Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

Seems to me that's what he's done all game - go after the easy targets. 

Who else? I'm not going to lie, I barely read the first 10 pages or so, it was enough to just pop into the thread today... even now, I'm playing in between doing responsive page layouts. I just went from drought to flood with woork.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanted to catch up before I changed my vote. 

Unvote

Vote LIzzie

He voted Wombat, who had a pretty decent size train at that point, and then me because he disagreed with my take on Wombat's train. 

So, on one hand you say you want us to catch Loki, lynch being one of the only tools the town knows they have to accomplish that ... on the other hand, you're fear-mongering that if we lynch it's a guarantee that we'll lynch town, so there's no point in doing it, therefore we should forego the one tool we know we have to catch Loki.

... you don't see how/why this makes you sound like an idiot?

point to me where I mention Loki once ...You must have me and someone else mixed up.

That's not to downgrade the importance of finding Loki but a low percentage lynch is not the way to find anything . Tonight we will get a chance to see what our possible roles are or is it better to take the shot in the dark lynch and possibly lynch the cop or the doc or any power role for that matter ? Certainly we have just as good a chance to lynch an important role as we do Loki.

But yeah I'm the Idiot.

Who else? I'm not going to lie, I barely read the first 10 pages or so, it was enough to just pop into the thread today... even now, I'm playing in between doing responsive page layouts. I just went from drought to flood with woork.

for someone who admits they are not paying much attention you certainly seem pretty vocal right now. So tell me how does that help town you moronic Ape

Keep in mind Loki might have some type of subtle post restriction. Since the game wont truly unlock until he's dead

@ CTM... you scummy

@Smash, you were talking about getting Loki here, around the time you made this post. Stating the bold implies that Loki lynch is priority. 

for someone who admits they are not paying much attention you certainly seem pretty vocal right now. So tell me how does that help town you moronic Ape

I said I haven't read the first 10 pages. I didn't say I'm not paying attention. I didn't need to read the first ten pages to feel confident talking about and with people over the pages where I have been engaged. I've isolated bad logic, shared my reads on people and/or statements they've made and am generally vocal right now, because I'm online and able to spare the time. 

In other words, nice attempt to discredit me, but GFY... you want to suggest I'm not helping town, when you're advocating a ******* no lynch. Eat a dick you blockhead.

Vote Count

CTM (1) - Barm

Pac (2) - Nae, JiF,

Nolder (1) - SMC

Seph (1) - Alanna

80 (2) - Wombat, Lizzie

Alanna (1) - CTM

Jetscode (1) - 80

Lizzie (2) - Integrity, Lily

JiF (1) -  Pac

No Lynch (1) - Smash

With 17 players alive, 9 to lynch

No, it's definitely true. 

The entire narrative of casing people for voting someone and cherry picking some votes that are "worse" than others, when you don't know what that someone's alignment is, is based upon a false premise. I don't know how long you've been playing, but I'm only not voting you for it because I like my vote on Lizzie and in my experience DMers do tons of sh*t in mafia that makes no sense.

I was wondering when a poke at dm would come in :) page 17 not too bad. You realize I wasn't analyzing his train, most of the people I feel uncomfortable with are on his train.

besides this is day one. I could pick 1 random person on page 1 and lynch them, and my chances would only be slightly less than Eod, barring some massive scum slip. 

I think day 1 has a lot of important information, but only after we are able to get a flip. and I think this is my 14th game or so.

point to me where I mention Loki once ...You must have me and someone else mixed up.

That's not to downgrade the importance of finding Loki but a low percentage lynch is not the way to find anything . Tonight we will get a chance to see what our possible roles are or is it better to take the shot in the dark lynch and possibly lynch the cop or the doc or any power role for that matter ? Certainly we have just as good a chance to lynch an important role as we do Loki.

But yeah I'm the Idiot.

The bold is wrong. We have a better chance of lynching a role, than we do Loki. It doesn't mean we shouldn't try to lynch Loki. Especially since we don't know for a fact that individuals are assigned roles. We know nothing about how Doggin is going to make that work. For all we know, he will randomize actions nightly, so instead of there being a fixed Doc, the ability to protect will instead be in play. This is a ******* can of worms that I don't want to crack open right now, and it's also a variable I don't want dictating what the town should be afraid of.

Game this size, there's probably 3-4 scum and Loki. That's as many as 5 players that would could lynch which would be beneficial to town.

Seph and I have come up with an ingenious method of trapping Loki!

Dear Loki and only Loki:

With you next post please make one or more of the words the color lavender.

We're confident if you do this we should be able to track you down.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Seph & Pac

That combined with

@Smash, you were talking about getting Loki here, around the time you made this post. Stating the bold implies that Loki lynch is priority. 

makes me suspicious

Vote: Smash

Home!  I can't play on the mobile very well anymore, and niece time trumped mafia time, but I'm here now.

I don't like the no lynch idea, as that's pretty much the only power we have as town.

Hallia is locktown.

Yeah I think we all know its pretty much priority to Lynch or kill Loki. However the odds on killing him day one are pretty slim. We will have a better Idea on how to proceed on day 2 IMO .

Like I said there is a possibility Doggin may have restricted Scum on day 1 as well since the towns hands are tied. I think its a bad play to take a shot at killing scum on day 1.

This is obviously not your typical game. So while I think its a bad play to no lynch in a regular Mafia game or even most mafia games In this particular game I think its a good idea. JMO 

For those of you thinking the No lynch is a bad Idea just go ahead and lynch the top vote getter at this stage since it really does not matter in most of your eyes.

why is no lynch better in this game then any other? Cause it's no reveal?

Two things...

One, we're not all biting.

Two, bad ideas get suggested by townies all the time. I'm null on 80, and as someone who is particularly hard on him when he doesn't try, I'm not in support of lynching him for trying. We can see where his idea goes. Regardless of his alignment, I like it when he applies himself.

Feel like you're going after an easy target here.

unvote, vote lizzie

Seems to me that's what he's done all game - go after the easy targets.

Wanted to catch up before I changed my vote.

Unvote

Vote LIzzie

He voted Wombat, who had a pretty decent size train at that point, and then me because he disagreed with my take on Wombat's train.

Ping! you just fos me, pac, and JC for quick bandwagon votes on Wbt. We see here that your position hasn't changed, you just needed the Ape to give you a little cover. Think I caught some scum this morning.

unvote. Vote Lily

Wtf is this bold little jab about? I'm not selling anything. You dubbed yourself Mr. Pragmatism T. Logicass, you know damn well that without knowing Wombat's alignment, any case made specifically about who voted Wombat and why is based upon the false premise that Wombat is town.

Since when do you take the "you just know it" angle? That sounds more like "feel", and less like a pragmatic approach... but, but, but.. I thought you were always pragmatic.

I do, which is why I didn't yell and scream to stop the lizzie lynch last game even though I said directly in thread that i thought he was frustrated town fake claiming. I just didn't vote him.

Just because you play the odds doesn't mean you don't get gut feelings, and even go with those gut feelings if no logical alternative exists

Ape is also starting to ping. He's checking off the wrong boxes for me...skimming, arguing setup, and inconsistent use of his own logic ie just ranted that serious train casing is bad logic when you don't know anyone's alignment on it and yet, that was lily's only contribution to it and he's not mentioning it.

Yeah I think we all know its pretty much priority to Lynch or kill Loki. However the odds on killing him day one are pretty slim. We will have a better Idea on how to proceed on day 2 IMO .

Like I said there is a possibility Doggin may have restricted Scum on day 1 as well since the towns hands are tied. I think its a bad play to take a shot at killing scum on day 1.

This is obviously not your typical game. So while I think its a bad play to no lynch in a regular Mafia game or even most mafia games In this particular game I think its a good idea. JMO 

If lynching Loki is priority, then how in the world do your dumb brains conclude that "no lynch" is an effective means of achieving that? How is it a "bad play" to take a shot at killing scum ever?

Stop telling me what Doggin "might" have done. Stop telling us it's not a "typical game". We know. None of that makes your idea to No Lynch good. Let's deal with facts: lynching is the primary method of gaining information that we know we have available to us until Loki is found/killed. Town becomes enabled after Loki is dead, you are advocating killing nobody. 

I do, which is why I didn't yell and scream to stop the lizzie lynch last game even though I said directly in thread that i thought he was frustrated town fake claiming. I just didn't vote him.

Just because you play the odds doesn't mean you don't get gut feelings, and even go with those gut feelings if no logical alternative exists

I was dead and not reading at that point, only found out how stupid he was after the game.

Either way, I'm breaking your chops. You know what I said is right, it is false premise, we both also know you can deviate from it. I just like to make you pay for calling yourself "always pragmatic" every time you let your faggoty feelings dictate your decisions instead.

Ape is also starting to ping. He's checking off the wrong boxes for me...skimming, arguing setup, and inconsistent use of his own logic ie just ranted that serious train casing is bad logic when you don't know anyone's alignment on it and yet, that was lily's only contribution to it and he's not mentioning it.

This is a misrepresentation. I'm reading the pages I'm participating in closely. Not skimming. I had to skim the opening pages, because I'm busy, but that's not an indicator that I'm skimming everything. Besides, skimming isn't a scum tell, it is a "I have a life" tell. 

I'm also not arguing setup, I'm actually the one who has consistently said to play with what we know, and NOT flitter off into what "might" be the case if we game the mod. You're actually stating the complete opposite of the positive I've established on this.

There's nothing inconsistent about how I'm applying my logic. I told Seph what he was doing with Wombat was based on a false premise, exchanged some thoughts with CTM about it, then went to bed you goon. When, between midnight and 6am, was I supposed to go through the game and "catch" all the other people? I point out bad logic when I scum hunt. I weigh it against some of the other things people are doing, before I determine if they are vote-worthy.

Nah, your list is a bunch of garbage... I'm pinging you because I voted you, that much is clear.

Ping! you just fos me, pac, and JC for quick bandwagon votes on Wbt. We see here that your position hasn't changed, you just needed the Ape to give you a little cover. Think I caught some scum this morning.

unvote. Vote Lily

This is solid, but how do you come up with this, then follow it by FOS'ing me? If Lily is scum and needed me for cover, that theory suggests I'm town. Then you FOS me... which suggests you think both Lily and I are scum and the plan was for her to piggy-back my vote like that?

Explain.

This is a misrepresentation. I'm reading the pages I'm participating in closely. Not skimming. I had to skim the opening pages, because I'm busy, but that's not an indicator that I'm skimming everything. Besides, skimming isn't a scum tell, it is a "I have a life" tell.

I'm also not arguing setup, I'm actually the one who has consistently said to play with what we know, and NOT flitter off into what "might" be the case if we game the mod. You're actually stating the complete opposite of the positive I've established on this.

There's nothing inconsistent about how I'm applying my logic. I told Seph what he was doing with Wombat was based on a false premise, exchanged some thoughts with CTM about it, then went to bed you goon. When, between midnight and 6am, was I supposed to go through the game and "catch" all the other people? I point out bad logic when I scum hunt. I weigh it against some of the other things people are doing, before I determine if they are vote-worthy.

Nah, your list is a bunch of garbage... I'm pinging you because I voted you, that much is clear.

You're not pinging because you're voting me. You're pinging because you're ignoring what I said about your non-application to Lily of your logic regarding train analysis. My point exactly is that you applied it to another player and you did not apply it to her when she decided to fos me, pac and jc.

You are also pinging because while just stating above that you are not skimming you then try to spin off the fact that you're playing without having read the full game because you needed to sleep.

Vote Count

CTM (1) - Barm

Pac (2) - Nae, JiF,

Nolder (1) - SMC

Seph (1) - Alanna

80 (1) - Wombat

Alanna (1) - CTM

Jetscode (2) - 80, Nolder

Lizzie (2) - Integrity, Lily

JiF (1) -  Pac

No Lynch (1) - Smash

Smash (1) - Hallia

Lily (1) - Lizzie

Not Voting: Jetscode, Seph

With 17 players alive, 9 to lynch

You're not pinging because you're voting me. You're pinging because you're ignoring what I said about your non-application to Lily of your logic regarding train analysis. My point exactly is that you applied it to another player and you did not apply it to her when she decided to fos me, pac and jc.

You are also pinging because while just stating above that you are not skimming you then try to spin off the fact that you're playing without having read the full game because you needed to sleep.

Never said I needed sleep. I'm busy at work. Sleeping from 12-6am is normal.

Lily piggybacked my logic after I got offline, didn't she? I'm not sure how this is even an accusation. I'll check when not driving.

You're an idiot.

Archived