Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

My fist wants to catch up with your face.

If you didn't play the game like you were on Crystal Meth we might have been able to get something going.  Your panic attack garnered sympathy for you just as I was prepared to destroy you.  Pretty sure we would have gotten you lynched had you not had a psychotic break.

Then you give me some half assed ultimatum when you didn't even think I was scum and acted like I was the idiot for not being bullied.  I would have been lynched in warp speed had I given in to your stupid demands.

If Nolder hadn't melted down, Barm would have been lynched even earlier.  Not sure how that helps you other than not giving you an opportunity to intentionally screw up the hammer.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Nolder hadn't melted down, Barm would have been lynched even earlier.  Not sure how that helps you other than not giving you an opportunity to intentionally screw up the hammer.

you skimming buffoon.

People were peeling off Barm and Nolder was about to get lynched... 

My fist wants to catch up with your face.

If you didn't play the game like you were on Crystal Meth we might have been able to get something going.  Your panic attack garnered sympathy for you just as I was prepared to destroy you.  Pretty sure we would have gotten you lynched had you not had a psychotic break.

Then you give me some half assed ultimatum when you didn't even think I was scum and acted like I was the idiot for not being bullied.  I would have been lynched in warp speed had I given in to your stupid demands.

Your team has my sympathy, you in particular do not. All I can say about my meltdown is it was real and I was ready to throw my laptop across the room because of some of the comments made. I do find it funny that emotion, not reason or logic was what saved me and killed Barm the mafia. It just goes to show how powerful AtE is and why it must be identified and the people who use it lynched always. People could see my sincerity this time but honestly...they should have lynched me and then Barm the next day. Too dangerous to let either of us live. 

As for you, I never would have helped lynch you if you'd just voted Seph that one time. You killed yourself as far as I'm concerned.

In other words, Nolder gets Town MVP consideration.

Nah man. It was stupid sh*t and I don't want recognition for it.

I should know better that when mafia starts to get to me to just walk away for awhile but I didn't.

Not something to be proud of.

Your team has my sympathy, you in particular do not. All I can say about my meltdown is it was real and I was ready to throw my laptop across the room because of some of the comments made. I do find it funny that emotion, not reason or logic was what saved me and killed Barm the mafia. It just goes to show how powerful AtE is and why it must be identified and the people who use it lynched always. People could see my sincerity this time but honestly...they should have lynched me and then Barm the next day. Too dangerous to let either of us live. 

As for you, I never would have helped lynch you if you'd just voted Seph that one time. You killed yourself as far as I'm concerned.

You don't seem to understand..  no one but 80 would have let themselves get bullied into voting who you wanted them to.

You don't seem to understand..  no one but 80 would have let themselves get bullied into voting who you wanted them to.

Whatever you want to believe. I'm just telling you you would have basically had vote immunity from me for the rest of the game. If you think you'd have been lynched anyway fine, maybe, but I'm not talking about that.

You know what I think really made this game good? Like the one thing that made it shine?

The fact that people knew there were roles in the game but didn't know their own.

It forces people to play vanilla mafia and use real scumhunting instead of relying on roles and being lazy but because there WERE roles it also kept them interested and invested because a lot of the time people play lazy in vanilla and just lynch to lynch without logic or reason. This game kept everyone interested and playing with the fundamentals of mafia and that's what made it so good imo. Oh and the people. Hope to see Olanna and Seph again next season. It was fun playing with some new people.

Because I didn't think SMC was going to hypnotize players like 80..  thought they'd think for themselves.

and Nolder didn't think I was scum..  he had some kind of a hair up his ass and tried to bully me into voting someone.  had I listened to him I would have been speed lynched.

Really not sure why you think this.

Is there anyone out there who can corroborate? Would you have lynched Pac if he voted Seph when I told him to?

Yep.  The one thing you missed all game was that when you got your watcher type results, you got them with no mod-imposed restrictions on revealing them.

Wait...the people who actually had the roles would be able to reveal the info with no restrictions as long as they randomly got their own results?

Yep.

Except, of course, you figured out that he was Loki because you were roleblocking him and the mafia kill was the only one going through, so you expected that you were blocking Loki's kill.

Which wasn't happening, since Loki didn't have a kill and your RB never touched him anyway.

It was a pretty amazing coincidence, though :winking0001:

AHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS WHAT PAC IS BRAGGING ABOUT? HE COINCIDENTALLY "CAUGHT" WOMBAT?

Protip Pac: that's nothing to beat your chest about.

Personally, I think it was Nolder claiming roled that saved him.

That must have been the part of the game where you tucked tail and disappeared for 48 hours because I was on to you.

Good move..  had you engaged me, I would have emasculated you.

AHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS WHAT PAC IS BRAGGING ABOUT? HE COINCIDENTALLY "CAUGHT" WOMBAT?

Protip Pac: that's nothing to beat your chest about.

Wrong...  I used my action on him every single night, including N1, and his posts are what convinced me he was loki..  go read the case again.

Try again...

As for balance, I think the fact that scum got destroyed as hard as possible but I pulled a win off by the skin of my teeth is a good sign.  Balance is obviously very Loki-dependent.  If I had been lynched early, mafia would have been in serious trouble,  Follow the cop would have been insane with those backups.  Mafia would have needed their RB and GF to stay alive a long time probably.  If Loki dies sometime in the midgame, then it looks very different, depending on which town roles died.  My knee-jerk inclination would be not to have two backups, but I really don't know if that would make balance better or worse.  Overall, the balance was really good considering how roled up the entire game is and how swingy Loki makes it.

Yeah I thought the same thing.

If he were to change it my suggestion would be to remove both backups and replace them with 1 Universal Backup that could be either a backup doc or cop depending on which of the two dies first.

Thanks.  Backup roles were active only as long as Loki was alive - they existed to compensate for the fact that town couldn't avoid mislynching a cop or doc by having those key roles claim, and doc couldn't even self-protect.  Basically, it would take two losses to deprive the town of a cop or doc.  Once Loki was dead, those roles become vanilla town unless they'd already been activated by the death of Cop/Doc Prime

Oh........

Nevermind then. That seems ok.

I told you guys before I died that Wbat had a stinky post and that you should kill him.  I was pretty much on fire that game.

GG though wbat.  Never thought Loki would win. 

you're another one..  the absence of your awful play was another obstacle we had to overcome.  By being silent you basically had the best game you've had all year.

you're another one..  the absence of your awful play was another obstacle we had to overcome.  By being silent you basically had the best game you've had all year.

i think this is one thing we can all agree on, Jif chasing wiener in another country was very much to the detriment of scum 

Yeah ok that's a valid point. The only one you've made in these entire 181 pages but I'll give it to you.

Wombat did take some risk but he benefitted greatly from Barm and Seph's inactivity...which I supposed happens in some way in every game, so it was a game played well on his part.

Barm, btw, sounded like he was neck deep in work.

Seph.......?

IMHO Seph wasn't really into this game. Got lost early and frustrated by people constantly calling him scum so said **** it and lowered his already low participation to bare minimum.

NOOOOO... how could a guy who got himself modkilled when the town needed 1 more day actually have the balls to come in here on his soap box and blame anyone but himself?

And then to call others a coward and lacking in integrity for not taking ALL the blame when he's taken none.. holy crap, it's too insane to be true.

I think he's really lost his mind

holy sh*t I laughed so hard I started crying

thank you ctm smc

Archived