Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

4. He chooses to not disclose this information to his employer and embarrasses his employer by trying to cover up the arrest, leaving his employer scambling in a PR nightmare.

there is a reason for this. Sheldon might be a little smarter than most give him credit for. as I have stated numerous times, his court case will end in a fine.maybe,maybe a small piece of probation. his real concern is with the nfl. he knows that 1 more dirty urine gets him an addition 10 game suspension. he would be retarded to give up a blood or urine sample to the cops, and he wasn't charged with failure to do so, so there will be no dui charge coming. he probably had his lawyer talk to the DA, asking for a coupla weeks to release the report. why else would they take 2 weeks? in the meantime, Sheldon knowing that after the nfl finds out about the incident, most certainly will give him another drug test. so while buying time,sheldon stops smoking weed,drink 5 or 6 gallons of water a day and any other detoxificants he can get his hands on and pisses clean. no 10 game suspension

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you ever know what you're talking about. Everyone knows that isn't in the NFL drug program ( didn't fail a drug test) when the drug test going to be given. ( why a lot more NFL players aren't getting suspended for this-despite fact high percentage of NFL players are doing pot. Once you fail a drug test than you are subjected to random testing from the league( than it's only a matter time before you fail another test- See Richardson getting busted with pot after his suspension- didn't learn a darn thing .

An NFL player doesn't get suspended till he failed 4 drug test( that's when the public finds out- but the facts is he still fail a couple previous ones to get to that point.

No one trading for Sheldon Richardson because it only matter of time before he fails another drug test.( out of the league).

see Josh Gordon. Every team knew the red flags with Sheldon Richardson , Jets rolled the dice and took a chance on him.( drafted him). Looks like it will blow up right in their faces.

Please stop, youre are clueless as it gets.  

1.  All players are subject to random tests, not just those who are found guilty at some time. 

2.  A NFL player doesnt need 4 failed tests to be suspended, go back to the books, you're wrong.  Again

3. Gordon already has had a 10 game suspension and failed again.  Yes no one is trading for Gordon.  Unfortunately for you theyre not on the same level

4. Hardy.  He almost killed his girlfriend.  Maybe you should look at the beating she took.  Didn't stop the Boys from signing him.  Stallworth, after killing someone while high became a Raven after his year suspension and went on to play for the Skins and Pats.

5.  All of this is moot.  Sheldon wasnt and isnt going to be traded.  He's a dominate DL, a disruptive force thats hard to find.  

Can't help but think how completely different your story would be if Sheldon was a Raider 

If we put aside the righteous indignation narrative, then this is the reality of it. 

Listen, I'm not a fan of the fact that the NFL and athletes get away with crimes we as tax-paying schlubs wouldn't. I get that. It sucks.

I just don't want the Jets and Sheldon Richardson to become the example and case study for where all the injustice suddenly gets corrected. **** that. He didn't kill or rape anyone. He didn't even hit anyone or kill an animal. He sped, he smoked, and he made stupid decisions that endangered people, specifically a child, but he was lucky in that nobody got hurt. I believe in redemption. Sometimes dumb sh*t like this can be a wake-up call. Sometimes it's not. I fully expect and want the NFL, the players union, the Jets, and Sheldon to make him pay the price, then get him back on the field as soon as possible. Then for him to never do this sort of dumb sh*t again. 

What Sheldon did was no worse than what Greg Hardy did. Add 4 more games. Lose him for 8 total, maybe even 10. That seems right in contrast to how other teams and players manipulate the system as it exists... just as long as we do exactly that: manipulate the system. Every other team does it for much bigger scum bags. This guy is dumb. He's our dummy. There's no reason to cut him. Just be thankful he didn't do something worse, and hope he can keep being a dominant force for us while never doing anything like this again.

Fair enough - but it's more than that...It's the entire package.

You really couldn't come up with someone doing all of this at one time and have people believe it.

Excessive speeding, endandgering a child, having a fully loaded semi-automatic (I know it's not illegal but come on!!!) running from police - pot, again!

Sure, if you look at each of these things in a vacuum they're not that bad - but the overwhelming amount of bad decisions this kid made is just screaming for a serious penalty.

I for one don't think we should cut him or trade him...keep him on this team as long as we can.

1.  All players are subject to random tests, not just those who are found guilty at some time. 

2.  A NFL player doesnt need 4 failed tests to be suspended, go back to the books, you're wrong.  Again

3. Gordon already has had a 10 game suspension and failed again.  Yes no one is trading for Gordon.  Unfortunately for you theyre not on the same level

4. Hardy.  He almost killed his girlfriend.  Maybe you should look at the beating she took.  Didn't stop the Boys from signing him.  Stallworth, after killing someone while high became a Raven after his year suspension and went on to play for the Skins and Pats.

5.  All of this is moot.  Sheldon wasnt and isnt going to be traded.  He's a dominate DL, a disruptive force thats hard to find.  

Can't help but think how completely different your story would be if Sheldon was a Raider 

I wonder if he's old enough to remember John Matuszak??  

If he goes to prison he gets cut.

Is that what you're calling it - a "traffic violation" - 140+ mph, while under the influence of marijuana, loaded semi-automatic under the front seat, racing from the police - all with a minor in the car....(resisting arrest, marijuana, speeding that fast - all likely carry jail sentences as potential penalties...typically not enforced.

He's going to do time.  They have to throw the book at him.

He's not going to prison.  He was speeding, get that.  You don't know that he was under the influence of weed, no one has said that.  Its a traffic violation at this point.  

Stallworth played many years, until his talent falloff became the reason for him to go after killing someone with his car.  While under the influence.  No jail time.

Then there's always Ray Lewis and Hardy

there is a reason for this. Sheldon might be a little smarter than most give him credit for. as I have stated numerous times, his court case will end in a fine.maybe,maybe a small piece of probation. his real concern is with the nfl. he knows that 1 more dirty urine gets him an addition 10 game suspension. he would be retarded to give up a blood or urine sample to the cops, and he wasn't charged with failure to do so, so there will be no dui charge coming. he probably had his lawyer talk to the DA, asking for a coupla weeks to release the report. why else would they take 2 weeks? in the meantime, Sheldon knowing that after the nfl finds out about the incident, most certainly will give him another drug test. so while buying time,sheldon stops smoking weed,drink 5 or 6 gallons of water a day and any other detoxificants he can get his hands on and pisses clean. no 10 game suspension

Seriously?

The same guy that just failed a drug test, got suspended and then went on a pot smoking, street racing, cop evading spree..

This is the guy we're supposed to give credit for being smart?

Josh Gordon is a special case because the drug policy changed in 2014.

Marijuana threshold: The NFL is ramping down it's stance on marijuana use. The threshold for a positive test has been increased from 15 ng/ml to 35 ng/ml.

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

The majority of the time teams that overlook negative impact on the team dynamic due to the allure of talent regret it sooner or later.  The guy is a very good player and will be a great player soon if he sticks to the straight and narrow.

Want a culture change though?  This is the perfect time to attain it.  Gather the team together just before camp practice and tell them he has been released because we are a team and our goal is to win the superbowl.  The new coach and gm then get the instant rep of not fing around.  If we let him do his time (criminal or suspension) and welcome him back with open arms expect a new team distraction a year or two down the road.

He's not going to prison.  He was speeding, get that.  You don't know that he was under the influence of weed, no one has said that.  Its a traffic violation at this point.  

Stallworth played many years, until his talent falloff became the reason for him to go after killing someone with his car.  While under the influence.  No jail time.

Then there's always Ray Lewis and Hardy

No one said he's not going to play - he will and if he stays out of trouble will continue to be a dominant player and have a long career (he's still a kid)

It's my opinion, based upon what I've see, he's going to spend time in jail.   Probably not a lot but still...

Seriously?

The same guy that just failed a drug test, got suspended and then went on a pot smoking, street racing, cop evading spree..

This is the guy we're supposed to give credit for being smart?

you sound ridiculous. and a question for ya. why do you keep bringing up the gun? no charges were filed so obviously he was in his right to have said gun. the gun in the report is just fluff. sounds like you took the bait

I for one don't think we should cut him or trade him...keep him on this team as long as we can.

And 4 times a year we will be hearing about what he is doing while suspended, each camp we will be having stories about another possible indiscretion.  I'd say there are more guys that revert to behavior after a time than learn the hard lesson and then become choir boys.  We are going to be taking about this guy whether he plays or not for the next 3 years.  I'd have no issue with cutting ties right here and right now.

I think what will happen is what you have suggested, we will keep him let it flow through and try and redeem the guy.  I am betting he will be a millstone like gordon.  come back, look great for half a year and then get rapped again.

I really wish people would stop calling 24 year olds kids.  A 24 yr old who has been through highschool, college and 2 years in a professional capacity is not a KID.  He is a grown adult and needs accountability.

Lets look at his history:

1. He drops hints of wanting Suh 100+ mil type money before entering his 3rd professional year.

2. He fails multiple drug tests, suspended 4 games. Next suspension will be 10 games.

3. 12 days after his punishment (which hasn't been served yet) the facts come out in a police report of mulitple new offenses.

4. He chooses to not disclose this information to his employer and embarrasses his employer by trying to cover up the arrest, leaving his employer scambling in a PR nightmare.

5. He proclaims in front of the media and public 1 hour before everyone found out about the arrest that he is not a dope fiend and no one should worry about hearing Sheldons name in the news ever again.

6. He violated the Player conduct policy at least in 3 different capacities during these July events.

HE LIED TO HIS EMPLOYERS AND TRIED TO COVER IT UP.

-this alone would normally get you fired.

Again he is 24 years old, this is not a child, this is an adult who has made severely poor choices in his ADULT life.

Going to be interesting to see how the new regime handles this.

A 24 yr old is most certainly a kid.  He's an adult legally, and physically, but most definitely a kid from a maturity standpoint.  All people mature at different rates, many variables go into the rate of maturity, parents, upbringing, life events, etc...  A trained member of the military for example, would be much more mature than somebody who hasn't gone through military training.  It's about self-discipline, moral integrity, character, does a person have it or not?  Sheldon has proven he does not, has very little regard for himself, is selfish, put whatever label on him  you want, but stop with this holier than thou crap.  He should not be evaluated as some icon or role model, at this point in his life, he is neither.

Mo Wilkerson on the other hand, he is an example Sheldon should be learning from.

you sound ridiculous. and a question for ya. why do you keep bringing up the gun? no charges were filed so obviously he was in his right to have said gun. the gun in the report is just fluff. sounds like you took the bait

You're telling me to give Richardson credit for being smart - I'm saying I can't do that - based on his recent behavior I'm not sure how anyone could.

As for the gun, it just adds to his stupidity.  There's no bait here, no trap I'm falling into.  I want Sheldon to remain a Jet, I have no agenda against him and don't think anyone writing this story is looking to do so...

but having a fully loaded, semi-automatic weapon under his seat, while driving 140+ miles an hour with a car full of people (including a 12 year old) while smoking pot, is just downright idiotic..beyond idiotic...

The gun definitely matters when judging the man's intellect.

BINGO!

Raider fan needs to shut up!!!

Whatever happened to the girl & how hot was she

she was nothing special,i guess. just a willing participant to our fun. her parents caught wind of what happened and the fact that my cousin never paid her back the $500 bail bond money, I never saw her again

Josh Gordon is a special case because the drug policy changed in 2014.

Marijuana threshold: The NFL is ramping down it's stance on marijuana use. The threshold for a positive test has been increased from 15 ng/ml to 35 ng/ml.

Marijuana discipline: The punishment for a positive test is also changing. As is the case now, a first-time offense lands the player in the substance abuse program without a suspension. The primary difference is the punishment for a second positive test: simply a two-game fine. Each additional violation receives the following progressive discipline: four-game fine, four-game suspension, 10-game suspension. A player can therefore test positive for marijuana three times without getting suspended.

He can also be suspended on his second offense.  Doesnt have to be his 4th offense.  

Which is exactly what I said.  Thanks for proving me right.

You're telling me to give Richardson credit for being smart - I'm saying I can't do that - based on his recent behavior I'm not sure how anyone could.

As for the gun, it just adds to his stupidity.  There's no bait here, no trap I'm falling into.  I want Sheldon to remain a Jet, I have no agenda against him and don't think anyone writing this story is looking to do so...

but having a fully loaded, semi-automatic weapon under his seat, while driving 140+ miles an hour with a car full of people (including a 12 year old) while smoking pot, is just downright idiotic..beyond idiotic...

The gun definitely matters when judging the man's intellect.

again, what does the gun have to do with being stupid? I don't get your gripe about this. he wasn't driving around 100mph waving the gun out of the window. it was under his seat. it is fluff and you did take the bait

BINGO!

Raider fan needs to shut up!!!

He never stops.  He should go back to explaining how the jets secondary is a unit of concern.  That was as classic as SAR I claiming here that he was telling all at JI that he wanted Rex fired going into last season.

again, what does the gun have to do with being stupid? I don't get your gripe about this. he wasn't driving around 100mph waving the gun out of the window. it was under his seat. it is fluff and you did take the bait

Do we know if he's allowed to carry in Tenn?

a truly dumb mfer would have pissed in a cup at the police station, essentially ending his year. so I give him credit for that

Because he has no need for a gun...let alone a semi-automatic.  

Again, but even still - in a vacuum I have no problem with the gun - Have a gun and use it when you need if you want.  But when you're high and street racing - leave the gun at home.

Bait for what?  What trap was set for me?

how in hell do you know that he has no need for a gun? how do you know what Sheldon Richardson needs? well, I can answer that for you. you don't

do you even have a clue to what "semi-automatic" means? just about every gun made is a semi automatic.

Have a gun and use it when you need if you want

this is why it was under his seat. the bait you took was from the fluff. it has no bearing on the case whatsoever. yet, you keep adding it in with your list of Richardson gripes

Missouri. and I am too lazy to look it up, but if it was not within his rights to carry, I am sure they would have charged him

Missouri gun laws are on the more lax end. They had a ballot amendment last fall expanding constitutional language which actually got upheld by their state supreme court this week.

how in hell do you know that he has no need for a gun? how do you know what Sheldon Richardson needs? well, I can answer that for you. you don't

do you even have a clue to what "semi-automatic" means? just about every gun made is a semi automatic.

this is why it was under his seat. the bait you took was from the fluff. it has no bearing on the case whatsoever. yet, you keep adding it in with your list of Richardson gripes

I don't want to go back and forth on this...but I'm not the court of law -  I'm a fan of the NYJ's and it does have bearing with me.

Him carrying a fully loaded semi-automatic weapon under the seat of his Bentley simply adds to his stupidity as a person.  It is part of the big picture.

Will it affect him in court and league punishment? No, but that's not really the point.

Again, but even still - in a vacuum I have no problem with the gun - Have a gun and use it when you need if you want.  But when you're high and street racing - leave the gun at home.

Bait for what?  What trap was set for me?

Without getting into the politics of this, he has a right under the Constitution to own a gun.  It's your choice to do what you want, just as its his.  Stop telling people what to do, if he was legally allowed to have the gun, its not an issue.  Haven't heard that he was illegally carrying yet

Without getting into the politics of this, he has a right under the Constitution to own a gun.  It's your choice to do what you want, just as its his.  Stop telling people what to do, if he was legally allowed to have the gun, its not an issue.  Haven't heard that he was illegally carrying yet

About Missouri gun laws.. According to this he should have a felony charge??

License of ownership and registration of firearms is not mandatory under Missouri gun law. State permits are also not required for the purchase of handguns or long guns in Missouri. Miscellaneous restrictions, which outline the use of such firearms is fairly generic according to the interpretation of Missouri gun legislation.

It is a misdemeanor to possess an unloaded fire arm under the influence of drugs or alcohol (it is a felony if the weapon is loaded). The only other regulation in regards to possession under Missouri gun law is: unlawful for a felon (5 years from imprisonment), fugitive, or habitual drug user to possess a concealable firearm. Like many states in the mid west and deep south,Missouri law gun is very loose and possess very little regulation.

No one said he's not going to play - he will and if he stays out of trouble will continue to be a dominant player and have a long career (he's still a kid)

It's my opinion, based upon what I've see, he's going to spend time in jail.   Probably not a lot but still...

Raiderhomer was making a case that he was like Josh Gordon 

I have no problem with guns and gun ownership...have fun, enjoy, hunt, protect yourself...go second amendment!!!

But there's such a thing as responsible gun ownership - and any court or league penalty will certainly take into account he was being irresponsible with his gun.  Driving at those speeds, high, evading police, while in the possession of a fully loaded semi-automatic weapon is not responsible. 

The gun most certainly has a place in this discussion.  

Archived