Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not enough that we have to endure guys like Gholston and Stephen Hill. Even when we draft a Rookie of the Year, he has to suddenly turn into a ******* sh*theel.

can't believe you forgot the #thanksidzik

As much as I like the sentiment, you can trade him for a pretty good draft pick.  If someone outside the AFCE offered a 2nd rounder I'd probably do the deal now and lock Mo up. If not, let him (hopefully) get back on the field and play a few games with a chip on his shoulder and check again.

However, there is another possibility.  if the kid is depressed or going through something he simply can't handle at the moment and there's even a chance the vets in the clubhouse can bring him around, is it worth giving him the season?  I definitely don't know all the facts of what's in Sheldon's head.

It's not enough that we have to endure guys like Gholston and Stephen Hill. Even when we draft a Rookie of the Year, he has to suddenly turn into a ******* sh*theel.

idzik is the boss turd equivalent of king midas

Jets may come out winners in all this sh*t. Maybe they'll get to sign this guy for dirt cheap because nobody is offering him a big contract. Already has marijuana in the car again 11 days after being suspended for marijuana. Has to pass up to 10 random tests a year....probably not gonna happen but who knows maybe he turns it around and realizes that he is out of chances.

And as for having this guy on the team and supporting him, its the same argument anytime this kind of stuff happens, these guys are not upstanding citizens....they're strong, can run fast and hit hard those are literally the only reasons they are where they are. Would it be nice if everyone on the team was a good person? Yeah but that's not the case. Let the league hand out the punishment and see how cheap you can keep him for without risking anything.

Shelly's arraignment got moved up.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  4m4 minutes ago
Sheldon Richardson's arraignment date in St. Charles County (St. Louis) is Aug. 31, per prosecutor. Initially listed as Oct. 27. #nyj

Big move up, guessing he will lose more games this year now.

He may have been caught twice, you dont know what he can or cant give up.  He was tested randomly, no one knows when theyre being tested, nothings changed.  

He would be signed in a second if released.  He's too talented not to be.  For all hes done, that we know of, hes messed up but didnt beat his girlfriend to a pulp and smash her into a bathtub.  Hardy did, was on a 10 game suspension and still got a contract from the Cowboys as soon as he was released

Cutting him may be inevitable.  If he gets convicted and sentenced to prison they're going to have to cut him then.   (is there a precedent where a player went to jail and wasn't cut?)

If what's being said is true, and it's this high profile, there's almost no way he's not going to prison.

But ultimately I agree with you - you don't cut him unless you have to.  Stick by him this year - hope he smartens up and comes back next season....he's not playing a single down this year though.

Cutting him may be inevitable.  If he gets convicted and sentenced to prison they're going to have to cut him then.   (is there a precedent where a player went to jail and wasn't cut?)

If what's being said is true, and it's this high profile, there's almost no way he's not going to prison.

But ultimately I agree with you - you don't cut him unless you have to.  Stick by him this year - hope he smartens up and comes back next season....he's not playing a single down this year though.

Hes never getting cut.  Isn't happening, he's too good without salary issues to just be released.  

And I don't see how he's going to prison, who goes to prison on a first offense, traffic violation?  

Wait, lol you're serious!?!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

ya, I m serious. lets not be hypocritical here. stupid, dumb, and dangerous? yes. murderous, gangster thug? no there are people on this board that want him cut. other are talking about banning him from the nfl. this is one of the jets best players. first time arrest. he was charged with resisting arrest and traffic violations. like I told another poster, he is hardly in the al capone mold

He may have been caught twice, you dont know what he can or cant give up.  He was tested randomly, no one knows when theyre being tested, nothings changed.  

He would be signed in a second if released.  He's too talented not to be.  For all hes done, that we know of, hes messed up but didnt beat his girlfriend to a pulp and smash her into a bathtub.  Hardy did, was on a 10 game suspension and still got a contract from the Cowboys as soon as he was released

Do you ever know what you're talking about. Everyone knows that isn't in the NFL drug program ( didn't fail a drug test) when the drug test going to be given. ( why a lot more NFL players aren't getting suspended for this-despite fact high percentage of NFL players are doing pot. Once you fail a drug test than you are subjected to random testing from the league( than it's only a matter time before you fail another test- See Richardson getting busted with pot after his suspension- didn't learn a darn thing .

An NFL player doesn't get suspended till he failed 4 drug test( that's when the public finds out- but the facts is he still fail a couple previous ones to get to that point.

No one trading for Sheldon Richardson because it only matter of time before he fails another drug test.( out of the league).

see Josh Gordon. Every team knew the red flags with Sheldon Richardson , Jets rolled the dice and took a chance on him.( drafted him). Looks like it will blow up right in their faces.

Hes never getting cut.  Isn't happening, he's too good without salary issues to just be released.  

And I don't see how he's going to prison, who goes to prison on a first offense, traffic violation?  

+1 If Ray Lewis didn't go to jail or Donte Stallworh who did 30 days for killing a guy when he was high on weed I doubt Sheldon will.. The league could suspend him for the rest of the season like Stallworth, but if the Jets cut him he will be a Bill,Fin or Pat in a heartbeat.. Stallworth became a Raven after his year suspension and also a Skin and Pat..

Shelly's arraignment got moved up.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  4m4 minutes ago
Sheldon Richardson's arraignment date in St. Charles County (St. Louis) is Aug. 31, per prosecutor. Initially listed as Oct. 27. #nyj

Big move up, guessing he will lose more games this year now.

I think failing another drug test is more damaging to Sheldon, at this point in his career, than the outcome of these charges in court

If he goes to prison he gets cut.

Is that what you're calling it - a "traffic violation" - 140+ mph, while under the influence of marijuana, loaded semi-automatic under the front seat, racing from the police - all with a minor in the car....(resisting arrest, marijuana, speeding that fast - all likely carry jail sentences as potential penalties...typically not enforced.

He's going to do time.  They have to throw the book at him.

It all depends on what message you want to send to the team.  If a new regime, new coach, new gm want to make a statement about 'team' they could cut him, even if he is a possible asset going forward.  Guys that don;t get cut often end up being millstones around your neck for years.  (See Gordon)

If he goes to prison he gets cut.

Is that what you're calling it - a "traffic violation" - 140+ mph, while under the influence of marijuana, loaded semi-automatic under the front seat, racing from the police - all with a minor in the car....(resisting arrest, marijuana, speeding that fast - all likely carry jail sentences as potential penalties...typically not enforced.

He's going to do time.  They have to throw the book at him.

So all that is worse then Killing someone like Stallworth who got 30 days???

Never got caught when I did! ;)

when I was 18, something very similar happened to me. I was with my cousin(17) and some girl he was banging(15).my cousin convinced the girl,whos brother owned a Nissan 300zx twin turbo sitting in garage, to take it for a spin. he was driving and decided to see how fast it was. we were all buzzed at the time. drove by a cop on the freeway very late at night and was clocked at 140 mph. my cousin saw the cops hit his lights, he hit the gas, and jumped off the feeway a coupla exits down to avoid getting caught. didn't work. cops surrounded the car and my cousin was arrested. paid a fine and was done. was fun at the time, but looking back, it was dumb, stupid, dangerous, and immature. but it was nothing that we couldn't bounce back from. lesson learned

He's going to do time

he wont see a minute behind bars. he was charged with misdemeanors. and why does everyone keep stressing over the "loaded gun" under the seat. if it wasn't legal, he would have been charged. he has the right to bear arms except when speeding?

besides, I think the court system is busy trying to convict real criminals and they really don't have the time to "throw the book at" misdemeanor offenders

Archived