Jets 2015 Rewards Cards Arrive

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demographic my ass ; I think that YOU need an enema !!!!!

I'm in the 1% of the Jets best and most loyal fans.  My PSL's and the associated 30 year commitment mean I'm into the Jets for $185,000 through 2040 and that's before souvenirs, concessions, and soft drinks.

Demographics.  They change.

SAR I

I'm in the 1% of the Jets best and most loyal fans.  My PSL's and the associated 30 year commitment mean I'm into the Jets for $185,000 through 2040 and that's before souvenirs, concessions, and soft drinks.

SAR I

thankfully my best pls are coaches club- I would hate to be stuck next to the soccer mom driving bmw demographic-the ones that claim to be big shots but really are not-

So what are the early reviews on the spatula? How's the flip action? Solid scooping power or is it one of those spatulas that can murder a burger sometimes?

I don't like the rounded edge, prefer flat ended spatula, but otherwise sturdy.  Handle not too long, so that is a plus.  Bottle opener is a nice touch.  

SAR I

So the stadium holds 82,000, 10,000 of which are club seats and figure another 4,400 in the 218 suites. You are in the 82% that aren't in those seats with the rest of us who are. So, there's that.

I just added Jets cash. I normally don't bother with stuff like that but I think we get $20 for signing up, $20 for using master card, and $20 for using it tomorrow. So like a $60 coupon for something I'll definitely use (I usually buy 2-3 beers per game, so it will go quickly)

Hoping I didn't miss the fine print

That's because the Devils have no fans .

Devils have fans. They also have a beautiful arena. Those things combined cannot trump the total sh*t location in still a sh*t city (how is Corey Booker popular at all, BTW?).

What's your point? I had PSLs in the new stadium. Sect. 104., not Giants stadium, so to say you didn't have to sit with people like me isn't necessarily true IMO

Oh, I thought you were saying that you cleaned toilets years ago when you were in 104 in Giants Stadium.  Didn't realize you were talking about fairly recently.

SAR I

thankfully my best pls are coaches club- I would hate to be stuck next to the soccer mom driving bmw demographic-the ones that claim to be big shots but really are not-

If I wanted Coaches Club seats I would have them, I had Day 1 seniority and could have sat anywhere I pleased.

I like elevation so I can see plays develop.  I go to the game to watch the game.  The carpeted bar mitzvah food court is a distraction.

SAR I

So the stadium holds 82,000, 10,000 of which are club seats and figure another 4,400 in the 218 suites. You are in the 82% that aren't in those seats with the rest of us who are. So, there's that.

There are 82,500 seats but there are only 16,000 Jets fans out of 2,000,000 who are owners of PSL's which is 0.8%.

So there's that.

SAR I

I just added Jets cash. I normally don't bother with stuff like that but I think we get $20 for signing up, $20 for using master card, and $20 for using it tomorrow. So like a $60 coupon for something I'll definitely use (I usually buy 2-3 beers per game, so it will go quickly)

Don't think you did.

Looks like $60 for free.

I am wondering if we will continue to want to use it.

I read some guys look at it as a pain in the *ss having another card to refill, keep track of and whatnot.

Sans the perpetual p*ss smell in Penn Station, the area is improving.

Not that NYC is the be all and end all, it's not, but Newark is like 20 years behind all the time. As someone who spent their first 24 years there, I find it to be a damn shame.

Nice jacket !! I've been a season ticket holder since 1980 and never heard of these jackets .

In 1998 when they changed logos they sent something out for these.  I remember my father said what a waste and it's a pullover but I was going to pay $40 for mine and he instead bought one for himself and me.  17 years later we still wear them. 

I'm strongly considering it.  I NEVER buy anything in the stadium.  My sister ends up buying her my father and I hot chocolate in December.  I may just do it for the heck of it on one seat.  Just have to buy one thing tomorrow night.  Only thing I would make sure of is you don't have it auto renew  Just tried it and I show $90 in my account  Will see what happens when I swipe tomorrow night.  Can it be used in the Jets Shop at the stadium too?..

Don't think you did.

Looks like $60 for free.

I am wondering if we will continue to want to use it.

I read some guys look at it as a pain in the *ss having another card to refill, keep track of and whatnot.

That is why I don't usually bother with stuff like this.  It's another card, thing to track, remember to use that balance, "oh, wait, I have $2.18 left on that card....I guess I should add more and buy a pretzel to exhaust it.....oh crap, now I have $4.17 left...." and so on, and so on.  I was ignoring it but then with their last email I was like....$60 coupon?.....OK....

I'm strongly considering it.  I NEVER buy anything in the stadium.  My sister ends up buying her my father and I hot chocolate in December.  I may just do it for the heck of it on one seat.  Just have to buy one thing tomorrow night.  Only thing I would make sure of is you don't have it auto renew  Just tried it and I show $90 in my account  Will see what happens when I swipe tomorrow night.  Can it be used in the Jets Shop at the stadium too?..

I put money on one card.  The lowest increment was $50.  I was going to put $50 on each ticket I have (I have 2 tix) but then figured I pay for both of my seats.  I try to go to every game and my extra floats.  I don't intend to finance whomever I bring's eating/drinking/etc every game.  Plus then I'd eventually wind up with 2 cards with pesky $2.18 and $3.14 balances I need to clear.

I just looked and I see $0.00 on one ticket and $90 on the other.  So yeah I guess we need to use it tomorrow for that last $20.  Not bad if this actually works.

I have to look at the auto-refill.  Assuming it refills at the lowest increment ($50), we will inevitably then wind up with something between a $0.01 and $50.01 balance at the end of the year.  I guess that's OK as long as it carries over, else we'll be buying Chad Pennington bobbleheads or whatever to drain it.

As I type that, I am again reminded why I am inclined to always ignore crap like this.  I guess we're being paid $60 to deal with that.

That is why I don't usually bother with stuff like this.  It's another card, thing to track, remember to use that balance, "oh, wait, I have $2.18 left on that card....I guess I should add more and buy a pretzel to exhaust it.....oh crap, now I have $4.17 left...." and so on, and so on.  I was ignoring it but then with their last email I was like....$60 coupon?.....OK....

I put money on one card.  The lowest increment was $50.  I was going to put $50 on each ticket I have (I have 2 tix) but then figured I pay for both of my seats.  I try to go to every game and my extra floats.  I don't intend to finance whomever I bring's eating/drinking/etc every game.  Plus then I'd eventually wind up with 2 cards with pesky $2.18 and $3.14 balances I need to clear.

I just looked and I see $0.00 on one ticket and $90 on the other.  So yeah I guess we need to use it tomorrow for that last $20.  Not bad if this actually works.

I have to look at the auto-refill.  Assuming it refills at the lowest increment ($50), we will inevitably then wind up with something between a $0.01 and $50.01 balance at the end of the year.  I guess that's OK as long as it carries over, else we'll be buying Chad Pennington bobbleheads or whatever to drain it.

As I type that, I am again reminded why I am inclined to always ignore crap like this.  I guess we're being paid $60 to deal with that.

I loaded the $50 on one card this AM and then did sign up for the $50 minimum auto refill if my account drops below $15. They give you $15, $20 or $25 thresholds to choose from.

Figured I have nothing to lose. If I don't use it, it doesn't refill.

I also don't buy much of anything in the stadium as the price gauging and lousy value is over the top.

Good question about the $ carrying over until next year if you don't use it.

I see some Jet reps tonight, I will ask that question.

I will buy something tonight just to get the extra $20 - maybe a cup of $5 coffee.

They also credit you an extra buck if you sign up for the auto refill.

Found this in the FAQ on the website:

Your Jets Cash card balance will roll over to next season. If for some reason you elect not to renew your season ticket account, the Jets will refund your balance. Note that Bonus Bucks expire at the end of the program year.

Interesting - thank you! So we at least must use our bonus bucks or those will expire. I should change my bad habit of a few beers at each game, but if I don't, I'll easily go through the bonus bucks. I never buy food for me but when I take my kid to preseason or draft/movie night he always wants a hot dog and a cookie. All terrible values but another way to blow through the bonus bucks without trying (to be fair, that $9 I think hot dog and $5-$6 cookie were pretty delicious....just not worth those prices).

And thank you for the tip on auto renew. May as well go all in at this point and get the extra bonus dollar.

Maybe this will finally be the "hey here's a free beer or pretzel on us" I've been asking for all along with the rewards program!

Archived