Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

Oh lily got that in between me arguing with smash and seph last night.

So, was I supposed to what? Vote lily for doing what seph said, even though I didn't vote him or CTM who disagreed with me?

I don't even understand what I was supposed to do to lily there, repeat what I just said to seph?

The accusation is so stupid I'm not even sure there a point to defending.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Smash is just stupid town this game.  That's good to know.  He's too much of a coward to play this loose and illogical as scum.

I keep thinking to myself, how would I play Loki?   You cant outright come out of your meta and try something new, that would cause too much unnecessary attention.  So an active poster would probably stay active whereas a poster who isnt as active would really benefit from the role because we see inactives coast around here all the time.  With that said, its almost like we need to pressure inactives early and often because as we see around here, active players are just naturally going to get themselves into trouble at some point in the game.

I'm just talking out loud and not necessarily trying to make us focusing on hunting for Loki...but more so just thinking about how I'd play the role since it's pretty damn important.

I'm older than you, so I'm allowed to call you young.  Also, it makes Pac look sketchier.

It was the "lady" part, not the young part lol

Pretty sure it's already been agreed that the best course of action is hunting Loki for mafia and town alike. We're all flying blind and cannot win until Loki is dead so it makes the most sense.

How could one Loki hunt? I think focusing on people who don't want to Loki hunt is a good place to start.

So you would rather specifically hunt one person, and effectively let the mafia blend in, rather than scumhunt and potentially net you Loki? Yes, I know that this has been discussed by Ape and Nae I believe, but it's a valid point. We still need to scum hunt and gather information at the same time. I agree that our main goal should be to find Loki, though. Anyways, my point: you got a plan? How would you look for a survivor/third party d1? (I'm assuming this to be similar, though I may be wrong)

Well, in the event we start trusting the "system" and ask that people submit who they target BEFORE the night actions happen, we can test what people said vs. what actually happened.  Not to mention we'll start understanding who has what role.  That's the only way we're going to be able to figure out the game mechanics until Loki's death.

What??? This is inviting mafia to know way too much information, imo. Though I see you changed your tune to D2.. So you're saying everyone should blindly do what they want N1 and announce N2? This still just doesn't sound right to me.

No, they aren't pro town and they certainly aren't smart

scum has as much desire to kill loki as town .. the idea that we shoudl forgo scum hunting to get loki is anti town and makes no sense for several reasons, the least of which Is I'm not even sure how you'd distinguish one from the other at this point

Yep

It's not just about the optimal outcome though.  What I'm saying is we should pursue both at the same time so as to minimize the downside of likely outcomes.  At this point, it's going to be very hard to tell Loki from the regular mafia and we haven't killed any of them yet, so it would behoove us not to put blinders on, especially if it that would involve going after people for legitimate townie differences of opinion.  Ultimately, I think having this argument right now is kind of a waste of time.  It's a false dichotomy on D1 because we're probably not hunting by associative reads or anything anyway and there is bound to be huge overlap between Loki-hunting and mafia-hunting.

^

I get it...you new here...still...only 8 posts...from Seph...not quite what I expected...Hallia...not new here...with 3 posts...nothing personal but I don't like slow leaks..;harder to read later...but you know all this already...cause you play a lot of mafia...so I shouldn't have to tell you this.

If you continue with the "....." I'm going to have to ignore you because it's slowing down my reading. Please don't make my brain suffer.

Town lacks information.  Smash advocates for no lynch, providing town with even less information.  Calls others idiots.

Hahahah...

Lets get a little serious here ok 80 ..explain to me exactly what info you're going to get by running someone up ? They can't reveal anything therefore they can't really protect themselves so what's the point ? If we go by your logic then **** it we might as well lynch Wombat makes no difference actually who the lynch is. Maybe we get lucky and hit scum or maybe we take the chance Doggin also gimped the scum team.

I really don't think it matters that much, as long as we lynch someone we think could be scum or Loki, we should be in the clear. Obviously we shouldn't just run up anyone, that's just stupid af. It's just like any other game, we generally mislynch d1 yes but it doesn't have to be that way; at the same time, we NEED to get rid of Loki. I think it was Hally that said our lynch is our weapon as town: we should use it.

Side thought: Scum needs to get rid of Loki too, what do you think is the likelihood that scum tries to target Loki instead of town PRs? Especially being that scum will have trouble PR hunting without us having information either.

Smash, Wombat... town?

@80 what do you think is the likelihood that we can lynch Loki today?

Seph and I have come up with an ingenious method of trapping Loki!

Dear Loki and only Loki:

With you next post please make one or more of the words the color lavender.

We're confident if you do this we should be able to track you down.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Seph & Pac

JiF neg repped this post..... Loki, is that you?

So Smash is just stupid town this game.  That's good to know.  He's too much of a coward to play this loose and illogical as scum.

I keep thinking to myself, how would I play Loki?   You cant outright come out of your meta and try something new, that would cause too much unnecessary attention.  So an active poster would probably stay active whereas a poster who isnt as active would really benefit from the role because we see inactives coast around here all the time.  With that said, its almost like we need to pressure inactives early and often because as we see around here, active players are just naturally going to get themselves into trouble at some point in the game.

I'm just talking out loud and not necessarily trying to make us focusing on hunting for Loki...but more so just thinking about how I'd play the role since it's pretty damn important.

What do you think of how Smash is playing as a way to clear himself as town? I don't know enough about him, would he do this?

I can see Loki trying to either skate by quietly, or getting town cleared early, dependent upon the player

JiF neg repped this post..... Loki, is that you?

It was appropriately neg reppped for the gross and negligent attempt at humor.  I'm ashamed at the rest of you for not taking that opportunity to display your displeasure in his feeble attempt at the lulz. 

What do you think of how Smash is playing as a way to clear himself as town? I don't know enough about him, would he do this?

I can see Loki trying to either skate by quietly, or getting town cleared early, dependent upon the player

Pretty sure I answered your question in the very first sentence of the exact post you quoted.

What is it with women and making me repeat myself?  I hate repeating myself. 

It was appropriately neg reppped for the gross and negligent attempt at humor.  I'm ashamed at the rest of you for not taking that opportunity to display your displeasure in his feeble attempt at the lulz. 

Pretty sure I answered your question in the very first sentence of the exact post you quoted.

What is it with women and making me repeat myself?  I hate repeating myself. 

Unfortunately "lol women" isn't a good answer for me. I'm seriously asking if you're writing off Smash because he's being derpy.

Close your eyes and picture me.

What you do after, keep to yourself but please do us all a favor and use your imagination.  

Honey do I need to ignore you too? I'll gladly do so and just send those pics to Pac instead.

Unfortunately "lol women" isn't a good answer for me. I'm seriously asking if you're writing off Smash because he's being derpy.

Honey do I need to ignore you too? I'll gladly do so and just send those pics to Pac instead.

And I seriously already stated no way Smash would do that as scum.  He's too much of a coward.

Why do you want to ignore me?  I'm here for you right now when nobody else is.  That's just rude. 

Close your eyes and picture me.

What you do after, keep to yourself but please do us all a favor and use your imagination.  

i'm guessing laugh uncontrollably at your body of a 12 yo

And I seriously already stated no way Smash would do that as scum.  He's too much of a coward.

Why do you want to ignore me?  I'm here for you right now when nobody else is.  That's just rude. 

I guess that's the answer I'll get. Helps me clear Smash better though.

I'm sorry if I offended :roll:

i'm guessing laugh uncontrollably at your body of a 12 yo

:lol:

Oh lily got that in between me arguing with smash and seph last night.

So, was I supposed to what? Vote lily for doing what seph said, even though I didn't vote him or CTM who disagreed with me?

I don't even understand what I was supposed to do to lily there, repeat what I just said to seph?

The accusation is so stupid I'm not even sure there a point to defending.

That’s not what happened. Anyone who doesn’t have Seph & CTM blinders on can see that you are being selective in where you are applying your logic about D1 train analysis.

Also, you are completely off the mark about what part of the game I am referencing with regard to Lily. You’re only reading pages that you have interest in. This exchange happened between Lily and I on p14 around where you were participating– not the opening pages.

I'm caught up now, and I think the Wombat train grew too quickly and was based on nothing, really. I need to go back and see who voted and I'll be back with a vote.

Pac, Lizzie, and JC look the worst to me, especially JC. Looks like a bandwagon vote to me.

Vote JC

So of course I ask her to further explain her logic…

which she does here…

It looks scummy to me. Pac's vote was ridiculous and you dittoed it.

And here…

So you voted him for answering for someone else? That's kinda scummy, too.

Can you take the time to explain to me why my vote is any less or more scummy than your vote, given that you have no read on Wbt's alignment or on anyone on that train - unless you do?

And she explains further here….

Sure. Wombat's train built quickly. That often means that the train is on a townie. I'm liking his posts, and he feels town to me at the moment. So, I looked for the votes that seemed the most scummy. Understand now?

And then I vote her

Unvote vote Lily.

Read the whopping 14 pages before chiming in with a dead serious train analysis

Then….

I did read the pages once. I'm not going to reread to prove a point that isn't even mine. YOU prove it.

Another scummy vote on your part.

Then you state to CTM that D1 train analysis cases are garbage

Wtf is this bold little jab about? I'm not selling anything. You dubbed yourself Mr. Pragmatism T. Logicass, you know damn well that without knowing Wombat's alignment, any case made specifically about who voted Wombat and why is based upon the false premise that Wombat is town.
Since when do you take the "you just know it" angle? That sounds more like "feel", and less like a pragmatic approach... but, but, but.. I thought you were always pragmatic.

Then reply to me a bunch of times after I point out your inconsistency with Seph given that you just completely ignored Lily doing the same on p14.. and just continue to dig in your rebuttal to me.

This is a misrepresentation. I'm reading the pages I'm participating in closely. Not skimming. I had to skim the opening pages, because I'm busy, but that's not an indicator that I'm skimming everything. Besides, skimming isn't a scum tell, it is a "I have a life" tell.

There's nothing inconsistent about how I'm applying my logic. I told Seph what he was doing with Wombat was based on a false premise, exchanged some thoughts with CTM about it, then went to bed you goon. When, between midnight and 6am, was I supposed to go through the game and "catch" all the other people? I point out bad logic when I scum hunt. I weigh it against some of the other things people are doing, before I determine if they are vote-worthy.
Nah, your list is a bunch of garbage... I'm pinging you because I voted you, that much is clear.

Digging fruther in on the wrong premise

Never said I needed sleep. I'm busy at work. Sleeping from 12-6am is normal.

Lily piggybacked my logic after I got offline, didn't she? I'm not sure how this is even an accusation. I'll check when not driving.
You're an idiot.

And then…

This guy is on another planet. This is me not giving ****s

Nice little ATE to wrap it all up.

btw pls stop puking on thread...try consolidating your thoughts into one/two coherent, edited posts

azqEaFK.jpg

That’s not what happened. Anyone who doesn’t have Seph & CTM blinders on can see that you are being selective in where you are applying your logic about D1 train analysis.

Also, you are completely off the mark about what part of the game I am referencing with regard to Lily. You’re only reading pages that you have interest in. This exchange happened between Lily and I on p14 around where you were participating– not the opening pages.

So of course I ask her to further explain her logic…

which she does here…

And here…

And she explains further here….

And then I vote her

Then….

Alright, well, whatever... you lost me.

Lily didn't get my attention at whatever the **** point of the game I was supposed to have her get my attention. Lily is someone I'm accustomed to sounding like scum all the time. I'm feeling out the game. She didn't ping me, it doesn't mean I'm being contradictory, it just means I chose to say something to Seph, who is a newb to use, and comes from DM where false logic is prevalent in their games.

Every time I play at DM I end up more focused on teaching them the basic logic of the game, than on playing it. So, I noticed it and said something about it. I didn't FOS him, I didn't vote him, I just mentioned that it is a false premise.

Ultimately, I think what you're manufacturing this nonsense. Skimming =/= scum. I feel like you're taking whatever you can get here to build a narrative. It's not like I FOS'ed any of these people, I just made a passing observation about logic to a newb. I did the same for you (despite it not sinking in) many times when you first started.

Why don't we just call this the OMGUS that it is?

@80 what do you think is the likelihood that we can lynch Loki today?

1/17?  Still better than Smash's plan of 0/17.  And of course others have mentioned we might hit scum as a consolation prize.  That's a 29 % shot of hitting a bad guy right there.  Better odds than most D1's. 

Then you state to CTM that D1 train analysis cases are garbage

Then reply to me a bunch of times after I point out your inconsistency with Seph given that you just completely ignored Lily doing the same on p14.. and just continue to dig in your rebuttal to me.

Digging fruther in on the wrong premise

And then…

Nice little ATE to wrap it all up.

btw pls stop puking on thread...try consolidating your thoughts into one/two coherent, edited posts

azqEaFK.jpg

^ solid post, rd 1 & 2 to lizzie

Vote Count

CTM (1) - Barm

Pac (2) - Nae, JiF,

Nolder (1) - SMC

Seph (1) - Alanna

80 (2) - Wombat, Pac

Alanna (1) - CTM

Jetscode (2) - 80, Nolder

Lizzie (2) - Integrity, Lily 

No Lynch (1) - Smash

Smash (1) - Hallia

Lily (1) - Lizzie

Not Voting: Jetscode, Seph

With 17 players alive, 9 to lynch

^ solid post, rd 1 & 2 to lizzie

So, you think the way he's basically weaving his narrative around whatever I say is genuine? Or are you mostly just amused by how stupid he is, knowing that this is the type of dumb sh*t that makes me go nuclear, and just angling for the emo?

So you would rather specifically hunt one person, and effectively let the mafia blend in, rather than scumhunt and potentially net you Loki? Yes, I know that this has been discussed by Ape and Nae I believe, but it's a valid point. We still need to scum hunt and gather information at the same time. I agree that our main goal should be to find Loki, though. Anyways, my point: you got a plan? How would you look for a survivor/third party d1? (I'm assuming this to be similar, though I may be wrong)

You make it seem like I'd just let the mafia go or something lol.

And according to some people hunting Loki is no different than hunting mafia since you can't tell them apart (I disagree, they'll be playing differently) so what's it matter if I'm hunting just Loki?

Here's an idea. Let's use some teamwork. YOU hunt the mafia today and I'll hunt Loki.

> Anyways, my point: you got a plan? How would you look for a survivor/third party d1? (I'm assuming this to be similar, though I may be wrong)

Like I keep telling CTM a good place to start is those who protest that hunting Loki is even worth our time. Another thing is to watch anyone just floating through the game not really doing much of anything. Typical 3rd party behavior. This is just a survivor role it can't be that hard to find someone just going with the flow. We just need to watch the wagons imo.

Archived