Jets 2015 Rewards Cards Arrive

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Knicks are coming around slower but not as quick as the Devils.

They had a Q&A with Phil Jackson and Steve Mills in the theatre at MSG about 3 months ago where all STHs were invited.

Then about 2 months ago they had 2 events at restaurants in Manhattan for the first 100 who RSVPed.  Complimentary food and adult beverages.

And at both venues there were 3 players floating around chatting and snapping photos with everyone.  I met Langston Galloway, Lance Thomas and Ricky Ledo (just waived).

Galloway is a great guy, St. Joe's graduate that you have to root for.  Spent quite a bit of time talking to him.

He even took the time to speak to my son by phone when my wife asked him - was happy to do it.

It's things like this that motivate you more to partner up and support your team.

The Jets need to get on board with stuff like this. 

The day the Jets start following ANYTHING the Knicks do, is the day I finally cash out.

SAR the Chosen 1 is right about one thing.

Jets should take better care of season ticket holders imho. When you purchase stuff in bulk, piece price drops significantly. If Jets marketing folks use their brains, they will realize they can make a lot of STH holders happy by spending only 25 bucks or so per seat.

If you have a customer spending $50 a year, you can give him a $3 spatula.

If you have a customer spending $5,000 a year, you should give him something of value.  Doesn't need to be expensive.  Just needs to be of value.

If the Mets, who don't do anything right, can give fans a $20 baseball bat on a $50 ticket on bat day, there is no excuse for the Jets to give us such crap and think it's good for the brand.  Better to give us nothing.  Don't insult us by giving us junk.

SAR I

You said it wasn't about status being a season ticket holder. 

It's not, but the baseball cap was something personal, it showed some thought went into it, it was something you'd wear and be proud of.  Give me a Season Ticket Holder t-shirt, give me a 'Season Ticket Holder Since 2001' hoodie, give me a mug like that, something that shows my commitment to the team and their reciprocation.

A spatula doesn't make anyone feel special.  Try giving your wife a mop for Mother's Day, see how she reacts.

SAR I

I know. And this is the sad thing. SAR being one of the people who pay thousands to a team for the crap they put in front of them for the last 40 odd years, they have to be more creative to please the idiots(STH's) who still pay them for season tix.

Season Ticket Holders and PSL Owners are not "idiots".

We merely are more dedicated and loyal than the rest of you.

SAR I

If you have a customer spending $50 a year, you can give him a $3 spatula.

If you have a customer spending $5,000 a year, you should give him something of value.  Doesn't need to be expensive.  Just needs to be of value.

If the Mets, who don't do anything right, can give fans a $20 baseball bat on a $50 ticket on bat day, there is no excuse for the Jets to give us such crap and think it's good for the brand.  Better to give us nothing.  Don't insult us by giving us junk.

SAR I

Could use the spatula to clean out the seagull sh*t in the treads on the BMW.

7 observations from Day 1 of Jets camp: More than Sheldon Richardson

Amanda Marzullo | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Print Email Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

on July 31, 2015 at 9:05 AM, updated July 31, 2015 at 11:33 AM

FLORHAM PARK — The activity at One Jets Drive on Thursday wasn't all about defensive end Sheldon Richardson's arrest, what he had to say before the rest of the planet knew about arrest, and how his arrest may impact him and the Jets. The team really did hold a training camp practice, too. It was their first of the summer. Players wore helmets and shorts, but no pads. Pads come later.

Some things we noticed:

1. Geno Smith vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick. Because it's always about the quarterbacks with the Jets, isn't it? Darryl Slater has a more detailed report here. Just know that both quarterbacks seemed to look sharper as the day wore on. It was interesting at one point to see general manager Mike Maccagnan, with his ever-present coffee in hand, making his way over to Smith during a position drill for a close-up look. All eyes really are on Smith this summer.

2. Right guard. Brent Qvale, an undrafted free agent from last year who spent his rookie season on the practice squad, split the first-team reps with Brian Winters, who began last year as the starting left guard before tearing his ACL. The Jets are clearly tinkering at right guard. We'll b watching to see if Oday Aboushi or Dakota Dozier get any runs with the 1s on Friday.

3. Sheldon Richardson. Before the arrest thing, which no one—not even the folks upstairs—knew about, Richardson ran with the second-team defense. The Jets were already aware that Richardson had been suspended for the first four games of the regular season, so they're already planning their practices for just that. Rookie Leonard Williams and usual-backup Leger Douzable both got snaps with the first-team defense in Richardson's stead.

PLUS: The police probable cause statement on Sheldon Richardson's arrest

4. Play of the day. Shaq Evans, a fourth-round pick who spent last season on the practice squad, smoked cornerback Antonio Cromartie for a long touchdown in a 7-on-7 drill, with quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick hitting Evans in stride. Cromartie wasn't all bad on Thursday, though later on, undrafted free agent Jonathon Rumph faked him out on a quick out, and Cromartie got up after the play and grabbed his ankle, though he turned out to be fine.

Highlights from Jets first practice at training camp

Video highlights and quotes from New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles and defensive end Leonard Williams after the first practice of the 2015 training camp. (Video by Amanda Marzullo | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

5. Dee Milliner. Milliner, who's coming back from a torn Achilles and did not start camp on the PUP list, was kept out of team drills, though head coach Todd Bowles said Milliner should begin to transition back into the mix in the days ahead. More here.

6. Who played well? Wideout T.J. Graham made a bunch of catches all over the field. Cornerback Dexter McDougle, coming off ACL surgery, looked pretty good and even had an interception. Fitzpatrick has a strong arm. Running back Daryl Richardson, who was on last year's practice squad, showed a burst of speed. And tight end Wes Saxton made a couple of nice catches.

7. Who didn't play well? It was one practice, so let's not get carried away, but rookie quarterback Bryce Petty, who likely won't play this year anyway, had a bit of a tough go.

The Jets are back at it Friday, with stretching at 1:50 p.m. and practice slated to start at 2:20. Unlike Thursday's practice, Friday's is open to fans who have a valid ticket.

Dom Cosentino may be reached at dcosentino@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @domcosentino. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

Season Ticket Holders and PSL Owners are not "idiots".

We merely are more dedicated and loyal than the rest of you.

SAR I

Dedicated my ass you have more fun  money to spend thats it.  You yourself aren't dedicated you miss games and bad mouth the Jets organization and its fans any chance you get when i was a season ticket holder I missed 0 games.

2 kids in college,property taxes,car insurance,vacations my priorities changed I can watch the same game in the luxury of my own home and still be a die hard dedicated fan if you think going to the stadium changes who you are you are wrong.

And I never cheered underage girls to show their t!ts at the Gate D spirals like you did Mr. Dedicated and Loyal. 

Dedicated my ass you have more fun  money to spend thats it.  You yourself aren't dedicated you miss games and bad mouth the Jets organization and its fans any chance you get when i was a season ticket holder I missed 0 games.

2 kids in college,property taxes,car insurance,vacations my priorities changed I can watch the same game in the luxury of my own home and still be a die hard dedicated fan if you think going to the stadium changes who you are you are wrong.

And I never cheered underage girls to show their t!ts at the Gate D spirals like you did Mr. Dedicated and Loyal. 

Dedication 1:  From 1996 to 2010 I drove from New Hampshire to New Jersey 4x a year.  14 years, 56 trips, 10 hours per trip.  I can't be challenged on dedication.  I don't think you can find another fan who went through this much effort to see the team he loves live in the stadium.

Dedication 2:  Being a Season Ticket Holder means investing your time and your money which is something a TV Viewer does not do.  Someone who spends $5,000 a year on tickets and 7 hours each gameday cannot be compared to someone who spends $0 on tickets and 3 hours in the living room.  It's ridiculous to even say such a thing.

Kids:  I have 4 kids, all need their tuition paid for, my priorities changed only regarding Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games which are impossible to attend due to school schedules.  All other games, I'm there unless I'm in China.

Gate D Sprials:  Not going to work.  Bunch of 30 year old strippers and biker wives, I didn't cheer anyone, I laughed at the absurdity.

JoeWilly:  You talk a good game but you don't attend any.  Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Dedication 1:  From 1996 to 2010 I drove from New Hampshire to New Jersey 4x a year.  14 years, 56 trips, 10 hours per trip.  I can't be challenged on dedication.  I don't think you can find another fan who went through this much effort to see the team he loves live in the stadium.

Dedication 2:  Being a Season Ticket Holder means investing your time and your money which is something a TV Viewer does not do.  Someone who spends $5,000 a year on tickets and 7 hours each gameday cannot be compared to someone who spends $0 on tickets and 3 hours in the living room.  It's ridiculous to even say such a thing.

Kids:  I have 4 kids, all need their tuition paid for, my priorities changed only regarding Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games which are impossible to attend due to school schedules.  All other games, I'm there unless I'm in China.

Gate D Sprials:  Not going to work.  Bunch of 30 year old strippers and biker wives, I didn't cheer anyone, I laughed at the absurdity.

SAR I

Ive spent more on season tickets and traveling to away games than you will spend in a lifetime I still attend home games at my convenience and when I can afford it and when I do I sit in way better seats than you do. 

Enjoy the season it must be hard for you being the miserable self centered person you are but I wish you the best. 

joewilly12

SAR I

Where else can you get this kind of entertainment for free?

What a great country.

2000 to 2009- 10 games a year.  From northern massachusetts.  in every kind of weather.  I missed 2 games in that time.  i went to every preseason game even though it was on weeknights.  So yeah, there are others who makes that much effort.

kinda sucks making that sort of dedication for a team that routinely punches you in the dick.

It's not, but the baseball cap was something personal, it showed some thought went into it, it was something you'd wear and be proud of.  Give me a Season Ticket Holder t-shirt, give me a 'Season Ticket Holder Since 2001' hoodie, give me a mug like that, something that shows my commitment to the team and their reciprocation.

A spatula doesn't make anyone feel special.  Try giving your wife a mop for Mother's Day, see how she reacts.

SAR I

I have my two old hats from the old stadium.  Changed sections after year two in the new stadium so that hat is now worthless.  I still have my Season Ticket Club jacket my father and I each paid I believe $40 for back in 1998.  17 years later and still in good condition.

46 days until the first tailgate, but who's counting.  The flags were on the Jets 2014 NFL Network show that aired last week.

I have to try to stop by for a beer at some point this season.  So hard by the time I set up it's time to make breakfast and then lunch and then time to go inside.

2000 to 2009- 10 games a year.  From northern massachusetts.  in every kind of weather.  I missed 2 games in that time.  i went to every preseason game even though it was on weeknights.  So yeah, there are others who makes that much effort.

kinda sucks making that sort of dedication for a team that routinely punches you in the dick.

Wow, we could have carpooled and saved a fortune on gas and tolls.  I would always pit-stop at Rein's Deli on the way down and the Mobil station and rest stop up at Sturbridge on the way back up.  I could kill the first hour of the trip back north by listening to the postgame show, but by mid-Connecticut it would cut out and things would get a bit dull.  Good times.

SAR I

I still have my Season Ticket Club jacket my father and I each paid I believe $40 for back in 1998.  17 years later and still in good condition.

Whoa, never saw one of those,  Can you post a few pics?

SAR I

Will u 2 stop bickering about Who has the biggest schlong? Sar is dead right about one thing though. I spent $5000 for my tickets. And another month I will spend another $3000 for PSL payment. Well I'm not crying the blues because I made this decision and I am not upset by it, The types of gifts that they hand out are insulting. if you're going to send me out a score for a spatula and save the money and don't even bother. I spent thousands of dollars over the years to watch this terrible product and the best they can do is send me a beer cozy? Or a cheap bag drawstring valued at about three dollars on Amazon? WTF!

I have to try to stop by for a beer at some point this season.  So hard by the time I set up it's time to make breakfast and then lunch and then time to go inside.

You do need to swing by. Get one of those carts to bring you over.

You do need to swing by. Get one of those carts to bring you over.

I believe L7 is smack dab in the middle of the two of you. In your travels stop by for a few MacAttack sliders

Wow, we could have carpooled and saved a fortune on gas and tolls.  I would always pit-stop at Rein's Deli on the way down and the Mobil station and rest stop up at Sturbridge on the way back up.  I could kill the first hour of the trip back north by listening to the postgame show, but by mid-Connecticut it would cut out and things would get a bit dull.  Good times.

SAR I

I think me no longer going to games forced the Roy Rogers in Sturbridge to close. 

Wife loves stopping at Rein's Deli the few times we head to the NY area.

Impressive. Beats sar who run was also good.

Will u 2 stop bickering about Who has the biggest schlong? Sar is dead right about one thing though. I spent $5000 for my tickets. And another month I will spend another $3000 for PSL payment. Well I'm not crying the blues because I made this decision and I am not upset by it, The types of gifts that they hand out are insulting. if you're going to send me out a score for a spatula and save the money and don't even bother. I spent thousands of dollars over the years to watch this terrible product and the best they can do is send me a beer cozy? Or a cheap bag drawstring valued at about three dollars on Amazon? WTF!

That about sums it up.  The Jets Rewards Program is just about the most insulting thing the Jets primitive marketing team has ever done to us.  Either offer something of value or eliminate this incredibly inept program. What were they thinking?  $5,000 per year plus parking and PSLs and all you can offer is an autographed picture of a scrub, useless bobbleheads or some other piece of garbage?  Please.  Dear Jets:  Do everyone a favor and dump this embarrassment of a "rewards" program.  There is no "reward" in it for the STHs.    

the gifs are lame-just give the fans a voucher that can be used in the stadium for food and drink

I thought the reward points were stupid but I used last years points to be on the field on game day for the opener plus the skins game this year-will take my nephew and it will be an experience he will always remember.

I laugh when i read about "who is the better fan" my father started taking me to games when I was 3-40 years ago-in that time frame I have missed about 5 games and have seen about 100 away games-I have had my own season tickets since I was 20-have my own psls- with all of that said the time and money I have spent means nothing. I am no better than any other fan watching the game and hoping for a win and a championship

Yes, the 'who's the biggest fan' arguments are silly.  I had been on the waiting list forever for STHs, and started saving money for PSLs in the years before the new stadium, then finally had the chance to buy 2 in the lower section, which I did in cash.  Making the decision to drop $12K of my own hard earned money for the obligation to purchase tickets for all home games including the meaningless ones each year by definition means I'm a dedicated fan, and I have a decent income but am by no means rich.   I make it to every game I'm able to that doesn't conflict with family commitments.  It's totally cool with me for older fellow Jet fans that have been coming to games for decades to express their dedication, whether they have PSLs or not.  The people I have a problem with are the ones who boo their own team or individual players after every play that is not successful (not True Jet Fans), or drunk morons that say and do nasty things that make all Jet fans look bad (not True Jet Fans).

As to the original topic, I agree that the rewards during its first year has been badly flawed for a lot of different reasons.  Some people will say 'you're getting something for free, but still complain', but they overlook the fact that the program is designed to give PSL owners an incentive to come to more games than they might otherwise (and stop tailgating sooner), including meaningless preseason games and 2 Monday night games last year during an awful season.  That helped the stadium's bottom line, but the lack of exclusive and desirable rewards didn't do a lot for those of us who ponied up more than market value for tickets.  However, since becoming a PSL owner I've seen that constructive complaining does get results, though the results take longer than they should.  I held on to all my points for one of my seats until the expiration day (mainly because nothing was worthwhile enough).  It turned out to be worth doing that, because I won Demario Davis' practice worn jersey  :1st:   The reps I spoke to did say they were making improvements to the program due to the feedback they'd gotten, but we'll all have to hope they follow through.

Archived