WAYNE HUNTER DECIDED TO RETIRE

jeaniec

x-Jets tackle Wayne Hunter, released by Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills, will retire, per report

Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 

Email the author | Follow on Twitter 

on July 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM, updated July 21, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Ex-Jets right tackle Wayne Hunter's audition with Rex Ryan's Bills didn't last long. 

The Bills cut him Tuesday, 20 days after they signed him. They had put Hunter through a tryout before signing him

Hunter turned 34 earlier this month. He hadn't been with an NFL team since the Rams cut him in the spring of 2013. 

So a subsequent report from ESPN.com's Mike Rodak that Hunter has decided to retire came as no surprise. Rodak reported it was Hunter's call for the Bills to release him, because he is no longer physically able to play. 

Hunter played for the Jets from 2007-11. He was their starting right tackle in 2011. They traded him to the Rams in August of 2012. 

He is perhaps best known for what happened in the 2011 season finale, in Miami. Wide receiver Santonio Holmes argued with Hunter in the huddle, resulting in Holmes' benching for the remainder of the game. 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/07/ex-jets_tackle_wayne_hunter_released_by_rex_ryans.html

he was just an awful Olineman. Hard to understand why Rex would be that stupid in thinking Hunter even had a chance after the carnage that Wayne Hunter left here.

Rex gave a former player a tryout. About the beginning and end of it.

x-Jets tackle Wayne Hunter, released by Rex Ryan's Buffalo Bills, will retire, per report

Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 

Email the author | Follow on Twitter 

on July 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM, updated July 21, 2015 at 6:03 PM

Ex-Jets right tackle Wayne Hunter's audition with Rex Ryan's Bills didn't last long. 

The Bills cut him Tuesday, 20 days after they signed him. They had put Hunter through a tryout before signing him

Hunter turned 34 earlier this month. He hadn't been with an NFL team since the Rams cut him in the spring of 2013. 

So a subsequent report from ESPN.com's Mike Rodak that Hunter has decided to retire came as no surprise. Rodak reported it was Hunter's call for the Bills to release him, because he is no longer physically able to play. 

Hunter played for the Jets from 2007-11. He was their starting right tackle in 2011. They traded him to the Rams in August of 2012. 

He is perhaps best known for what happened in the 2011 season finale, in Miami. Wide receiver Santonio Holmes argued with Hunter in the huddle, resulting in Holmes' benching for the remainder of the game. 

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/07/ex-jets_tackle_wayne_hunter_released_by_rex_ryans.html

from what?  You mean he is still playing?

err OP.....does this topic really rate CAPS?  I know it's the off season and we're all bored but come on.

Hi LIJets:  I generally put all my topics in caps.  However,  if posters here find this offensive, I can surely use small letters.

from what?  You mean he is still playing?

He was just trying out.  I give Rex credit for giving Hunter a chance.  I also give Hunter credit for realizing he can't play and deciding to retire.  

Rex gave a former player a tryout. About the beginning and end of it.

You're right Slats.  There wa a 50/50 chance it would work.  It didn't and I commend Hunter for taking the position (retirement) he has chosen.

he was just an awful Olineman. Hard to understand why Rex would be that stupid in thinking Hunter even had a chance after the carnage that Wayne Hunter left here.   

lol c'mon, Hunter wasn't that bad. He was just made to look worse than he is because Sanchez could never make adjustments at the line nor read defenses. He held onto the ball too long making the rest of the line look bad.

Hi LIJets:  I generally put all my topics in caps.  However,  if posters here find this offensive, I can surely use small letters.

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha that's about as close to offense as I've seen with this team since God knows when !!!

Archived