Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As scum should know.  How can a scum team operate if they don't know what powers they have?

The only ones who don't know what power they have is town.

Don't think that's true.  Doggin posted a template PM in the signup thread, to show us what town, Mafia and Loki would see.  Let me find that.

Yerp

BTW, here are the town and scum PMs:

Town

You are ___, a townie. You win when all mafia and Loki are dead.

Each night, you may – but are not required to – submit a single name to me as a night action. You will not be told what that action does – or even if you have a night action available at all – until Loki is dead, but if you do have a night action and you use it (for example, if you are a cop), it will be effective whether Loki is dead or alive. Until Loki is dead, please PM me EACH NIGHT to either let me know who you are targeting OR that you are choosing not to use your night action.

Scum

You are ___, and on a scum team with ____ (Player name), ____ (Player name), and ____ (Player name). Your QT is here ______. You win when you outnumber the town AND Loki is dead.

Each night, you may – but are not required to – submit a single name to me as a night action. You will not be told what that action does – or even if you have a night action available – until Loki is dead, but if you do have a night action, it will be effective whether Loki is dead or alive. Until Loki is dead, please post your night actions to the QT EACH NIGHT as follows: ***Official Night Action: Target [Player Name]***” or ***Official Night Action: No Action***”

In addition, you have a team NK. Please post that to the QT as ***Official Night Kill: Player Name]***

Don't think that's true.  Doggin posted a template PM in the signup thread, to show us what town, Mafia and Loki would see.  Let me find that.

It's in the opening post in the game and its a template for a townie PM.  He didn't post it for scum and Loki.  I don't recall seeing anything in signup thread.

Okay I'm drifting off to sleep so I'm gone for now. Gonna sleep for 3 hours and then I have to go back to work. I just spent valuable sleeping time reading this thread. <_<

hey, iso barm later and give feedback, surprised you have him as null

All scum knew is they had a team NK, per Doggin's information.  The powers of each scum member were unknown.

to your point though, if Ape was the main villian, they knew he was rolled in some way

Lizzie, and 80, are you saying that the scumteam didn't know that Ape was godfather, but knew he was important because he was the Frost Giant King?

The first part of your statement is definitely true based on how Doggin set the game up; they didn't know Ape's role.  However, they LIKELY speculated based on his character that he was the most powerful of the scum.  Ape's play on D1 screamed him being like "Don't worry guys, I've got this, follow me to victory."

The first part of your statement is definitely true based on how Doggin set the game up; they didn't know Ape's role.  However, they LIKELY speculated based on his character that he was the most powerful of the scum.  Ape's play on D1 screamed him being like "Don't worry guys, I've got this, follow me to victory."

i don't understand this sidebar.. whther they were told ape was godfather or they just speculated is immaterial.. What we really need to figure out is if Ape had his teammates vote JC or try and derail his train, like he did 2 games ago OR did it finally learn something and advocate an early bus as being good for the team.

FYI, I'm not going to respond to posts that imply the player doesn't know what scum would know as though they were legitimate questions.  The mod will not be validating your town bona fides or scum-faking-town-bona-fides-play through implication.  Everyone in this thread already knows what the opening town and scum posts were.  Draw your own conclusions from those posts.

I'm just trying to find Lizzie's point here.  He goes out of the way to quote my post and highlight this statement:

"That was the most powerful scum player on your team so OF COURSE you tried everything to deflect from him."

So, Nae, Lily and Nolder (in my gut feeling, the remaining scum team), know of Ape's importance --at least-- since he was the King of the Frost Giants.  Based on 80 and Lizzie's quote of Doggin, they might not have known his exact power.  OK, good enough.  But they knew he was important enough to defend.

i don't understand this sidebar.. whther they were told ape was godfather or they just speculated is immaterial.. What we really need to figure out is if Ape had his teammates vote JC or try and derail his train, like he did 2 games ago OR did it finally learn something and advocate an early bus as being good for the team.

This.

I'm asking Lizzie what the significance is of the sidebar since he brought it up.

LK is trying to "trap" SMC, I think.  Overconfidence after his D1 success. 

FYI, I'm not going to respond to posts that imply the player doesn't know what scum would know as though they were legitimate questions.  The mod will not be validating your town bona fides or scum-faking-town-bona-fides-play through implication.  Everyone in this thread already knows what the opening town and scum posts were.  Draw your own conclusions from those posts.

Sorry Doggin, I just only saw the town PM in the opening post of the game, not the scum one you posted in the signup thread.

Just going through posts since ~pg 23, mostly looking at the Ape train and posting thoughts. PART 1:

Seph early bus vote after this post feels OMGUSy

Also not a fan of his response to my asking him why he worded his question "are you scum" instead of "are you town" - this is a minor thing, but I really haven't had enough content or stances yet for him to be reading me anything. Or is that the problem that you're having with me? :blink:

I like CTM and Pac for pushing the Ape train

@Hally: why is Smash scummy? *answered later, because he wants no lynch. I don't get it though, Hally: why would scum want to push for no lynch?

Like both of these votes right now. That may change later. Probably like CTM's vote more than 80s though.

^CTM looks good here, imo

I think all Pac can talk about is the Apettes; can you get some new material? I'm not a fan that you're talking sh*t around Ape but not committing to calling him mafia or voting him; at least CTM put his vote where is mouth is

I was gonna say Lizzie's jump onto CTM was a distraction from the lynch but then he had this post above

There's something wrong with this JC post.

You might have to explain that for me CTM? I was town reading Wombat earlier, if I recall correctly.

Nolder ?? for me. He was already pinging a little for some reason earlier, something about the Loki hunting posts he made was bothering me, but this vote.. meh.

This put Ape (5) and CTM (3)

So far that puts me (and probably not in order):

Town pile: CTM, Liz, JiF

Mixed: Hally 80 Pac

Scummy: Seph JC

What specifically is wrong with my post?

Ok but you see my point? It's the fact that him reminding you looks like a out. I'm still in my re read, and may have to finish tomorrow as its 1 30 already

Maybe. But to be fair to the situation he didn't say "Hey Nolder don't you policy lynch self voters...?"

All he did was make a comment about how Ape self voted and I was like heeeeyyy yeah that's bullsh*t now I remember why I lynch anyone who does it. He didn't mean to remind me. I don't even think he was talking to me at the time.

fwiw in case i just killed myself, normal ape scum meta is to over value himself far too much and not allow his scummates to bus him if there is a reasonable alternative. Yesterday he had me and then JC to fill that role. So, under this assumption, you'd look for people distracting, arguing against or voting against the ape train.

That being said, 2 games ago ape employed this tactic and it blew up in his face. He brought his entire team down with him. So the question is, did it learn? DId it realize the error of it's ways and correct? if so, his teammates were on his train.

imo, i think he may have learned a bit, but his ego wouldn't allow him to sacrifice early. If there's scum mates on his train, they are late on train. Or, he learned nothing and they are on JC's train. I'd look at late ape votes and non ape voters first and foremost, or floppers, like jif and pac

Reminding myself to read this post again later when I have the time to pick through it.

So i guess Lizzie pretty much nailed ape right away eh? Even set a trap for him that he walked right into

Lizzie owns ape will be true till next season, lol

Someone needs to open next season with this, the game that decides the fate of the mafia forum.

7a1e984b82c8522214af64321c00b31a.jpg

I'm just trying to find Lizzie's point here.  He goes out of the way to quote my post and highlight this statement:

"That was the most powerful scum player on your team so OF COURSE you tried everything to deflect from him."

So, Nae, Lily and Nolder (in my gut feeling, the remaining scum team), know of Ape's importance --at least-- since he was the King of the Frost Giants.  Based on 80 and Lizzie's quote of Doggin, they might not have known his exact power.  OK, good enough.  But they knew he was important enough to defend.

Seeing what Ape did to you only a couple games ago with a guilty from an uncountered cop and then also claiming SK and then mafia...in your mind do I bus this person while they're the GF of my team? Seriously?

Let me tell you the answer. I'd fight that sh*t to the bitter end. Make up your own mind though I guess.

Also tbh I think CTM recently last five pages you had said you thought they knew he was GF also and was protecting, but I can't find the quote and think you may have edited.

i didn't say that, i said that based on the source material, and ape's character they could guess he was the most powerful scum

I'm curious. It says less about the actions of his teammates and more so about the angle you're using on trying to position your reads as scum. I think.

OK, but what does that have to do with Nae and Lily, the scummiest actors late in the Ape lynch?

Seeing what Ape did to you only a couple games ago with a guilty from an uncountered cop and then also claiming SK and then mafia...in your mind do I bus this person while they're the GF of my team? Seriously?

Let me tell you the answer. I'd fight that sh*t to the bitter end. Make up your own mind though I guess.

This is my thinking:  It can work like a bus move if it doesn't end up in a lynch, meaning, Ape can talk his way out of it, even at L-1 (not knowing there'd be a ninja hammer) and then clear both of you.  Not saying it's likely, but it's a strong possibility.

That said, there are players more scummier than you at the moment.

OK, but what does that have to do with Nae and Lily, the scummiest actors late in the Ape lynch?

You tell me, it was a slight piece of your argument as to why they went so desporado trying to save the Ape .... it's not a huge piece of the puzzle in my mind, but it breaks the logic on your views about them a touch.

Archived