Geno Thinks His being ranked as the worst QB in the NFL is Hilarious

flgreen

Lol, this is what I hate about the media.  This is a non story that needs to be blown up for no reason.  What did people want him to say? "Eh, you know what, they are right, I feel like a loser, I'm not sure why I'm even being given this spot"?  Especially after all the hoopla with Mariotta and how the QB needs to a man among boys and be a leader?  I sure hope he finds it hilarious, because I don't want my QB going into the season thinking he's happy to be a bottom 5 QB.  I want him to actually have the belief that he can be better, so the whole team can take the lead and actually play passionately.  

One of the biggest highlights of my Jets fandom was defeating the Pats in the playoffs, but before that game, pretty much everyone went against them, laughed at their chances.  The team rallied around it, got angered by it, and probably played the best game I've seen in years before or after.  I want Geno or whoever is being ridiculed to react in that fashion, to actually have a problem with the report, than the BS of appeasing self centered reporters, whom have the biggest incentive to sell papers rather than do straight reporting.  

This was the must frustrating thing about Rex.  He could get himself and the team up for a game and beat anyone but it was a one time thing and almost every time they'd sh!t the bed the very next game.

So it's gotten so bad that we now are talking about HOW Geno should be responding to these STUPID media top 32 QB polls?

Seriously, this sh*t is getting so silly I have no clue how these players should react.

Marshawn Lynch is much smarter than he looks!

BaumerJet is smarter than Marshawn Lynch looks.

I think his laughter is part of his immaturity. I certainly don't find being ranked last funny. I would be upset about that.

Careful.... You will get attacked for even having the slightest critical comment on Geno's maturity in here.   :)

I do agree with you though as I stated in my previous comment about his maturity.  In the 2 years Geno has been with us it is extremely rare that Geno holds himself accountable.  He always projects this "team has to play better" but when you throw 3 interceptions in 5 passes last year you probably shouldn't laugh off your performances or say the team needs to play better, he should hold himself accountable.  You can't learn from your mistakes if you don't take your mistakes seriously.

EDIT: And before people jump down my throat, I do support Geno.  He is my starting QB and I'll root for him to succeed.  But that doesn't mean I need to put blinders on to many aspects of how he presents/performs himself as a leader, a qb and a team player.

EDIT: And before people jump down my throat, I do support Geno.  He is my starting QB and I'll root for him to succeed.  But that doesn't mean I need to put blinders on to many aspects of how he presents/performs himself as a leader, a qb and a team player.

Fair enough but your signature says something else.

Fair enough but your signature says something else.

The signature is a joke.  If you can't read my signature and nod your head and chuckle you need to lighten up :)

In case you want to get all wound up this morning you can read the whole article:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-new-york-jets-1720356172

They have them for several teams, its an annual tabloid article that highlights the lows of the organization and the fans.  I personally found the article quite funny and somewhat accurate, especially the Petty/NY Post stuff lol.

And if you do take this article seriously, you should probably take some time off from football.

The signature is a joke.  If you can't read my signature and nod your head and chuckle you need to lighten up :)

In case you want to get all wound up this morning you can read the whole article:

They have them for several teams, its an annual tabloid article that highlights the lows of the organization and the fans.  I personally found the article quite funny and somewhat accurate, especially the Petty/NY Post stuff lol.

And if you do take this article seriously, you should probably take some time off from football.

I hadn't read your sig  before  Jet Nut pointed it out.  It actually is kinda  funny

The signature is a joke. If you can't read my signature and nod your head and chuckle you need to lighten up :)

They have them for several teams, its an annual tabloid article that highlights the lows of the organization and the fans. I personally found the article quite funny and somewhat accurate, especially the Petty/NY Post stuff lol.

You can do whatever you want with your signature. You may even find it funny,my hats not the point. A negative post, a negative signature and feeling the need to explain that you are for Geno.

I wrote fair to bough, this was just an observation. Own it

This was the must frustrating thing about Rex.  He could get himself and the team up for a game and beat anyone but it was a one time thing and almost every time they'd sh!t the bed the very next game.

I think the issue with Rex was that, his approach is heavily reliant on emotion.  The type of "I will run through that wall if I have to" type approach, but it's taxing after awhile, and players start to take days off it seems because he tries to make every game into a big time event.   I still think Rex is a big time defensive coach, but if the team lost emotion, he didn't know how to rally the troops.  There were too many instances where if we got down early, the team would seem to just fall over, which wasn't the case the first couple of years.  

I think the issue with Rex was that, his approach is heavily reliant on emotion.  The type of "I will run through that wall if I have to" type approach, but it's taxing after awhile, and players start to take days off it seems because he tries to make every game into a big time event.   I still think Rex is a big time defensive coach, but if the team lost emotion, he didn't know how to rally the troops.  There were too many instances where if we got down early, the team would seem to just fall over, which wasn't the case the first couple of years.  

Yes, good points.  I actually liked Rex but he did rise to his level of incompetence.

Archived