Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

I just got home, this news ruined my ******* night.  WHAT A ******* a$$hole!  Not only are you drag racing your bentley at 143mph but you endanger the life of a 12 yr old child and you have a loaded handgun and you were smoking pot after releasing a public statement that you will fix your mistakes after you are suspended.  **** YOU SHELDON YOU PIECE OF sh*t.  ******* NO TRADE VALUE EITHER, I'm beyond livid I want the Jets to ******* cut him tomorrow.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough with the kid stuff....he's a 3rd year pro, the vast majority of NFL players are "kids"..only a select few are doing moronic criminal things like this.

I agree with this 100%

What if he got into an accident while drag racing and that child (12 yr old) died, would he Richardson still be a kid? Nonsense!!

I am not a hypocrite I don't think this behavior is that of a kid.

that might be stretching it.  He figures to miss some extended time, but players have done worse and kept their careers going.

The dude is already in josh gordon levels of ****tardation.  He just got banged with a 4 game suspension.  The DUI he is probably going to get is going to get him a 10 game suspension next.  Thats not even including the resisting arrest, the loaded handgun under the seat or the endangering of a childs life or the wreckless driving and speeding charges.  This dude ****ed up on some superior levels of stupidity.

**** that if anything you get a deal done with Wilk this week. You have to show that guy and the new rookies that if you stay clean, lead and be a team player you will be rewarded.

And then lose cap room to sign players on offense in the future when we already have depth on the d-line.

The cops and district attorney can take their sweet time with charges. They don't all have to come at once. There can be more charges after all of the evidence is collected. This is basic stuff. And it's not good. Not in the least.

The gun was either legal or it wasn't.  It takes them longer than 2 weeks to find that out?

I'm not pretending to know a lot about the law but logically speaking I don't see how they don't charge with child endangerment 2 weeks later but decide 4 weeks later they should.   That would make people wonder why the kid wasn't important to them originally.

He's a kid, kids do dumb things. Sheldon needs to learn from this.

The gun details are still sketchy, and the report was the car smelled of weed, not the individuals, you're stretching the facts.

He's lucky he didn't kill someone either in or outside the car. ANY 16 year old knows 143 mph street racing, attempting to evade a patrol car, turning off your headlights are dangerous and profoundly stupid things to do.

I won't mention smoking weed in the presence of a 12 yr old which makes me want to bust his knee caps.

I won't bring up the Loaded semi automatic handgun, carried gasta style under the drivers seat.

Sheldon is too immature to play in the NFL. I fear he will have a year away from the game to think about this. I hope he gets help before he kills himself or someone close to him.

The dude is already in josh gordon levels of ****tardation.  He just got banged with a 4 game suspension.  The DUI he is probably going to get is going to get him a 10 game suspension next.  Thats not even including the resisting arrest, the loaded handgun under the seat or the endangering of a childs life or the wreckless driving and speeding charges.  This dude ****ed up on some superior levels of stupidity.

according the the news outlets, Richardson was only charged with resisting arrest.  So the ball is in Goodell's court for the other stuff....the 12 year old in the car is probably the worst thing about it.  If he had avoided that, he might play this year.  Looking like we may not see him in 2015 at all now.

And then lose cap room to sign players on offense in the future when we already have depth on the d-line.

Who are these mythical guys on offense we need to pay over the next 4-5 years? If anything I think Mangold and Brick will go for team friendly contracts if we want to extend them.

The gun was either legal or it wasn't. It takes them longer than 2 weeks to find that out?

I'm not pretending to know a lot about the law but logically speaking I don't see how they don't charge him for child endangerment 2 weeks later but decide 4 weeks later they should. That would make people wonder why the kid wasn't important to them originally.

As I am reading more, it sounds like the DA doesn't think he can prove endangering.

Other charges could be pending a tox screen which could take weeks. If he had marijuana in his system, that could change everything.

according the the news outlets, Richardson was only charged with resisting arrest.  So the ball is in Goodell's court for the other stuff....the 12 year old in the car is probably the worst thing about it.  If he had avoided that, he might play this year.  Looking like we may not see him in 2015 at all now.

I'm sure the NFL already gave him another drug test since July 14th in which he assuredly failed.  Time will tell the full extent of the punishment.  If he failed another drug test he still is in the same ballpark as josh gordon.

And let's be honest here, there are examples of players who haven't been charged with any crime and gotten severe punishment. These charges, regardless if there are more or not, are not good on top of a weed suspension. He's going to get at least another 4 or so.

that might be stretching it.  He figures to miss some extended time, but players have done worse and kept their careers going.

Right. I'm pretty pissed at the moment. I mean fans are laying out good money for tickets and getting psyched to see a great defense, of which Sheldon HAD a chance to be a huge part of. Arguably the best piece. And the dumbass just keeps f%@kin up.

He deserves to miss at least half the season now. Completely in agreement with others who say the Jets should get out front of this and punish him ASAP. It only makes it worse waiting for that fool Goodell to decide what to do. But to say his career is over is a bit much.

Maybe even a whole season off is what the kid needs to grow up? Who knows, maybe he keeps messing up with the time off. But definitely not out of the question for something like this to get someone to change things.

Really hoping for any way to keep him a Jet and have him straighten-up. Dude is one hell of a player on the field. In both ability and hustle. Not worth it though if this BS continues.

Does not excuse Richardson, and hopefully he learns fast from this, but

- He was only charged with resisting arrest and traffic violations

- He wasn't charged with any gun infractions, and apparently Missouri has very relaxed gun laws

Will be interesting to see the team and player reactions the next couple of days, but he kid deserves the chance to right his wrong.

All of this helps Mo and his contract, the real leader of the team. And if Richardson fixes himself, puts jets in a favorable bargaining position if they stick with him and support him through this.

Archived