KRL Camp Notes (7/31/15)

Awesome job!

I particularly like hearing about how the coaches operate. The "mirror" qb drills are brilliant! I hope Geno continues to look solid and carries it into the season.

Great notes and thank you!

thanks. it's interesting to me that you say his throw to devin smith was a highlight of the day when i saw other people call it an ugly pass that devin made a great play on

It was a great play by Devin Smith, he went over Marcus Williams to pull in the ball.  The media likes to

spin things based on their "agenda"

• Upvote 1

Thanks KRL, great you have you here, and great to read/talk football (getting sick of the drama)

Do you see any big differences between practice this year and last?  style of practice we hope talent is better :)

The "mirror" passing drills are different other than that it was similar to other practices.  But it was

only my first day

It was a great play by Devin Smith, he went over Marcus Williams to pull in the ball.  The media likes to

spin things based on their "agenda"

true. i'm excited about the kid. thanks for the information. its awesome to have actual football to read and talk about again

Thanks so much as always...was it overcrowded? Heading there Sunday and was wondering how early to get there

It was crowded today so I would get there early

coples is primed to have a major comeback year, and prove he belongs on the dline.  just want amaro and dsmith to open up the offense.

From your lips to gods ears....they could really benefit from Q stepping up with Sheldon's situation...curious to see if it leads to more reps on the D-line for Q than he would've had otherwise.

Thanks KRL. Love your camp reports. In Buffalo practice all the Bills QBs combined had 17 pass reps. Sounds like our QBs get a lot of passing reps in 7s and 11s.

When Rex finds out he is going to say why are our QBs throwing twice as much as we agreed to?

• Upvote 1

KRL. You are the man 

I will find someone to have your babies sir.

I'm in!

... Must still be waking up as I read this line of your report as -

"Jace Amaro had a nice day stretching". Lol

Prob too early to tell but did either Winters or Qvale do anything that jumped out at you ? (Either good or bad)

As the others have already stated with these reports .... Very much appreciated KRL ... You da man!!!!!!

First of all like many others thanks KRL. Your reports are truly Legendary and have been so for years now.

Good to read about the support for those aching backs lol. I used to hate the old Orange Bowl in Miami for that reason. Evey seat was like that.

Nice read about Chan Gailey and how he used Marshall and Decker. Good insight also on Fitz. The coaches clearly know that Geno provides the best chance to win here. Somehow all the other "agenda" reporters did not mention too much about Williams. I would think the spot light is shining on him a bit more now with Sheldon being sacked for his behavior.

Maybe I expect too much from the "professionals" though.

Anything good about Mauldin?

• Upvote 1

Very even practice, no one ran or did pushups so I'm assuming no one won

the competition period.  The defense was excellent in stopping the run while

the offense was effective throwing the ball 

Was this the case with the Jets new/old expensive secondary on the field? I don't know whether to be encouraged or frightened...

Was this the case with the Jets new/old expensive secondary on the field? I don't know whether to be encouraged or frightened...

Last year Smith was throwing against Dimtri Patterson, Milliner & McDougle in practice.  This year

he's throwing against Revis, Cro & Skrine.  Obviously the coverage and windows are tighter this

year, if he continues to look sharp there's reason to be encouraged

• Upvote 3

Last year Smith was throwing against Dimtri Patterson, Milliner & McDougle in practice. This year

he's throwing against Revis, Cro & Skrine. Obviously the coverage and windows are tighter this

Good point.

Last year Smith was throwing against Dimtri Patterson, Milliner & McDougle in practice. This year

he's throwing against Revis, Cro & Skrine. Obviously the coverage and windows are tighter this

From what I can gather from various reports, it sounds like his decision making/progressions look quick/sharp so far as well? Would you agree? That would be encouraging to me this early after installing a new system.

It can be completely different once the pads are I and the bullets are flying, but progress is progress.

These McDougle reports are like music to my ears! Now that a young guy like Williams is eased back into a backup nickel & dime role this secondary went from WEAK to VERY DEEP!

I think we'll see Bowles mix up some crazy schemes with much FASTER players on the field during those 3rd and longs that we were burned on so much last year.

Bowles likes to blitz so if you have guys that can cover for that extra second, that's what allows you to do stunts & some delayed blitzing by the LBs & Safeties.

Should be fun to watch the combinations he uses depending on the opponent.

Love the fact we're now deep enough to go BIG vs teams using TEs, QUICK with teams using smaller WRs (Skrine & Dougs).