Sheldon is an idiot; facing charges of resisting arrest, drag racing

Morrissey

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am with you. He should be cut. 

Why?  He'll be on the suspension list and won't count as a player on our roster.  There's literally no value to cutting him.  This isn't a Greg Hardy, Aaron Hernandez situation where dude is a psychopath.

Yeah, he seems to be in a ton of trouble.  Assuming the tests come back positive for marijuana, that's DUI with a child in the car, plus child endangerment with the speed, on top of evading police.  Honestly, if he wasn't a star, I'd say there is almost no way he doesn't see a year of jail time, but it remains to be seen what comes out of.  What an idiot.  

I don't do criminal law, so my thoughts aren't particularly educated on this ... but that child endangerment charge (and NFL.com is reporting he got it) is a killer. I don't know how a jury could fail to convict given he was driving 143 mph down a city street. If the drug test comes back positive - as it likely will, given reports - he's toast. And that's a felony, so at least 1 year in prison, potentially as many as 7. I don't want to overreact, but I'd say it's better than even odds that Sheldon won't play another down for the Jets in the next two seasons.

even if charged with dui and child endangerment, the 2 hours Richardson spent getting booked, is the only time Richardson is going to do behind bars. first timer with plenty of money. if he catches another dirty urine because of this, I don't know how that works with the suspension, either brings him up to 10 or they tack on another 10, but he will be the starting lde before the year is thru, providing he doesn't screw up again

Is it safe to say the league will extend his suspension? If so, I'm imagining it will be an extra 2-4 games. Does that sound about right?

Doubt it.  I can't see the league moving on this before the legal process plays itself out.  I'd say if anything we will be looking at a minimum of 10 games next yr if he failed a drug test during this time period.  

Thank you Sheldon for making the "Pay Mo vs Pay Sheldon" argument easy. Mo gets the money and you can play out the rest of your rookie contract before becoming somebody elses headache... If you last that long in the league.

you are under the assumption that the jets want to sign 1 of the 2. or can only sign 1 of the 2. I'm of the opinion that the jets brass don't want to sign ANY defensive lineman long term. at least up until richardsons latest fiasco. I still don't think wilks or Richardson see a dime of new jets money

you are under the assumption that the jets want to sign 1 of the 2. or can only sign 1 of the 2. I'm of the opinion that the jets brass don't want to sign ANY defensive lineman long term. at least up until richardsons latest fiasco. I still don't think wilks or Richardson see a dime of new jets money

quoting for posterity.  I'd like to return to this post in the future.

Nah, I know what you mean. Didn't he say something like that in re the weed suspension? That he was "in a dark place" or something?

Depressing part of the off-season, or something to that nature. People love to judge these kids, but have absolutely no idea what it's like to grow up in rural Missouri with half your friends or family in and out of jail and the other half begging for money.  Racing cars and smoking weed are probably two of the safer things that they could be doing down there lol.

Depressing part of the off-season, or something to that nature. People love to judge these kids, but have absolutely no idea what it's like to grow up in rural Missouri with half your friends or family in and out of jail and the other half begging for money. Racing cars and smoking weed are probably two of the safer things that they could be doing down there lol.

Yeah. Obvs no excuse for this sh*t, but it could be he needs help more than anything.

Depressing part of the off-season, or something to that nature. People love to judge these kids, but have absolutely no idea what it's like to grow up in rural Missouri with half your friends or family in and out of jail and the other half begging for money. Racing cars and smoking weed are probably two of the safer things that they could be doing down there lol.

East St Louis has to be the worst area in the country.

Depressing part of the off-season, or something to that nature. People love to judge these kids, but have absolutely no idea what it's like to grow up in rural Missouri with half your friends or family in and out of jail and the other half begging for money.  Racing cars and smoking weed are probably two of the safer things that they could be doing down there lol.

" it depends on where you are standing at the time you say something, as to how stupid you sound"

I'm not judging him.  But I'm also not investing major cash and cap in him if I'm the Jets.  Just too much risk, too little reward.

Sheldon deserves whatever punishment he gets.  Allowing your friends to smoke weed in a car you are drag racing in, just 2 weeks after receiving "strike one," with a minor in the car, is stupidity beyond any acceptable level.  Great player on the field but like Icarus he flew too close to the sun thinking he was invincible.  Hope he can get his life straightened out and remain a Jet, but we have to be prepared to not have him at all going forward.

Drafting Leonard Williams was a really lucky thing.  Replace one beast with another.  Coples may play more interior too but he might have to put some pounds back on to do so.

I'm not judging him.  But I'm also not investing major cash and cap in him if I'm the Jets.  Just too much risk, too little reward.

this decision doesn't need to be made till 3-4 years down the road. cant cut him. really cant trade him for anything of substance. the jets will play out his rookie contract. if he keeps his nose clean up until that point, they can consider long term. if not, they see what they can get for him or let him walk for the comp pick. then they have from now till then to find his replacement

Your entire posting career consists of pretending to know things, so I'm not sure why you'd stop now.

I remember when I first started my posting career.  I showed promise right from the start when instead of asking a/s/l I chose s/l/a... 

Blew.peoples.minds

My only question was the last part - how were they not charged with any crimes???  Doing 143, evading arrest, with a gun, weed, and a child in the car???

Get off the guy's back!  He is just getting in some quality family time.  

Thats the worst part, he is nowhere close to overrated.... I'm just beyond disappointed...  Extremely frustrated.  So much talent and no ******* brains.

Agree, it's deeply disappointing when someone pisses it away. Of all the atheletes the saddest are Strawberry and Gooden throwing away HOF careers.

Doubt it.  I can't see the league moving on this before the legal process plays itself out.  I'd say if anything we will be looking at a minimum of 10 games next yr if he failed a drug test during this time period.  

If he is smart, and I am certainly not suggesting he is, he should just roll over and take a suspension for the entire 2015 season and come back next year with a clean slate and, hopefully, his act together.  I am not suggesting this is procedurally feasible, but is would be the prudent move.

If he is smart, and I am certainly not suggesting he is, he should just roll over and take a suspension for the entire 2015 season and come back next year with a clean slate and, hopefully, his act together. I am not suggesting this is procedurally feasible, but is would be the prudent move.

Sounds good but the problem is that if he has any indiscretions after 2015 he's f^*ked

He's done for at least a year, have no idea what kind of money and a broken justice system will give him for time served in jail.  But the "endanger the welfare of a child in the first degree" alone in St. Louis is worth 7 yrs in jail.  (I didn't fact check this but I've seen it posted several times on other forums)

Archived