Sign in to follow this  
Morrissey

EDIT: NO TRADE! says Sandy Alderson.... UPDATE: Gomez traded to Houston

Can you imagine if Flores got himself killed turning that DP?

Then we would still have a way out of a bad deal

I hear you on Wheeler, but with the top 4 we have even if Wheelers healthy he's our 5th starter…IMO its a good risk.

I think a healthy Wheeler is better than a healthy Gomez. Wheelers whole career is promising, Gomez is a slightly above average hitter, some power, slightly above average risp... It's a younger version of the johnson and Uribe signings, solid, not slugger material and def not good value but, whatever the mob has been satisfied

Minaya > Alderson

Minaya was like an endless supply of napalm on the farm system.

By getting Matt Harvey, Dillon Gee, Jon Niese, Daniel Murphy, Lucas Duda and Jacob DeGrom?

I have no interest in doing the research but generally speaking the guy's MO was trading prospects at a discount for proven players. i highly doubt that the only part of our scouting department that is any good, is the part that he put in place. Ask Toronto fans if they have fond memories of Minaya.

First, Wheeler would not be an ace on the Mets. At very best, he would be a 3-5, probably more toward the lower end of that scale.

Wheeler is inefficient in his pitching-He does not trust his stuff and is constantly working high pitch counts in the 5th and 6th inning.

Maybe I am spoiled by the current Met staff, but Zach Wheeler would not be considered an ace on the Mets.

He's 25 y/o and spent one year in the bigs before he got hurt. I wouldn't put a ton of stock in his one year.

I am not a Mets fan but I really just have to shake my head, wonder what the hell the disconnect is with Alderson and Collins in that Collins isn't even in the loop that something like this is potentially going down.

The Mets have what is probably going to be a very special starting rotation for years to come and the fact that they can't, won't, don't build around the rotation is not only hurting them now but it could in the future.

If things don't go well this weekend against the Nats it could get real ugly.

Worked for Tannenbaum almost a decade

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company