Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't even keep your story straight. You were dead serious voting me because I voted 80. You then gave a different reason for voting me yesterday evening but thought it was your original reason. You tried turning the group last night towards me, then today said I'm town and said I was laying trap this morning because it suited you. You predictably voted CTM and turned a case on him, then reiterated that this game is screwed because nobody knows how to play, but you.

Moron, I never denied that. You pinged at the time. I voted you. I stayed with you, but as I explained to CTM, I always consider "if town, or if scum" scenarios when I scum hunt. As the situation continued to unfold, I saw one idiot with a bad case, and a lot of vultures nudging it along.

It took me a long time to learn that scum wouldn't be the idiot with the bad case, they'd be the ones nudging. The only time good scum comes forward with a town-leading case, is if it's an easy sell, not some clumsy nonsense like what you came up with.

CTM was the biggest offender, per nudging. LOL that you thought it was predictable that I vote him, but are too stupid to see the whole picture.

Ape this is such BS, we've dsicussed this before. If you are only lightly pinging me then no, I'm not going to pursue you because I know the sh*t storm it's going to create, plus it's not easy to achieve an Ape lynch cause of all the apettes' .

Once you start pinging me hard I bite the bullet., We've been through this

Further, now you are throwing our fishing lines that I'm loki hoping for an idiot like nolder to bite.. As if a good day 1 loki strategy is to get into it with the ape. So dumb

No, it's not a good strategy, which would explain why you tiptoed around it yesterday. If I didn't isolate your nudging and make strong points against you, then you probably don't commit to it. Now you need me dead, because you know eventually I'll influence the smarter part of town.

Moron, I never denied that. You pinged at the time. I voted you. I stayed with you, but as I explained to CTM, I always consider "if town, or if scum" scenarios when I scum hunt. As the situation continued to unfold, I saw one idiot with a bad case, and a lot of vultures nudging it along.

It took me a long time to learn that scum wouldn't be the idiot with the bad case, they'd be the ones nudging. The only time good scum comes forward with a town-leading case, is if it's an easy sell, not some clumsy nonsense like what you came up with.

CTM was the biggest offender, per nudging. LOL that you thought it was predictable that I vote him, but are too stupid to see the whole picture.

Oh and after 10 years of plying, you just had this insight sometime around 7am this morning? That's good.

But it's still wrong, plenty of examples of town leading and casing as scum. Nyn did it very well a few games back in fact

No, it's not a good strategy, which would explain why you tiptoed around it yesterday. If I didn't isolate your nudging and make strong points against you, then you probably don't commit to it. Now you need me dead, because you know eventually I'll influence the smarter part of town.

Well obviously you are flailing and think screaming that I am loki is your best chance to squirm out of this. So scummy.

And I didn't tip toe, I taunted you at first to see how you'd respond and again, put down vote #2 and have now been the most vocal on your train.. That is not bandwagoning or nudging or anything passive like that, that is observing you for a bit, taunting you and then walking up to you an kicking you in the nuts

What logic do you want?

1) You've contradicted yourself on Lizzie and tried to chalk it up to "playing along" as if you two were doing some vulcan mind meld while voting each other

2) You complain about people voting vocal players, yet you yourself are voting a vocal player

3) You are fear mongering and threatening the town and lizzie specifically using your self touted status as an expert, ie. Me the great ape think you are soo ******* dumb for voting me, if you don't want to be dumb, vote someone else..

4) Jif's point about town being timid, the post pinged me but Jif brought up and good take on it that I didn't see originally

What more do you want for a day 1 case?

1) So, changing my mind about Lizzie as things unfold is now a contradiction? Indecisiveness is more a town tell than anything else. I changed my mind, I didn't contradict anything. Liar.

2) I've voting you because I have a case on you. You nudged a bad case on a townie, me. Just because I encourage the town not to just lynch the most talkative people doesn't mean I'm commiting to voting inactives the rest of the game. This accusation might be the most pure form of stupid I've ever seen.

3) His case is dumb. He is dumb. We call each other dumb all the time. Now suddenly that is fear mongering? Total transparent bullsh*t dude.

4) So, it's JIF's fault that you guys are going to lynch a townie now? I see. 

CTM is not town. I promise you that.

Oh and after 10 years of plying, you just had this insight sometime around 7am this morning? That's good.

But it's still wrong, plenty of examples of town leading and casing as scum. Nyn did it very well a few games back in fact

Why are you acting like I don't always say this? I had the epiphany after Dan crushed me in end-game a long time ago. I've beat this drum constantly since then. It's made me a much better scum hunter. Much better. I also didn't say scum never lead, I just said scum is more often caught in nuance. I've proven it over time.

Denying this meta is a monstrous ping.

For all the buzzing around your favorite primate I wanted to see follow through in some form. yes

relegated to quick burst posting.  half my team in a meeting increasing my work load.  i'll be in same meeting later today.

I'm enjoying this roasting immensely but can't participate as much as I'd like..  that said get it to L1 and I will use every fiber of my being in dropping the hammer heard round' the world.

Now your whole idea is that Pac and I teamed up to nudge lizzie into voting you.. which would imply somehow Lizzie is a key vote to get.. Yet.. all game you've vacillated between calling him dumb town and scum, not sure why you'd  know think the entire scum team would wrap it's day 1 strategy around getting lizzie to vote you. It's absurd

Same way Ape thought in his head that JC (Walter White) had deployed Pac and I to attack the Ape last game.  He's an egomaniac who thinks the strategy every game is centered on someone having to take him out.

1) So, changing my mind about Lizzie as things unfold is now a contradiction? Indecisiveness is more a town tell than anything else. I changed my mind, I didn't contradict anything. Liar.

2) I've voting you because I have a case on you. You nudged a bad case on a townie, me. Just because I encourage the town not to just lynch the most talkative people doesn't mean I'm commiting to voting inactives the rest of the game. This accusation might be the most pure form of stupid I've ever seen.

3) His case is dumb. He is dumb. We call each other dumb all the time. Now suddenly that is fear mongering? Total transparent bullsh*t dude.

4) So, it's JIF's fault that you guys are going to lynch a townie now? I see. 

CTM is not town. I promise you that.

1) You didn't change your mind, you lied and said you were simply "playing along with him".  How much ape sh*t you planning on dumping on this tread

2) So when you catch votes, it's not because there's a case or reason other then you being vocal.. But when you vote a vocal player it's only because you have a case. Got it. Egomaniac, ThereHypocrite

3) There's a difference and you know it. You are explicitly calling them dumb for voting you and accusing them of being shepharded into a vote by smarter scum players

4) No, I voted you BEFORE jif's post. Nice try though. Also, I've acknowledged I am the most vocal on your train, if you are town, it's on me

I am town, I can promise you that. But you know that

Same way Ape thought in his head that JC (Walter White) had deployed Pac and I to attack the Ape last game.  He's an egomaniac who thinks the strategy every game is centered on someone having to take him out.

100% and it's his biggest failing as a player.  Imo, he's partially on this I am loki thing because he's scum and in his deluded brain, the only reason I could want Ape dead is if I'm loki and I'm afraid of him. 

Only when I'm town.... but yeah, you all should keep piling on.

Why are you acting like I don't always say this? I had the epiphany after Dan crushed me in end-game a long time ago. I've beat this drum constantly since then. It's made me a much better scum hunter. Much better. I also didn't say scum never lead, I just said scum is more often caught in nuance. I've proven it over time.

Denying this meta is a monstrous ping.

Denying what meta? I'm goofing on you +  disagreeing with you that scum is ONLY in nuance, frequently is a better word. Heck, it's the entire reason I voted Alanna early on day 1, felt like she was nudging wwwombat's well developed train without voting

MY issue with you and Lizzie is the line about "playing along".. You positioned it as if Lizzie was setting a trap with a bad case on you, and you played along to catch scum. TOTAL BS

Only when I'm town.... but yeah, you all should keep piling on.

already answered, there are 3 sides in this game your point is invalid.  If you are scum, you think I'm loki and trying to get rid of the lethal ape before he gets me. If you are loki, then I'm scum trying to get rid of the dangerous ape before he catches me. Either way, same premise

fwiw...the DMers in this game are all laying low.  Most likely trying to get a gauge on how we play this.  Hallia and Barm especially.  Do not like Nolder's play here as well even though he's more one of us now.  Play is reticent.  Unwillingly to mix it up.  No known roles so I'm unsure why he takes this approach.

FWIW - this is gross.  Why are you giving them a cover? 

So if it's not obvious, I just ISO'd Nolder on a hunch, since he posted those lists it didn't sit with me very well, being D1 I don't see how he makes up a list like that and has no scum read, I felt it was very odd.

In my ISO there was definitely a pattern of agenda driven posting, he's not flexible at all with this Loki or bust style and it makes me think he's either scum or Loki itself.

I'm trying to think as to why he wouldn't be on board with broad scloki hunting and have no real answers. If he were Loki though it would make sense to focus on Loki since he could lead that investigation in circles. If he were scum it would make sense to focus on Loki obviously so that scum could use the odds that we don't hit Loki or scum and double their kill rate in game.

The declare your actions thing where he said lets wait til n2, that obviously helps him as well. He gets to coast through a couple rounds without providing anything he can be tied to and then see how the chips lay.

Anyway, unvote my vote is on Pokenolder

Curious to here what you consider flexible and how I don't fit that.

Also I already called my shot alongside 80 so I don't know what you're talking about.

You know what would be a curious experiment? If I just shut up, what would happen? 

In other words, instead of me feeling the need to serve up better logic and points, perhaps I should just shut up... stop trying so hard... and stop feeding CTM easy opportunities to take my serve and volley it back as incriminating spin. He isn't casing me, he's just tearing down what I say. Like I said, it doesn't seem like he cares if I'm town or scum. It's allowing him to maintain control of the overall tenor.

"Ape is defending, so he must be guilty."At that point, his responses don't even need to make sense, as long as they contain enough superlatives that suggest whatever I'm rambling about is guilty.

Case in point, he keeps saying I'm flailing, personally I think I'm defending as I normally would, considering all possibilities as I normally would, showing the same level of insight, and explaining my logic as I normally would as town. He's saying I'm OMGUS, lmfao, when have I ever used OMGUS as the basis for any of my scum play? Never. I'm too good as scum to need that sh*t. If I were scum, I would have gotten you guys to lynch Seph for that false premise sh*t I pointed out earlier in the game.

Denying what meta? I'm goofing on you +  disagreeing with you that scum is ONLY in nuance, frequently is a better word. Heck, it's the entire reason I voted Alanna early on day 1, felt like she was nudging wwwombat's well developed train without voting

MY issue with you and Lizzie is the line about "playing along".. You positioned it as if Lizzie was setting a trap with a bad case on you, and you played along to catch scum. TOTAL BS

That's your interpretation, I guess. What I did, and I've explained this, was realize that if Lizzie is town, then scum may be nudging his sh*t case. I stopped worrying so much about defending Lizzie as though he was scum, and started dragging it out to see who would join his pursuit. That's what I meant by "playing along", allowing it to continue to see how others leveraged our altercation. My read on the game evolves as things change... sometimes phase to phase, sometimes post to post. Depends. Re-framing my interpretation of events isn't a scum tell. 

I do stuff like that all the time. I make myself a mark, to draw out scum. I play into people coming at me, to draw out scum. I bullrush people and see who gets behind the ape, to draw out scum. 

You are literally voting me because you "caught me" doing what I do scum hunting. You're either an idiot or non-town. Consider it a compliment to your intelligence that I think you are non-town.

Vote Count

Pac (1) - Jetscode

Nolder (1) - SMC

Seph (1) - Alanna

Jetscode (2) - Nae, Barm

Lizzie (1) -  Lily

No Lynch (1) - Smash

Smash (1) - Hallia

Hallia (2) - Pac, Wombat

Integrity (5) - Seph, 80, CTM, Lizzie, JiF

CTM (2) - Integrity, Nolder

With 17 players alive, 9 to lynch

Deadline is Noon Eastern on Thursday

The game would move on without you, don't worry.

Yeah, probably for a page or two... then people would be like "game stalled without ape", as usual.

Anyway, I made the comment because it dovetails with what I was saying earlier about being vocal. I saw this a lot on DM, 20 person game. 5 talk, 10 peck at the game, 5 ask to be replaced. The games inevitably go the way of lynching assertive players (probably a more appropriate term than "vocal") because they are the only ones providing content that can be picked apart. This game, to me, felt like it was trending that way when I made those initial remarks about lynching vocal people. 

It has picked up now, at least maybe 6 of us are posting aggressively. Ultimately, I think when 10+ people are coasting like this, it favors scum.

Lmao, so predictable. A dm'er comes to ape's defense

Ape this is such BS, we've dsicussed this before. If you are only lightly pinging me then no, I'm not going to pursue you because I know the sh*t storm it's going to create, plus it's not easy to achieve an Ape lynch cause of all the apettes' .

Once you start pinging me hard I bite the bullet., We've been through this

Further, now you are throwing our fishing lines that I'm loki hoping for an idiot like nolder to bite.. As if a good day 1 loki strategy is to get into it with the ape. So dumb

Unvote Vote CTM

This move smacks of scum opportunism.

Could vote Pac or Jif as well, although of the bunch I think Jif is at least trying to make sense.

Unvote Vote CTM

This move smacks of scum opportunism.

Could vote Pac or Jif as well, although of the bunch I think Jif is at least trying to make sense.

I've never, ever, seen you this all over the place.  Not sure what to think of it yet but its something to notice for sure.

Its not an argument its an observation

An observation that is meant to bolster your argument.  Shut up.

People saying that Smash can't be scum based on how poorly he is playing is bs.  He's a competent player, and I will stay here unless I see something better come along.

Why does Smash playing poorly make him scummy though?  Seems to me like you're camping on an easy vote.

I've never, ever, seen you this all over the place.  Not sure what to think of it yet but its something to notice for sure.

Oh, excuse me Ape, I hadn't realized you caught Loki and all the scum before D1 has even ended yet. My bad.

Similarly, I havent seen CTM this aggressive in a long time.

He's been overly pragmatic in the past few games (as town).  This game, he's digging his heels pretty deep on the Ape.

I'm intrigued. 

I was aggressive 2 games ago on day 2 or 3 in the SMC game.

Ape's just pinging pretty hard and there really is no way to get ape lynched without matching his post volume, as i said before I started

Ape's just pinging pretty hard and there really is no way to get ape lynched without matching his post volume, as i said before I started

Looks to me like you're just badgering him to get him riled up so he'll go emo and drown this entire thread in bullsh*t.

Here's an idea, do something useful. Make a list.

I don't care if it's townies, scum, suspects, null reads. Whatever.

Give us an idea of where you stand with the game at large not just Ape.

Not this aggressive. 

p. 26

Lizzie looking better, 80 looking meh, Ape looking null.  Agree with Ape that it seems active players are taking more heat.  It's definitely a self-serving argument for him to make, but it's not fearmongering or alignment indicative imo.

Archived