Pro-Brady Arguments are Plainly Silly and His Prospects in Federal Court are Weak

Bruce Harper

Can I cherry pick stats as well?

Again, as JN swore it was going to happen, there would be a huge increase in fumbles.  There was not. 

The Patriots numbers prove one thing, this is much ado about nothing.

As far as the drops go........

What other causes might affect the difference in drops? A new QB (Vereen).  Injuries (Edelman and Lafell).  An Increased role (Amendola, Dobson and White).  The OL sucks.

Maybe you did not see the game against the Colts where Edelman's finger was bent sideways, as in dislocated, but he has had the dropsies since.  Amendola, Dobson and White all had (varying) increases in playing time.  And when you go from no playing time and zero drops, chances are you are going to have more drops.  Lafell would be the only one where your theory could apply, but he was PUP'd and has been a hot mess all year.  12 different OL starting combinations.  53 different OL combinations have taken a snap.  Brady has been pummeled.  Last week for example, 23 passes and he was hit 9 times.  

And yet, Brady's numbers have improved.

You can whine and cry about the Patriots if it helps you sleep, but again this is much ado about nothing.

if I could sleep I would not have all this free time to whine and cry about the Patriots!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I cherry pick stats as well?

Again, as JN swore it was going to happen, there would be a huge increase in fumbles.  There was not. 

The Patriots numbers prove one thing, this is much ado about nothing.

As far as the drops go........

What other causes might affect the difference in drops? A new QB (Vereen).  Injuries (Edelman and Lafell).  An Increased role (Amendola, Dobson and White).  The OL sucks.

Maybe you did not see the game against the Colts where Edelman's finger was bent sideways, as in dislocated, but he has had the dropsies since.  Amendola, Dobson and White all had (varying) increases in playing time.  And when you go from no playing time and zero drops, chances are you are going to have more drops.  Lafell would be the only one where your theory could apply, but he was PUP'd and has been a hot mess all year.  12 different OL starting combinations.  53 different OL combinations have taken a snap.  Brady has been pummeled.  Last week for example, 23 passes and he was hit 9 times.  

And yet, Brady's numbers have improved.

You can whine and cry about the Patriots if it helps you sleep, but again this is much ado about nothing.

Yes, you're free to cherry pick apples for all I care. I don't know what JN has to do with anything I've posted, because I don't speak for JN and JN doesn't speak for me.

The numbers I posted from an independent site have drop % listed for the past 15 years. I don't know how long deflated balls were going on, and frankly I didn't care to look very far, so I "cherry picked" only the last three years. Looking at the last three years, I saw a spike in every single patriots receiving option's drop percentage this year as opposed to the previous two years, including Vereen's this year. 

If you'd like to attribute Edelman's broken finger to it all, be my guest. If you'd like to attribute it to playing time (even though the point of a rate analysis as opposed to a value analysis such as 10 drops against 5, is to factor away attempts, or playing time, as you state), fine by me. I'm not sure why Brady's lack of protection factors into drops, but sure- if the OL's fatness casting a shadow and making it difficult for WRs to see the ball is to blame for the increase in drops, okie dokie.

If you think that effectively pointing out that there was a spike in drops, as well as the fact that the pats are 1-1 in cold weather games with 2 fumbles and numerous drops is whining and crying about the patriots, so be it.

You spent an awful lot of time trying to deflect, dismiss, and deride my post on a Jets message board for something which is "much ado about nothing", when all I was doing was offering a counter argument to the retardedly biased article that the resident pats troll nyjunc posted. 

obviously Tom Brady is nothing w/o Edelman and company.  they clearly made him. never mind that going into last week the O was averaging 25 PPG(last week he got HURT so that needs to be factored in).  this crappy QB could only lead a beat up offense to 25 PPG, damn he sucks.  you know many points we averaged for the season w/ our healthy offense w/ more weapons? 24.2

There you go again.  Lying. So Patriot -like.  Just like tom Brady who denied even knowing the dudes who did his dirty work.   JN never swore any such thing would happen.  Post the link. You can't.  Because it was never there.  

obviously Tom Brady is nothing w/o Edelman and company.  they clearly made him. never mind that going into last week the O was averaging 25 PPG(last week he got HURT so that needs to be factored in).  this crappy QB could only lead a beat up offense to 25 PPG, damn he sucks.  you know many points we averaged for the season w/ our healthy offense w/ more weapons? 24.2

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Can you stay on topic, for once?

You brought up Ridley. I brought up 6 other players. Why do you have nothing to say for the ones I brought up?

And since you want to bring up our prior debates: Why is Tom Brady 2-4 in his last 6? Why have Tom Brady's numbers suffered significantly over the last 8? According to you, it's not because the team around him is injured, right? Because you told me over and over again for 4 pages in a thread about who the league MVP should be, that Brady deserves it because, and I quote, "It doesn't matter who Tom Brady plays with."

Explain that for me too while you come up with an explanation for the 6 guys I mentioned and supplied independent stats for. 

Now you're just being difficult to be difficult. You know damn well what the logical reasoning behind those reports were, just as you knew what the "theory" was when you asked me earlier, and you know damn well what drops have to do with it.. When it gets cold out and the ball is harder to grip, having it slightly deflated makes it easier to catch/hold/not fumble. I'm not aiming to explain away the pats 6 fumbles in 2013 because that was a day where it was so cold that it probably neutralized the playing field. You've heard it said 100 times all over football media - the great cold is the great equalizer. Also, deflating balls isn't exactly the greatest way to cheat, so I'm sure it didn't work all the time. If it did, the pats would have been 16-0. Either way, deflating balls to gain a competitive advantage is a form of cheating, and the patriots took part in it. That's all that needs to be said here. 

Not trying to be difficult.  You are just all over the place on this topic and I was honestly trying to understand what your point is.  On the table is an article that says that the Patriots had the league's best fumble rate in 2015, suggesting that the impact of deflated footballs on fumble rates may have been overblown in some quarters. You then offered a rebuttal along the lines of "no, the 2015 fumble rates are misleading because it was unseasonably warm this year".  If that was your point, then fine.

But then I don't understand how dropped passes support your point.  If warm weather helps explain away the Patriots excellent fumble rates, then how does it help to say that, in that same warm weather, the Patriots actually were WORSE at holding on to passes this year?  Or to draw any conclusions about those numbers by carving out Gronk, who leads the team in targets by a wide margin and whose drop percentage actually DECREASED dramatically.  

And now, your big conclusion is apparently "haha the Patriots are cheaters."  So now we've gotten even further afield from the 2015 fumble numbers.  I give up.   

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Can you stay on topic, for once?

You brought up Ridley. I brought up 6 other players. Why do you have nothing to say for the ones I brought up?

And since you want to bring up our prior debates: Why is Tom Brady 2-4 in his last 6? Why have Tom Brady's numbers suffered significantly over the last 8? According to you, it's not because the team around him is injured, right? Because you told me over and over again for 4 pages in a thread about who the league MVP should be, that Brady deserves it because, and I quote, "It doesn't matter who Tom Brady plays with."

Explain that for me too while you come up with an explanation for the 6 guys I mentioned and supplied independent stats for. 

you brought up Brady and the injuries, I simply came back at you w/ facts again. 

HA HA....wait.

let me go look and see if I can find the "f" I give about that....

Hey look - the guy that doesnt care or need to defend his Cheating franchise is here, defending his Cheating franchise!

So weird how that works.  You contributions in all the other threads are awesome! 

Hey look - the guy that doesnt care or need to defend his Cheating franchise is here, defending his Cheating franchise!

So weird how that works.  You contributions in all the other threads are awesome! 

LOL!

For someone who claims to "not care", he sure seems to have a lot of fukcs to give.  

Gee... is EVERY Patriot fan a liar?  Or just the ones who come here?

LOL!

For someone who claims to "not care", he sure seems to have a lot of fukcs to give.  

Gee... is EVERY Patriot fan a liar?  Or just the ones who come here?

I dont know about liars but they're all a bunch of sensitive insecure babies.  This dude is the worst though.  Loves to claim he doesnt care yadayada but is literally in every single Cheatriot thread defending away.  Ever notice his takes in other threads?  Ofcourse you dont because he doesnt post in anything other than when he has to run to the rescue of his tainted franchise. 

Again with this nonsense from the Pats fans?

It's really quite simple.  If cheating doesn't help, then why do it?  Why take the risk and ruin your reputation if there is little to no gain from it?

Playing with deflated footballs is an advantage.  It's common sense.  Any 8 year old child who has thrown/caught/kicked/squeezed/spiked a ball can tell you it's easier to do when the ball isn't pumped up all the way.  Time to move on and drop this silly argument.

Again with this nonsense from the Pats fans?

It's really quite simple.  If cheating doesn't help, then why do it?  Why take the risk and ruin your reputation if there is little to no gain from it?

Playing with deflated footballs is an advantage.  It's common sense.  Any 8 year old child who has thrown/caught/kicked/squeezed/spiked a ball can tell you it's easier to do when the ball isn't pumped up all the way.  Time to move on and drop this silly argument.

If this is really true, then only teams that have QB's and coaches who are complete morons would hand officials balls before the game that are inflated any higher than 12.5 PSI.     

ha ha you just can't help it can you. My existence on this site bothers you so much, that every post you must reply to me, or have a reaction in some way...

good I hope my existence continues to bother you and posters like you.

carry on.

ha ha you just can't help it can you. My existence on this site bothers you so much, that every post you must reply to me, or have a reaction in some way...

good I hope my existence continues to bother you and posters like you.

carry on.

Your existence is meaningless.

I am confident in 3 facts

1) the patriots cheat.  they don't try to gain a competitive advantage, they cheat.  marking the corner of an ace in a deck of cards cheating

2) the NFL is incompetent and has crappy lawyers

3) all of the chowds here have punked out on my challenge to them because they know it too

whatever the outcome is of this debacle, the pats* are chicago black sox tainted forever

Yes, you're free to cherry pick apples for all I care. I don't know what JN has to do with anything I've posted, because I don't speak for JN and JN doesn't speak for me.

The numbers I posted from an independent site have drop % listed for the past 15 years. I don't know how long deflated balls were going on, and frankly I didn't care to look very far, so I "cherry picked" only the last three years. Looking at the last three years, I saw a spike in every single patriots receiving option's drop percentage this year as opposed to the previous two years, including Vereen's this year. 

If you'd like to attribute Edelman's broken finger to it all, be my guest. If you'd like to attribute it to playing time (even though the point of a rate analysis as opposed to a value analysis such as 10 drops against 5, is to factor away attempts, or playing time, as you state), fine by me. I'm not sure why Brady's lack of protection factors into drops, but sure- if the OL's fatness casting a shadow and making it difficult for WRs to see the ball is to blame for the increase in drops, okie dokie.

If you think that effectively pointing out that there was a spike in drops, as well as the fact that the pats are 1-1 in cold weather games with 2 fumbles and numerous drops is whining and crying about the patriots, so be it.

You spent an awful lot of time trying to deflect, dismiss, and deride my post on a Jets message board for something which is "much ado about nothing", when all I was doing was offering a counter argument to the retardedly biased article that the resident pats troll nyjunc posted. 

You act like football is played in a vacuum where everything exists exactly the same.

And that you chose to ignore factors that can affect catching the ball is stupid on your part.

So a dislocated finger will not affect catching the ball?  Really?  Have you ever tried to catch a ball or done anything with a broken finger?  Go put a brace on your wiping hand and then go try and wipe your ass.  Tell me how easy it is to do it.  Your point is ignorant.

A sh*tty OL that has the lead footed Brady scrambling will not affect his accuracy?  Wow.  So being able to deliver a catchable ball does not affect drop numbers.  Then why get Brady off his throwing point?  Due to how it affects him?  Sounds like a sound strategy.

Playing time does not affect numbers?  Amendola's drops over the last three years are 4, 0 and 2.  You know the difference in those three years?  The amount of passes he was targeted.  White goes from 5 catches/5 targets/0 drops to 40 catches/54 targets/ 3 drops ands that is not explainable?  Even a little?

Again, the only person that fits in your theory is Lafell, but a person that does not quite fit into is Gronk who went from 7 drops to 1.  You know the big difference, up until a few weeks ago, he was healthy this year. 

Your argument is weak because you are talking like every game is played in the windy, cold, sleet and snow conditions every game, but that is the vacuum you want everything to exist so it can justify your point.  Not that a practice squad player fumbled the ball. The Patriots fumbling numbers did not change. 

There is an interesting correlation in drops though.  They have had two outliers in drops since 2009.  Every year has been between 33 and 41 except 2011 and 2014 when they went to the Superbowl.  So the years when they played above average they made the Superbowl.  Hmmmm. 

So a dislocated finger will not affect catching the ball?  Really?  Have you ever tried to catch a ball or done anything with a broken finger?  Go put a brace on your wiping hand and then go try and wipe your ass.  Tell me how easy it is to do it.  Your point is ignorant.

So Patriots football is like wiping your ass.

It's been almost a year and people are still on this sh*t lol

There is a whole court case simply because someone took some air out of some footballs. Really! Think about it! Do people realize how retarded that is?

No, just how retarded the argument against cheating and circumventing the rules is.

Now thats a retarded argument

No, I would say that is Jets' football.  In the end all you have to show for it is a bunch of $hit.

True that.  Pat's football are the dingle Berries that hang from your crack and no matter how you hard you wipe they just stick there.  Eventually you put on underwear and then they stain and streak your draws leaving them ruined and even bleach won't help.  You are the shit stain on the undergarments of the NFL. 

True that.  Pat's football are the dingle Berries that hang from your crack and no matter how you hard you wipe they just stick there.  Eventually you put on underwear and then they stain and streak your draws leaving them ruined and even bleach won't help.  You are the sh*t stain on the undergarments of the NFL. 

So you are inferring you do not have dingleberries.  Which infers you partake of man-scaping.  I can see that.

You show it?  I guess that is why all the kids are on instagram!

Hey, there are freaks out there that will look at anything.

I love how right after the Jets get eliminated from the playoffs you all instantly revert back to your wretched offseason selves and top threads like these.

Face it, Jet fans: The actual football season is the offseason for your organization. The offseason, PSI, deflated footballs, video camera placement whining, celebrity gossip, etc etc… This is where you thrive.

I love how right after the Jets get eliminated from the playoffs you all instantly revert back to your wretched offseason selves and top threads like these.

Face it, Jet fans: The actual football season is the offseason for your organization. The offseason, PSI, deflated footballs, video camera placement whining, celebrity gossip, etc etc… This is where you thrive.

Your mother's box

• 3 months later...
On January 5, 2016 at 0:30 PM, WickedAwesome said:

While your offseason is running to Jet boards to defend your teams cheating.  Trying to explain why and how cheating isnt really cheating and in turn how well earned those stained SB actually are.  

Archived