was making

That was actually "sort of" proven in Philly.  Game one, he has a good night and they win.  He's found later that night at Pat and Genos having a cheese steak, soaking it in.  reminded me of the sideline hot dog incident.

Well.... few losses later and same ole Mark.  Amazing to think he was the number one QB prospect as a senior in HS.

Archived