Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

Nolder, you suck at this game and you're fake cop claim got me killed the other game. So you voting for me has no bearing on my existence

Which game are you talking about? I don't remember fake claiming recently.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which game are you talking about? I don't remember fake claiming recently.

The only game I played this season. I was the cop and you soft claimed cop so you could try to get soneone lynched.

Unless I'm off he's not at L-1 so the claim was pretty unnecessary, I don't like claims anyway regardless, vanillas should never claim, don't like the capslock as it feels like an AtE (shouting), don't like the redirect to someone I think is town and someone I'm leaning town on. Reason enough?

I guess, but he's been pushing a lot of those angles for a while and just because something is bad doesn't mean it's scum.  I'm conflicted on SMC.

These are all equal. It doesn't matter what I flip because everything ends up equal.

No idea what you mean by that. Even putting up some sort of penalty (signatures and userpics were popular on DM for awhile) for being wrong or scum or whatever really heavily influences how people regard you. You're putting up $20 saying "if I'm lying I'll lose money" and people see that as someone who is not lying because obviously you don't want to give up money over a silly argument for some internet game. Don't you see how that breaks the game?

The only game I played this season. I was the cop and you soft claimed cop so you could try to get soneone lynched.

Dude I wasn't lying when I said I wasn't softclaiming. I really was just that sure on JC which you should know because you were the actual cop and I wasn't scum. Once Pac started pointing it out and calling it softclaiming I rolled with it figuring I could maybe draw the night kill to me and away from the actual cop but obviously that's not how it played out. I didn't do that to get you lynched or even JC lynched I was just that sure. Sorry.

No idea what you mean by that. Even putting up some sort of penalty (signatures and userpics were popular on DM for awhile) for being wrong or scum or whatever really heavily influences how people regard you. You're putting up $20 saying "if I'm lying I'll lose money" and people see that as someone who is not lying because obviously you don't want to give up money over a silly argument for some internet game. Don't you see how that breaks the game?

I wasn't looking at it like that because I saw it as an equal result in the charity getting a donation regardless of my alignment.

I wasn't looking at it like that because I saw it as an equal result in the charity getting a donation regardless of my alignment.

And it was a noble gesture that he, as well as i, would probably be thinking we are gonna donate the 20 no matter what the flip is just because it's a good thing to do. :P  And 20 means ALOT to me and I'm not a youngster... I just have a sh*tty job.

It's kinda sketchy imo, but Nae opened the door with the shirt thing.

I think they all need to just drop it. Nae, SMC, and LK and anyone else thinking about joining that conversation.

It is going to effect the game. Honestly it already has. I'm way more inclined to let SMC go now because I don't think anyone would put up money if they were lying. Even if he is, well there you go now scum can just buy their way out of lynches. How high is enough to buy belief next time? $50? $100? Would you have believed Ape was town if he said I'll pay $500 if I flip non town? This needs to stop now.

What would a trickster do?

My guess is some kind of framer role. Matches his character well. In the films at least, Loki has the ability to impersonate other people or disappear and show up somewhere else.

Pretty sure the name Loki even means "trickster" in Norse or something.

My guess is some kind of framer role. Matches his character well. In the films at least, Loki has the ability to impersonate other people or disappear and show up somewhere else.

That would actually make sense.  You have a good point here.

I was talking about this game to a coworker (don't worry they know nothing of this game/website) and he said it sounded like alot of fun..  and he said he'd make it so Loki didn't even know who he was... along the trickster line and Loki being able to impersonate.  That would be kind of a bastard mod situation though imo

VOTE COUNT

Barm (2) - Nolder, Jetscode

SMC (3) - Alanna, Lizzie, Nae

Wombat (1) - Pac

Seph (1) - Barm

Nae (1) - SMC

Alanna (1) - CTM

Lizzie (1) - JiF

7 to lynch

No deadline yet; will set a deadline after the weekend is over

I think you may have confused me with JC earlier because my vote didn't get counted.

vote seph

That would actually make sense. You have a good point here.

I was talking about this game to a coworker (don't worry they know nothing of this game/website) and he said it sounded like alot of fun.. and he said he'd make it so Loki didn't even know who he was... along the trickster line and Loki being able to impersonate. That would be kind of a bastard mod situation though imo

Loki could also be the ONLY one who knows his/her own power. Would make sense given that we only get our roles when Loki dies.

Can you elaborate a bit on Seph please?

I've never seen him this quiet before, for starters. He also tends to ask me if I'm town at the start of game, as opposed to asking if I'm scum (this is a huge red flag). He'll buddy me until he figures out my alignment, but he'll do this as scum too. In the British Monarchy game on DM I was killed N1 by him, after I lynched him as scum in the game before that (Mass Effect 2). So basically he's wary of me if he's scum, but he'll buddy me either way; as town it will be done to figure out my alignment. Being that I'm seeing none of that behavior here, and instead came out suspecting me while knowing I was in three games and busy during the week with work makes me suspicious

If Doggin agrees it was over the line I'll accept a modkill and apologize in advance to SMC if it comes to that.  I'm the one who started it with the joke sending him a tshirt.

For the record, I dont think either suggestion was over the line.

Screw Nolder.

I don't know if Loki actually means anything in Old Norse, but he's basically the prototypical trickster god but with a more sinister aspect.  He shapeshifts and causes lots of trouble and then eventually tricks a blind dude into killing Baldr and is prophesied to fight for the side of evil in Ragnarok.

I don't know if Loki actually means anything in Old Norse, but he's basically the prototypical trickster god but with a more sinister aspect. He shapeshifts and causes lots of trouble and then eventually tricks a blind dude into killing Baldr and is prophesied to fight for the side of evil in Ragnarok.

Nice. Yep. Loki is not an SK. I have little doubt I'm right on this one on some level.

I've never seen him this quiet before, for starters. He also tends to ask me if I'm town at the start of game, as opposed to asking if I'm scum (this is a huge red flag). He'll buddy me until he figures out my alignment, but he'll do this as scum too. In the British Monarchy game on DM I was killed N1 by him, after I lynched him as scum in the game before that (Mass Effect 2). So basically he's wary of me if he's scum, but he'll buddy me either way; as town it will be done to figure out my alignment. Being that I'm seeing none of that behavior here, and instead came out suspecting me while knowing I was in three games and busy during the week with work makes me suspicious

Yeah, I agree he's been way too quiet.  I don't think him picking "scum" instead of "town" is significant.  Idk about the buddying stuff at all obviously.

I think they all need to just drop it. Nae, SMC, and LK and anyone else thinking about joining that conversation.

It is going to effect the game. Honestly it already has. I'm way more inclined to let SMC go now because I don't think anyone would put up money if they were lying. Even if he is, well there you go now scum can just buy their way out of lynches. How high is enough to buy belief next time? $50? $100? Would you have believed Ape was town if he said I'll pay $500 if I flip non town? This needs to stop now.

Nothing to weigh in on here since I'm not going to hint at anyone's alignment.  But from a general philosophy standpoint, yeah, dollar value bets should stay out of the game as either a town or scum play

Archived