Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It remains unlikely to me that Ape would have voted alone on JC and I have been focusing on Nae because of her dismissiveness over the claim against Ape and her initial deflection as a defense.  But, the probability remains the same for the other person on the JC train unaccounted for (Barm, while Nolder flipped from Barm to Ape late).  No one wants to join me on voting Nae, so to test my theory, the proper scum candidate is Barm, as a matter of deduction.

Unvote: Nae

Vote: Barm

Wait. I'm confused. So Nae wasn't getting any traction (understandably), so that makes Barm scum? I understand your reasoning that there had to be someone on the JC train that's scum with Ape, and I'm willing to go with voting either Nolder or Barm. BUT, how does it follow to reason that it's Barm because Nae isn't getting votes? Wouldn't that lend itself to the opposite?

This is why I'm voting you SMC you make no sense.

Seph, if Nolder and I were scum together and I wanted to give him an out, I'd just tell him about it on the QT and then back it up later.  On the other hand, as town trying to figure things out and point out relevant information, I post it on thread.  I think you're town right now.  If so, please get your head out of your rear.

Wait. I'm confused. So Nae wasn't getting any traction (understandably), so that makes Barm scum? I understand your reasoning that there had to be someone on the JC train that's scum with Ape, and I'm willing to go with voting either Nolder or Barm. BUT, how does it follow to reason that it's Barm because Nae isn't getting votes? Wouldn't that lend itself to the opposite?

Made perfect sense to me.

First, I couldn't care less why you're voting me.

Second, Barm and Nae were on the JC train.  Nolder falls under the bus category, with other bussing candidates.  Thus, for the JC train, the two choices are Nae and Barm.

But wouldn't scum push Nae if she were town to protect scum Barm? I didn't see that happening, so that's where I'm lost in the logic.

If Nae was town, scum wouldn't push Nae because of the process of elimination paints them into a corner.  If we voted Nae and she turned up town, Barm would be speed lynched the next day.

Rather, scum would push another train so the process of elimination gets punted to another day.  The town should push such a vote, however, for the very reason it corners scum.

That said, there is a possibility that Ape was the only scum vote on JC (even if JC is scum), but I think it's unlikely.

First, I couldn't care less why you're voting me.

Second, Barm and Nae were on the JC train.  Nolder falls under the bus category, with other bussing candidates.  Thus, for the JC train, the two choices are Nae and Barm.

You act like I don't understand this. I do understand this. So technically if I'm town reading Nae, then that makes Barm scum by POE unless they're both mafia or both town, with the latter being more unlikely.

My problem is you stating that through deduction that it's Barm because Nae isn't getting any votes.

A.  Nae is scum, Barm is town - scum team pushing for Barm lynch first

B. Nae is town, Barm is scum - scum team pushing for Nae lynch first

So saying that, by Nae not getting more votes means that Barm is the scum makes no sense to me. I'm just trying to understand you here, SMC

If Nae was town, scum wouldn't push Nae because of the process of elimination paints them into a corner.  If we voted Nae and she turned up town, Barm would be speed lynched the next day.

Rather, scum would push another train so the process of elimination gets punted to another day.  The town should push such a vote, however, for the very reason it corners scum.

That said, there is a possibility that Ape was the only scum vote on JC (even if JC is scum), but I think it's unlikely.

This makes more sense to me. So who do you think is doing just that and pushing a lynch elsewhere?

Nolder (1) - SMC

Jetscode (5) - Nae, Barm, Integrity, Nolder, Lily

No Lynch (1) - Smash

Hallia (2) - Pac, JiF

Integrity (7) - Seph, 80, CTM, Lizzie, Wombat, Jetscode, Hallia

With 17 players alive, 9 to lynch

Deadline is Noon Eastern on Thursday

My highwater mark.

This makes more sense to me. So who do you think is doing just that and pushing a lynch elsewhere?

This is problematic for me because of the natural "fight or flight response."

Normally, I would say that the person pushing a lynch elsewhere would be pushing a "distraction" lynch.  A lynch that consumes the town to not hunt scum, but get distracted like other things, The lynch that distracts from a logical course of action.

In this case, it would be a lynch against me.  So that would've been Lizzie or even you, pursing a lynch against me.  But I can't say that for sure, because I'm biased as being the one subject to the attack.

I try to attack mafia, without the benefit of an investigation, as a numbers game where the town has to make the smallest possible universe for POE,  That's why I've gone with Nae/Barm, rather attacking the possible buss train because there are more players involved.

So now there's:

JC voters: Nae/Bam

The non train voters: Pac/JiF/Alanna

Ape voters:  everyone else.

I try to attack mafia, without the benefit of an investigation, as a numbers game where the town has to make the smallest possible universe for POE,  That's why I've gone with Nae/Barm, rather attacking the possible buss train because there are more players involved.

So now there's:

JC voters: Nae/Bam

The non train voters: Pac/JiF/Alanna

Ape voters:  everyone else.

I've seen this mentioned a half dozen times from multiple people and it's disingenuous.  While I was technically a "non-train voter" everyone knows I was waiting to hammer the Ape.

YOU took that from me with the ninja hammer and declared yourself town as a result of it.  I'm starting to remember why you're in my top 4.

I've seen this mentioned a half dozen times from multiple people and it's disingenuous.  While I was technically a "non-train voter" everyone knows I was waiting to hammer the Ape.

YOU took that from me with the ninja hammer and declared yourself town as a result of it.  I'm starting to remember why you're in my top 4.

LOL, disingenuous?

"Waiting to hammer" is not a thing.  Either you vote or you didn't.  I'm looking at evidence.  Intention is irrelevant.  Not saying that makes you scum or not, but the fact is you didn't vote.

Lastly, I didn't ninja hammer to declare myself town.

I ninja hammered to get revenge on that Damn Dirty Ape!!!

LOL, disingenuous?

"Waiting to hammer" is not a thing.  Either you vote or you didn't.  I'm looking at evidence.  Intention is irrelevant.  Not saying that makes you scum or not, but the fact is you didn't vote.

Lastly, I didn't ninja hammer to declare myself town.

I ninja hammered to get revenge on that Damn Dirty Ape!!!

"waiting to hammer" isn't a thing unless you're the one doing it, huh?  neat trick.

I didn't say you ninja hammered to declare yourself town, I said you ninja hammered then declared yourself town.  Along with a tidy little cutesy post wrapping up any questions that might come your way.

something about hiding in an Ape stand motionless for 17 hours waiting to hammer him at a moments notice.

Just did a re-read of the weekend's posts.  Glad Seph finally gave us the catchup posts he'd been promising for like 2 weeks.  My thoughts:

So you think Barm is scum, yet you are following his case on me. But on this page, you have me at the bottom of your scum pile. I could understand thinking I am loki. (I am not) but voting me because of your other scum read, and then calling me scum, after agreeing with Barm I am loki is off putting.
You think I'm going to bus my godfather d1 and as the first vote?? Come on nolder...

WIFOM.

You have played with me as scum and town. I would never bus a teammate that early on, and you know it.

Another WIFOM.

I wanted to post this so I don't forget. Ape's train is starting to get serious, and this looks like it could be derailment. This is on page 28

So JC derailed the Ape train....resulting in JC becoming the competing train?  Don't see that happening. 

I laughed at the bold in Alanna's response to Seph's cases:

This makes no sense???

This.

Nolder dodging the question?

I feel so judged.

Wait. It's a point against me that I'm on someone else's town list? Lol. Thanks Seph... you're really killing my game. I thought I'd actually had good content at the beginning... apparently not :rolleyes:

I mostly agree with your town list, I think you could easily trade Wombat with Pac though. Nae should also be up there, imo. SMC, JC, Nolder has scum in them. 

Could not make sense of your last post.

Ridiculous connections being made by Seph, agreed.  He thinks Barm is scum yet decides to lend credence to Barm's town list?  So he can FOS Alanna as a result?  Again, this is terrible, lazy play by Seph.

I like my vote.

not really a fan of what's going on, we lynch barm and if he's town nae will be up next .. if she's town that will be 3 days (lilly, nae, barm) of lynches based on 1 theory ..

I have to imagine a cop has peeked one if them by now but I dont advocate coming forward

I'll still vote barm but this just feels like a rope a dope in action

not really a fan of what's going on, we lynch barm and if he's town nae will be up next .. if she's town that will be 3 days (lilly, nae, barm) of lynches based on 1 theory ..

I have to imagine a cop has peeked one if them by now but I dont advocate coming forward

I'll still vote barm but this just feels like a rope a dope in action

The town is otherwise flying blind, plus, you discount the fact that another night will provide the town with more information and decrease the pool.

Archived