WAYNE HUNTER DECIDED TO RETIRE

jeaniec

So Rex needs the player to tell him he is physically unable to compete? Too bad Bart Scott and Ed Reed weren't as outspoken as Wayne Hunter.

I think this is one of those articles where you believe nothing of what you hear and only 1/2 of what you see.  Think the decision to terminate was the other way around.  JMO

I think this is one of those articles where you believe nothing of what you hear and only 1/2 of what you see.  Think the decision to terminate was the other way around.  JMO

Knowing Rex's style, you're probably right.  He is definitely the type of guy to lie to let one of his guys walk out on his own terms.

Knowing Rex's style, you're probably right.  He is definitely the type of guy to lie to let one of his guys walk out on his own terms.

He probably asked Rex to announce as a retirement.  And,  he may be retiring but I  have a strong suspicion that Hunter was initially asked to leave.  JMO

He probably asked Rex to announce as a retirement. And, he may be retiring but I have a strong suspicion that Hunter was initially asked to leave. JMO

I have a strong suspicion that Rex told Hunter to start looking for an apartment and then your GM tapped Rex on the shoulder and threatened to unpack his parachute next time he went sky diving if he didn't cut him immediately.

Archived