Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have no idea what you're talking about. The cops and district attorney can take their sweet time with charges. They don't all have to come at once. There can be more charges after all of the evidence is collected. This is basic stuff. And it's not good. Not in the least.

really??? of course I know that the district attorney can file charges down the road. years in fact. usually during an on going investigation or when something changes.however, as you say the cops can take their sweet time filing charges, well, they cannot. all they can do is pass the information to the district attorney. what kind of evidence, in this case, needs to be collected? nobody was injured. nothing was damaged. no changes. while in theory, they could add new charges, I doubt they will in a case like this

And let's be honest here, there are examples of players who haven't been charged with any crime and gotten severe punishment. These charges, regardless if there are more or not, are not good on top of a weed suspension. He's going to get at least another 4 or so.

Another failed drug test or weed charge by itself goes right up to a 10 games suspension on top of his 4 game suspension.  Whether that punishment comes this season or next will be seen.

really??? of course I know that the district attorney can file charges down the road. years in fact. usually during an on going investigation or when something changes.however, as you say the cops can take their sweet time filing charges, well, they cannot. all they can do is pass the information to the district attorney. what kind of evidence, in this case, needs to be collected? nobody was injured. nothing was damaged. no changes. while in theory, they could add new charges, I doubt they will in a case like this

If they smelled weed, they probably took blood for a tox screen to see the levels of Mary Jane in his system. It could change the landscape of charges significantly. Not saying that happened or is the case here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

**** that if anything you get a deal done with Wilk this week.  You have to show that guy and the new rookies that if you stay clean, lead and be a team player you will be rewarded.

no you don't. what is this? the 3rd grade? rewarded.lmao. this is a business. players know how they need to play/act.

I really don't know how I can continue to support Sheldon.  Between his attitude this off season, his constant hammering about money issues down the road and the failed drug tests and now this.

This is his exact words from when he got the 4 game suspension:

"I apologize for letting down my family, teammates, this organization and the fans," Richardson said in a statement released by the team. "However, words aren't enough. This is something that can only be addressed by how I handle myself from this point on. I don't want this to take away from what the team is trying to accomplish. While I won't be there at the start of the regular season, I will do whatever I can to support my teammates until I'm able to return to the field."

How freaking hollow are these words when 12 days after you say them you get busted for a mountain of stupidity. You don't give a sh*t about your family, teammates or the organization and its fans.  You are selfish, wreckless, unstable and most importantly a majorly flawed character.  I know people want to hang onto him because of his superior talent but a line needs to be drawn.  Maybe I change my opinion in a couple days when I'm not as emotional but right now if I was the Jets I would suspend him permanently until the legal matter plays itself out.  He shouldn't be allowed at the TC program or anything because he obviously is not putting his career or team or family before himself.

no you don't. what is this? the 3rd grade? rewarded.lmao. this is a business. players know how they need to play/act.

So when at work your superiors appreciate your hard work and leadership and get a raise that doesn't make you feel good, make others around you feel if they work hard and play nice they get rewarded?  Call it 3rd grade if you want but that's just common work practice for the best companies in the world.  I hope you aren't a business owner or manager, because if you feel rewarding your employees for leadership, hard work and being a team player is childish then please tell me where not to apply.

Honestly, the one good thing about all of this is that it happened this year and not, say, next year after the FO decided to prioritize Sheldon at DL and let Mo Wilkerson walk. Pretty clear now that if they have to choose between the two, they need to put their long term money on Mo, and take the comp picks for Sheldon, rather than the other way around. Sheldon's ceiling is a bit higher, but his floor is WAY, WAY lower.

Honestly, the one good thing about all of this is that it happened this year and not, say, next year after the FO decided to prioritize Sheldon at DL and let Mo Wilkerson walk. Pretty clear now that if they have to choose between the two, they need to put their long term money on Mo, and take the comp picks for Sheldon, rather than the other way around. Sheldon's ceiling is a bit higher, but his floor is WAY, WAY lower.

What are your thoughts on what he was charged with and the prospects the DA will add more charges later on?

Absolutely. Sheldon is more talented than Mo, but Mo has been nothing but a class act, even with his contract situation. That has to count for something.

Pay him.

So when at work your superiors appreciate your hard work and leadership and get a raise that doesn't make you feel good, make others around you feel if they work hard and play nice they get rewarded?  Call it 3rd grade if you want but that's just common work practice for the best companies in the world.  I hope you aren't a business owner or manager, because if you feel rewarding your employees for leadership, hard work and being a team player is childish then please tell me where not to apply.

are you serious about this or just pulling my leg? you've been watching the nfl for how long now? you don't see that it all about the money? come on

What are your thoughts on what he was charged with and the prospects the DA will add more charges later on?

I don't do criminal law, so my thoughts aren't particularly educated on this ... but that child endangerment charge (and NFL.com is reporting he got it) is a killer. I don't know how a jury could fail to convict given he was driving 143 mph down a city street. If the drug test comes back positive - as it likely will, given reports - he's toast. And that's a felony, so at least 1 year in prison, potentially as many as 7. I don't want to overreact, but I'd say it's better than even odds that Sheldon won't play another down for the Jets in the next two seasons.

Only potential way to avoid that is a guilty plea with minimal time served. If Sheldon has any kind of criminal lawyer, that's what he's angling for right now. "Don't ruin a promising kid's career over a traffic infraction, he can do more good doing public service, he's already going to get suspended by the NFL and lose millions ..."

I agree with this 100%

What if he got into an accident while drag racing and that child (12 yr old) died, would he Richardson still be a kid? Nonsense!!

I am not a hypocrite I don't think this behavior is that of a kid.

Assuming he was high and kid wasn't wearing a seatbelt a decent chance this could have happened in an accident.

I don't do criminal law, so my thoughts aren't particularly educated on this ... but that child endangerment charge (and NFL.com is reporting he got it) is a killer. I don't know how a jury could fail to convict given he was driving 143 mph down a city street. If the drug test comes back positive - as it likely will, given reports - he's toast. And that's a felony, so at least 1 year in prison, potentially as many as 7. I don't want to overreact, but I'd say it's better than even odds that Sheldon won't play another down for the Jets in the next two seasons.

It never ceases to amaze me how dumb so many of these guys are. They are gifted with abilities that put them in a position most people can only dream of, and they piss it away.

It's such a shame.

A hot urine test isn't getting him a year in jail, come on now.

Costello, Cimini and the other NY scribes are saying he was NOT charged with child endangerment.  nfl.com is the only one saying he was.

If it turns out he was then I agree that he's screwed.

Anyways, that wasnt my point. Me thinks Richardson has some inner demons like Dez does. These guys come from horrible situations.

Nah, I know what you mean. Didn't he say something like that in re the weed suspension? That he was "in a dark place" or something?

Archived