Annual DirecTV Sunday Ticket Discount Thread

JohnnyLV

27 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I cut the cord a couple of years ago, dumping a $165.00/month DirecTV bill in the process.  I got the international NFL Sunday Ticket package for less money than DTV charges.  The only caveat is I have to use my computer and VPN.  If you install a VPN directly on your router you can watch Sunday Ticket through a streaming device like Roku, X Box, Chromecast, etc.  Works like a charm for me and not a big deal to set up on game day.  Feels good to stick it to the man at my advanced age.  I hate DirecTV with a passion.

You can install DNS directly on the streaming boxes too. Even Apple's. Pretty easy to do actually. Unblocked everything for my MLB package.

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You can install DNS directly on the streaming boxes too. Even Apple's. Pretty easy to do actually. Unblocked everything for my MLB package.

I am going to check that out.  Thanks for the tip.

20 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

I cut the cord a couple of years ago, dumping a $165.00/month DirecTV bill in the process.  I got the international NFL Sunday Ticket package for less money than DTV charges.  The only caveat is I have to use my computer and VPN.  If you install a VPN directly on your router you can watch Sunday Ticket through a streaming device like Roku, X Box, Chromecast, etc.  Works like a charm for me and not a big deal to set up on game day.  Feels good to stick it to the man at my advanced age.  I hate DirecTV with a passion.

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I just got a Kodi box and am still learning how to us it. I was under the impression that I could watch Jets games live streaming? Am I wrong? What do I need to do to make that magic happen on this glorious little box of mine? Thanks!

51 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I just got a Kodi box and am still learning how to us it. I was under the impression that I could watch Jets games live streaming? Am I wrong? What do I need to do to make that magic happen on this glorious little box of mine? Thanks!

Sorry, I haven't put different DNS on an OTT streaming device or router.  I am just using a VPN and hooking my laptop up to my TV.  Rutgers should be able to help.

2 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

You will be able to watch the games.  SportsDevil is the easiest to find, but there are other, higher quality streams to be had.  Phoenix usually has a pretty high quality stream.

On August 11, 2015 at 7:20 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

so you can get sunday ticket now without having direct tv but you have to stream it through xbox or playstation.  It is 64.99 a month for 4 months, which isnt bad especially if you factor in how much drinks and food cost when going to a bar.  my question is have any of you ever streamed it through your gaming device? I know this is the first time sunday ticket is available for non direct tv users, but i was wondering if it will be worth it or will it lag/have problems.  if anyone knows anything let me know it would be appreciated

Don't waste your money or emotional health with that DTV stream for Sunday ticket. It's horrible. Constantly freezes. Frustrating as hell. I complained since every game I watched every week had steaming issue. They refunded me whole. Just not worth the headache.

Trick Tip: Don't sign long term contract (2yrs) with them. I call them almost every July/August and ask for retentions. I tell them I wanna cancel everything altogether because of the high bill. They check out my account n tell "do you use all of these 6 receivers?". No, I don't. I use 2. Other 4 are used by my buddies in their houses but I tell them yes but I still wanna cancel as I only get for Sunday NFL ticket n the price is too high to justify. Keep in mind, I'm usually in the last month of my contract by then. So the rep would say "let me see if I can do something about that. I can give you the NFL ticket for free if you sign a one year extension and on top of that, I'll give you another $20 off per month". I accept it after hesitating for a bit. 

Thats how you make DTV PAY you $240 for your NFL ticket. 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:35 PM, Thor99 said:

I got Kodi, f*ck Directv. 

Absolutely. Even if you can't find a HD stream, there are HD stream services for like $15 per month that are great too. Screw Sunday Ticket.

7 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

SportsDevil, ProSports, Castaway.

UPDATE:

Tried calling them back last night..was told systems were down and couldn't do anything..typical DTV/ATT.

Called again this morning..asked if there was a promotion available and was put on hold.

She came back on the line and said they could offer me the full season at a one time $90 rate or 6 payments of $15 which is $90 anyway.

Moral of the story, it's really all about who you get on the line. I was told $269 was the best they could do 2 nights ago...

On 7/2/2016 at 10:57 AM, Powpow said:

Don't waste your money or emotional health with that DTV stream for Sunday ticket. It's horrible. Constantly freezes. Frustrating as hell. I complained since every game I watched every week had steaming issue. They refunded me whole. Just not worth the headache.

Huh...I didnt have any problems at all with their streaming. It was amazingly good actually. Probably your ISP at blame. Sucks though.

I actually did not get Sunday Ticket last year, and I'm honestly thinking about just skipping it this year.  Last year was more of a financial concern because I didn't feel like paying through the nose for DirecTV, but the year before I found myself just DVR-ing the games more often and just watching them later because Sundays were my only free days.  So I opted for GamePass, because it was much cheaper, had Coaches Tape and Condensed Games I could skip without commercials.  Other than the big games (Pats and the last Bills game) I found this much more pleasing, because if I had time and the need to watch it live, could always go to a bar or stream it online with mediocre quality.  I'm just not sure it's worth it anymore for me to buy all the games live when I don't have Sundays to be as free anymore.   

I don't know about customer service since the merger, but AT&T cable is definitely up there with Comcast as one of the worst customer service experiences ever.  

Whenever you call, ask to be transferred to the retention department.. The normal customer service people cant do a thing.. I got $20 off my bill for 12 months($240) and a $100 credit on my bill.. So they are paying me to watch the NFL Ticket.

Seems like a lot of people are just Jets fans instead of football fans. I love the jets and I watch every game but I also love watching other teams play especially our afc east rivals. Reading through this most people only seem concerned with the Jet games. I watch football from morning until night when it's on. Lucky for me I have a wife that loves football as well. As far as dtv it's the same as always play the game and they lower it to 160.00 or so. They were bought out by att but dtv has been run just as it was before att has been hands off as of yet.

Archived