Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong...  I used my action on him every single night, including N1, and his posts are what convinced me he was loki..  go read the case again.

Try again...

Did you ever consider going hard after Wombat and claim he was scum, knowing he was Loki?

The town caught on that Loki-hunting was a scum tell.  If you went hard after Wombat, claiming he was scum and he flipped Loki, you wouldve earned capital and looked more townish.

Did you ever consider going hard after Wombat and claim he was scum, knowing he was Loki?

The town caught on that Loki-hunting was a scum tell.  If you went hard after Wombat, claiming he was scum and he flipped Loki, you wouldve earned capital and looked more townish.

I did..  I was calling him scum initially, then scum or loki, then I had to go exclusively to Loki by the end when it should have been fairly apparent to everyone he wasn't scum.

I thought about saying I had a guilty but didn't want to set up a show down with a cop.  I didn't realize investigation results were getting floated around otherwise it would have been perfect.

By the time Nolder, Liz, and Seph said they had gotten random results it was too late for me to suddenly claim I had as well.

IMHO Seph wasn't really into this game. Got lost early and frustrated by people constantly calling him scum so said **** it and lowered his already low participation to bare minimum.

I have been extremely busy, but for the amount of posts I had I don't think I played terrible. I had a good read on ape, though I wasn't able to continue pushing. Pretty much the same with barm.

But I did help push a case against pac, and helped convince you all to vote Laine over me since she pretty much outed herself to me.

The town caught on that Loki-hunting was a scum tell. If you went hard after Wombat, claiming he was scum and he flipped Loki, you wouldve earned capital and looked more townish.

But why was it a scum tell? Loki was a much bigger threat to town than he was to scum (we were more of a threat to ourselves than wombat ever was) and by not Loki hunting sooner you still managed to lose the game.

But why was it a scum tell? Loki was a much bigger threat to town than he was to scum (we were more of a threat to ourselves than wombat ever was) and by not Loki hunting sooner you still managed to lose the game.

1) Because town needs to lynch both scum and loki, and the order matters very little, plus scum can win with more townies left alive than Loki

2) Either way, it doesn't matter.  Once town started reading it as a scum tell, you guys needed to adjust.

I explained this in game... Trying to focus town on Loki achieves 2 things... 1) Since you as scum were also looking for loki, you could loki hunt in an honest and genuine way. This is always easier to sell then fake scum hunting where you are manufacturing fake cases you don't believe on known townies. 2) It's pointing to the bigger boogeyman in the room / fear mongering. Laine was the most transparent with all the conversion talk

1) Because town needs to lynch both scum and loki, and the order matters very little, plus scum can win with more townies left alive than Loki

2) Either way, it doesn't matter.  Once town started reading it as a scum tell, you guys needed to adjust.

What they needed to adjust to is to stop playing like noobs and start bussing each other, as much as Pac wants to complain about color by numbers mafia, the simple fact is that it worked cause the mafia's play was equally simplistic.

Laine is the only one that bussed, and it was sloppily achieved late train bus... (Which that illiterate derp 80 tried to defend her as an early voter)

Laine is the only one that bussed, and it was sloppily achieved late train bus... (Which that illiterate derp 80 tried to defend her as an early voter)

I bought your case, voted her, and we lynched her that day.  Town MVP (award vacated by the mod-killed SMC).

What they needed to adjust to is to stop playing like noobs and start bussing each other, as much as Pac wants to complain about color by numbers mafia, the simple fact is that it worked cause the mafia's play was equally simplistic.

nonsense. 

I've won many games bussing, not bussing, or a combination of both.  This notion that you need to bus in order to win is absurd.  SMC's infantile tactics just happened to work this game but you can make a case that the reverse (only lynch people who voted scum) would also work in other games. 

It was just a lucky sequence of events that led town to scum.  When you all had to play using your own devices we see what happened - you imploded.

There was no time to adjust..  Town figured it out half way through Ellies lynch.

There was no time to adjust..  Town figured it out half way through Ellies lynch.

You would have thought you'd have learned from Barm's mistake.  Instead you did the whole "Don't look at me look at Loki!" thing the very next day, with Anne following as well.  Pretty sure you had time to adjust.

nonsense. 

I've won many games bussing, not bussing, or a combination of both.  This notion that you need to bus in order to win is absurd.  SMC's infantile tactics just happened to work this game but you can make a case that the reverse (only lynch people who voted scum) would also work in other games. 

It was just a lucky sequence of events that led town to scum.  When you all had to play using your own devices we see what happened - you imploded.

BS, SMC went on and on about Jetscode train like a broken record.. you should've adjusted cause at that point he had 1 out of 3 (with your nk's we'd have had 1 out of 6),,

You would have thought you'd have learned from Barm's mistake.  Instead you did the whole "Don't look at me look at Loki!" thing the very next day, with Anne following as well.  Pretty sure you had time to adjust.

Turns out you clowns should have taken our advice.

BS, SMC went on and on about Jetscode train like a broken record.. you should've adjusted cause at that point he had 1 out of 3 (with your nk's we'd have had 1 out of 6),,

No one was paying attention to SMCs ramblings at that point.  It was too silly to be taken seriously.

Late in the game 80 decided to swear allegiance to SMC and Nolder became lazy and combative.  Those 2 things cost us..  not SMC's charts.

Yes, I tied my horse to the guy who hammered Ape and pegged 2 scum, no matter how childish the method or what caused him to get MK'd.  CTM, SMC and I working together despite Nolder's meltdown and other distractions were what gave us a great chance to win no matter how you'd like to spin it.  Period.

Yes, I tied my horse to the guy who hammered Ape and pegged 2 scum, no matter how childish the method or what caused him to get MK'd.  CTM, SMC and I working together despite Nolder's meltdown and other distractions were what gave us a great chance to win no matter how you'd like to spin it.  Period.

Nice to see you've finally admitted his tactics were extremely elementary and that he made a fool of himself by getting mod killed. 

There's hope for you yet.

Where the **** is that damn dirty Ape?

He's trying to act evolved..  as soon as he was jettisoned from the game he went dark in the scum chat.  Figures this display of non-chalance might get people thinking he meant to get caught and embarrassed on day 1 the way he was.

We certainly did.  You guys went hard after Seph and Wombat (in that order) and it nearly paid off for us to settle those WIFOMs.  Just 1 vote away. 

my only regret is that i didn't unvote.. If not drinking I'd have unvoted for sure... I honestly forgot i had a vote on her

Nice to see you've finally admitted his tactics were extremely elementary and that he made a fool of himself by getting mod killed. 

There's hope for you yet.

Of course they were elementary.  No one claimed it was some profound strategy.  It continued to work because you failed to adjust.  Guess what?  If your dumbass adjusted, I would have adjusted as well.  That's strategy.

Cops catch crooks because they leave fingerprints and didn't wear gloves.  What, cops find a fingerprint and you want them to say, "Oh, ignore those fingerprints and lets call in CSI so we can find DNA on carpet fibers"?

You're missing the big picture in all this.  I was spot-on correct about the JC train, regardless of whether it was simplistic or not.  Barm and Ape voted together.  But at then end of the day, there would still be 2 scum left.

If Pac and Alanna played the other trains differently, we couldn't use wagonomics.  Pac hammers Lily, but doesn't hammer Barm?  Alanna doesn't vote Pac?  Make different choices and they'll be hard to find.

You're missing the big picture in all this.  I was spot-on correct about the JC train, regardless of whether it was simplistic or not.  Barm and Ape voted together.  But at then end of the day, there would still be 2 scum left.

If Pac and Alanna played the other trains differently, we couldn't use wagonomics.  Pac hammers Lily, but doesn't hammer Barm?  Alanna doesn't vote Pac?  Make different choices and they'll be hard to find.

If memory serves, there was a higher % of scum not voting JC then voting him (not including Ape voters)

You were correct in that they were too dumb to bus, but not that they were concentrated on JC

If memory serves, there was a higher % of scum not voting JC then voting him (not including Ape voters)

You were correct in that they were too dumb to bus, but not that they were concentrated on JC

More alcohol caused memory problems.

At the end, there was only 4 voters on JC:   Nae, Barm, Ape and Lily.  So there was an equal number of scum voting JC as there was not voting him.

Plus, I didn't say they were "concentrated" on JC.  I just figured that it would have been unlikely that Ape voted alone on JC.  And with only 1 of 3 to choose from, those 3 were good place to look.

If you can see past the alcohol fog, you might remember that I was less inclined to go after Nae once Barm flipped scum.  In fact, I voted Pac and stood there for the day, even with Lizzie and Nae criticizing me for voting Pac over Nae after I said I thought Nae was scum.  

I never thought it was likely that 3 scum voted JC.  Fortunately for town, Pac and Alanna also avoided Barm for much of the day (until Alanna's late bus) so that created a new train to analyze.

More alcohol caused memory problems.

At the end, there was only 4 voters on JC:   Nae, Barm, Ape and Lily.  So there was an equal number of scum voting JC as there was not voting him.

Ape was dead so he doesn't count.... 1 of 3 on him..   2 of 5 somewhere else

What's lost on Pac (and to a certain extent to CTM) is that wagonomics is a good starting point in the scum hunt.  It's never meant to be the whole analytical tool.  

Scum played so poorly that it made wagonomics into a very effective weapon.

Archived