EDIT: NO TRADE! says Sandy Alderson.... UPDATE: Gomez traded to Houston

Morrissey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right.  They went to medicals, but it is all the fault of "social media"

I think social media mistakenly reported the trade as finalized when it was clearly pending. Which usually happens anyways because medicals not clearing isn't the norm. But page clicks are the name of the game these days, so I can't blame Rubin or anyone else for trying to drive shares and retweets.

Am I to believe Gomez does not the difference in pain in his own hip and pain in his groin?

Absolutely.  It's basically semantics, but the top of the adductor would often be referred to as hip.  I used to call mine a hip problem because saying "groin" can be frowned upon in the office.

Absolutely.  It's basically semantics, but the top of the adductor would often be referred to as hip.  I used to call mine a hip problem because saying "groin" can be frowned upon in the office.

Why are we having this conversation, and the last thing I want to hear about is your groin.

You are very wrong there.

Minaya tried for quick wins, which the Mets never got. He did not leave the franchise in position to succeed long term, and was loyal to players that he should not have been loyal to. Minaya had free reign of a budget, which Alderson never had with the Mets, or other stops. Alderson has won a WS.

Alderson hasn't won anything with this team.  The championship he got with the A's is over 25 years ago, enough about that.  

The Mets are well positioned with pitching with a rather lousy team on the field. 

Minaya basically destroyed the Expos and you are lucky he didn't destroy the Mets too.

Meanwhile the reason mostly the mets are good at all this year is because of players Minaya acquired Harvey, Niese, Murphy, Duda, DeGrom

It would be great to have Aldersons job. Be completely inept and get zero blame because the owner sucks.

I am not a Mets fan but I really just have to shake my head, wonder what the hell the disconnect is with Alderson and Collins in that Collins isn't even in the loop that something like this is potentially going down.

The Mets have what is probably going to be a very special starting rotation for years to come and the fact that they can't, won't, don't build around the rotation is not only hurting them now but it could in the future.

If things don't go well this weekend against the Nats it could get real ugly.

Meanwhile the reason mostly the mets are good at all this year is because of players Minaya acquired Harvey, Niese, Murphy, Duda, DeGrom

It would be great to have Aldersons job. Be completely inept and get zero blame because the owner sucks.

Alderson inherited a bottom 5 farm system and has turned it into a top 5 farm system.

Now, the results are just staring to show at the mlb level

I am not a Mets fan but I really just have to shake my head, wonder what the hell the disconnect is with Alderson and Collins in that Collins isn't even in the loop that something like this is potentially going down.

The Mets have what is probably going to be a very special starting rotation for years to come and the fact that they can't, won't, don't build around the rotation is not only hurting them now but it could in the future.

If things don't go well this weekend against the Nats it could get real ugly.

Worked for Tannenbaum almost a decade

I liked the deal for both sides but truth is the Mets overpaid a little bit. I'm hoping this is going to be one of those blessings in disguise instances. Fingers crossed for Cespedes. I'm holding off on throwing a hissy fit because it's not necessary until around this time tomorrow.

BABOOM

Archived