Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

I tend to agree on some of that write up. The Pac refusing to do anything but hammer especially when he declared himself busy irl is not a good look. If you're busy then either place a vote or just hope you can catch up in time - but it doesn't make sense to say you'll hammer in a game that you can't keep up with

Also that was a very good observation on SMC logic on not hunting Loki... Regarding the odds of success on both sides with roles in play. So far for town, we haven't lost a role. Scum lost a big one. Also, to assume that scum even has a role blocker...? I can't remember but it doesn't seem like enough games I play in have that role in setup. However, if they did have the role, and our cop ( IF we have one) finds scum, our cop can declare with Loki alive and be assured that scum

Isn't aware of their rb... But even if scum didn't know which one was the rb, you can bet that all night actions get targets towards our cop... Which means that all town targets towards cop also in hope that we can doc the cop...except then that the outed cop may get shot in the process

So if wekill Loki, the doc is self aware ( terminator reference) then the town doesn't have to worry that a vig will shoot the cop while the doc can protect the cop... But the role blocker will be aware as well

The argument to let Loki live though, is that there is a 1/12 chance that vig hits cop if vig is unaware ... So if we let Loki live we keep moving forward nightly with 1/12 odds that unaware vig won't shoot cop, while the role blocker is rendered useless. Also, as night progresses, any vig actions have to also become more self aware as their results come in.

What I don't like about letting Loki live is that so far we do not have cop results. Also, To keep Loki alive encourages the cop to claim, in my opinion. If cop claims, The odds are strong 96% but someone check Me- that cop is protected.

If we keep Loki alive and the cop claims, all role direction at night moving forward probably focus

Towards the cop. Am I right? How do we feel about that.

You're trying really hard this game.

It's scaring me.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlos Correa is absurd btw.

Yep.  I think we're about to see a renaissance of MLB Shortstops coming soon, with Correa at the top of the list.  8 teams selected shortstops in the 1st round of this year's draft, including picks 1, 2, 3 and 10.  That was the most non-pitcher selections of any one position taken in the 1st in the history of the draft.  Not even outfield has ever been taken as heavily.

The 2 college shortstops taken 1-2 (Dansby Swanson and Alex Bregman) are legit and will probably get to the majors fairly quickly.

was nae pretty much MIA all day?

All barm did is show up, offer a mild defense and bolt.. No votes from him, no scum hunting.. Jif should target him

Agree. I tried to pressure him into activity more than once but he wouldn't do it. I think it's time to die.

4001861-5799279955-Thor..jpg

THOR, TOWN VIGILANTE, HAS BEEN LYNCHED.

It Is Now Night.

If You Want Day To Open Before Saturday Night, get those Night Actions in ASAP.  Otherwise, NA Deadline is 9PM EST on Saturday

Oh....

Well it happens. Sorry Lily. Stop talking about how easy of a lynch you are, it's only making people want to lynch you more.

RIP

^^^ Anyone want to discuss this?  Yep, I was wrong on JiF.  Primarily because Lily decided not to give us any intel on who she shot at before getting run up.

Unless a kill was blocked she killed Hallia or Smash...probably Smash.

It can definitely look that way for SMC.  Don't lynch the # 1 Loki suspect, because then it causes us to have to focus on the actual Loki, SMC.  Definitely possible.

Not only that, but to advocate to not kill Loki is absurd...it's a pointless goose chase...we don't know who Loki is....also I ran my little probability tree that Nolder quoted and it really doesn't matter either way...also he made the statement that not killing Loki was the way to go without any sort of logic behind it...and the assumption that Loki was JiF was a big jump in logic, even worse now with Lily dead

I should say, the only logic behind not killing Loki was that the RB wouldn't be aware, and that scum win condition is loki= dead, but still like I said, it's a pointless exercise to go down in hte first place and was supported by no real thought process... i think smc is scum

If Lily did target Smash perhaps she thought, as Thor in a game based on a THOR movie.. that she was the cop?  It's what I'd have assumed had I rolled him.  But if that's the case I don't understand her complete lack of trying to stay alive when votes were racking up.  I'm only semi-knowledgeable about the Marvel universe and characters but everyone should know Thor would be rolled and something that could be useful.

If she did target someone and so did mafia.. and we are all assuming Loki has some sort of kill as well... then someone's kill was blocked either by a doc or a role blocker or some sort.

SMC doesn't do much of anything game day one but lurk for an hour or more just to play hammer time... admitting he didn't really gaf which way Ape flipped and night one and day two came after me for quite a while til he saw no one else really following suit.  His "if Jif is really Loki let him live so scum can target him" is really stupid... not so sure a ping per say as much as just stupid.  He is either mafia suggesting that to lull town into thinking mafia would actually listen to someone else tell them who to kill, playing dumb town and actually thinking that's the move mafia would follow, or needs to lay off drugs.  mmkay?

If Lily did target Smash perhaps she thought, as Thor in a game based on a THOR movie.. that she was the cop?  It's what I'd have assumed had I rolled him.  But if that's the case I don't understand her complete lack of trying to stay alive when votes were racking up.  I'm only semi-knowledgeable about the Marvel universe and characters but everyone should know Thor would be rolled and something that could be useful.

If she did target someone and so did mafia.. and we are all assuming Loki has some sort of kill as well... then someone's kill was blocked either by a doc or a role blocker or some sort.

SMC doesn't do much of anything game day one but lurk for an hour or more just to play hammer time... admitting he didn't really gaf which way Ape flipped and night one and day two came after me for quite a while til he saw no one else really following suit.  His "if Jif is really Loki let him live so scum can target him" is really stupid... not so sure a ping per say as much as just stupid.  He is either mafia suggesting that to lull town into thinking mafia would actually listen to someone else tell them who to kill, playing dumb town and actually thinking that's the move mafia would follow, or needs to lay off drugs.  mmkay?

not typical SMC play to be careless but regardless my argument is framed on logic anyway

I haven't been focusing on Nae and don't understand the case on her.

If someone lays it out I'll consider it but otherwise, no.

There were 4 people left voting JC in the JC v Ape train, two of them are dead (Lily and Ape), leaving Nae and Barm.

Do you seriously believe no other scum got on the JC train to derail Ape's train?  Nae also questioned voting for Ape and pushed a case to vote JC.  That's why she's scummy.

There were 4 people left voting JC in the JC v Ape train, two of them are dead (Lily and Ape), leaving Nae and Barm.

Do you seriously believe no other scum got on the JC train to derail Ape's train? Nae also questioned voting for Ape and pushed a case to vote JC. That's why she's scummy.

maybe the ape actually learned something 2 games ago?

Not only that, but to advocate to not kill Loki is absurd...it's a pointless goose chase...we don't know who Loki is....also I ran my little probability tree that Nolder quoted and it really doesn't matter either way...also he made the statement that not killing Loki was the way to go without any sort of logic behind it...and the assumption that Loki was JiF was a big jump in logic, even worse now with Lily dead

How hard is it to understand?

Scum HAVE TO KILL LOKI.   The scum taking a shot tonight at Loki (i.e., JiF), means that they are not shooting the Cop or the Doc.  That means NO TOWNIE DIES TONIGHT by scum.  JiF could be shooting townie as SK, but he could also be shooting scum.

Scum are down to 3 players.  They can't take the chance of JiF killing one of them and then getting lynched (i,e., Nae or Barm) tomorrow and then be down to 1 player.

I should say, the only logic behind not killing Loki was that the RB wouldn't be aware, and that scum win condition is loki= dead, but still like I said, it's a pointless exercise to go down in hte first place and was supported by no real thought process... i think smc is scum

:face:

So I ninja hammered the Frost Giant King?

Get a clue.

How hard is it to understand?

Scum HAVE TO KILL LOKI.   The scum taking a shot tonight at Loki (i.e., JiF), means that they are not shooting the Cop or the Doc.  That means NO TOWNIE DIES TONIGHT by scum.  JiF could be shooting townie as SK, but he could also be shooting scum.

Scum are down to 3 players.  They can't take the chance of JiF killing one of them and then getting lynched (i,e., Nae or Barm) tomorrow and then be down to 1 player.

What!?!? Says who?? JiF called a shot that he may not have even taken. You decided that we should try not to kill Loki based on a claim that JiF made, and with Lily dead and not having claimed her shot, it reminded me that your idea truly pinged because you made a massive logical jump assuming JiF is Loki at all.

What!?!? Says who?? JiF called a shot that he may not have even taken. You decided that we should try not to kill Loki based on a claim that JiF made, and with Lily dead and not having claimed her shot, it reminded me that your idea truly pinged because you made a massive logical jump assuming JiF is Loki at all.

You mean the fact that no one claimed to have killed Hallia except JiF?

You mean the fact that the game would be impalanced if there was a Loki and a SK?

I would have loved to have known who Lily targeted, if she targeted anyone at all but she had all day phase to counter JiF.  JiF clearly claimed vig and shot Halia.  

JiF is claiming a killing role and you really think scum would let that live?

Just like killing Ape is the best play for town, killing JiF is the best play for scum.  They are two sides of the same coin.  Like Yin and Yang.  Or bottom and top.

That's my whole point.

I don't understand why it's controversial to Lizzie.

Just like killing Ape is the best play for town, killing JiF is the best play for scum.  They are two sides of the same coin.  Like Yin and Yang.  Or bottom and top.

I assume that in this instance you do not mean b/c Ape is scum mvp even when town, therefore dead Ape = town's best play

Archived