Ragnarok Mafia: Game Over, Loki Wins

Doggin94it

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember last game when I said you were real smart and good at this game?  I'm re-evaluating that.

Remember last game when you revenge shot a townie based on a personal grudge? Yeah I remember that.

It felt to me like you and Smash were manipulating CTM's words. I say leave it up the player, we should all be smart enough to figure it out.

Remember last game when you revenge shot a townie based on a personal grudge? Yeah I remember that.

It felt to me like you and Smash were manipulating CTM's words. I say leave it up the player, we should all be smart enough to figure it out.

oh great..  last game you latched on to the Apes train of fail and this game you're sucking up to see tee em..  if you would have PM'd me those pics I would have taken you under my wing.  now you're on your own.

Smush..  first off calm down.

Secondly no one with half a brain is going to see CTM's stupid question and let that dictate how they're going to use the NA  they may or might not have.  If anything he's saying you may NOT want to target yourself as if you're vig you'd die.  I don't see how that's a pro scum agenda.

Basically you're trying to kill a mosquito with a sledgehammer.  breath.  oooosahhh....

PAC how many times while playing this game did you come up with a strategy or idea then later on say man that was stupid what was I thinking ? We've all done it.  Its easy to plant suggestions to players. Now think about how many players don't pay much attention early in the game. you think CTM does not think like this then so be it. I think some players are very easily manipulated. Maybe Im giving CTM too much credit and yes there is ALWAYS the possibility I could be completely wrong about him as well. Either way it strikes up conversation and that's what makes this game work

oh great..  last game you latched on to the Apes train of fail and this game you're sucking up to see tee em..  if you would have PM'd me those pics I would have taken you under my wing.  now you're on your own.

I'm sorry, but I don't follow Ape,  last game was my first game with him, what are you getting at exactly?

The pics got lost in the mail. Oops.

Ape train of Fail

I like it

Given the last "Logic Puzzle" type game I can remember Doggin running here (Police Academy, where we were all cops), it's going to be very important that we take down a list of who everyone targets.  Question is whether that is best to take down from everyone before or after the fact.  Probably after.

Did he finally get in an accident from doing that?

Wait... it wasn't Smash that doesn't talk much... he's the one that gets into it with someone every game.  I'm thinking of Sharrow.

Ever wonder why Sharrow hasn't been seen nor heard from in years?  Yeah.  F*ckin Hess.

But isn't it the opposite.  If anything, I see CTM's question as giving people the reason NOT to self-target, which would be a bad play for a townie, statistically speaking.  First, we'd have to assume that there was a VG, but that would only be an 8.3% chance of being one.  There would be other powers that wouldn't have to worry about that and, thus, the odds are better in self-using because the chances of someone killing himself or herself is low.  If the person does have a power, the result that you get from Modoggin would likely give you a strong hit as to what the role is and then, it can be used appropriately the next days.

In other words, not self-using only helps scum get a cleaner shot at town because even the doc (if there is one) would not self protect, which is standard to do on D1.

Yes SMC CTM's question early on does give people the idea to NOT self target then later in the thread he nails me for having fun with PAC about it. Claiming its not all that bad. If anything he's contradicting himself

Given the last "Logic Puzzle" type game I can remember Doggin running here (Police Academy, where we were all cops), it's going to be very important that we take down a list of who everyone targets.  Question is whether that is best to take down from everyone before or after the fact.  Probably after.

I played that one on DM <_<

Yes SMC CTM's question early on does give people the idea to NOT self target then later in the thread he nails me for having fun with PAC about it. Claiming its not all that bad. If anything he's contradicting himself

no, numbnuts.. i was explaining why someone might have self targeted prior to me clarifying that they could kill themselves

I'm having fun trying to remember how you idiots play.... 

Just note, a couple of games ago townies lynched a revealed, uncountered cop who had a guilty result on another player whom he said was scum and was voting for the whole day phase.

Yeah, just sayin'.

Just note, a couple of games ago townies lynched a revealed, uncountered cop who had a guilty result on another player whom he said was scum and was voting for the whole day phase.

Yeah, just sayin'.

Priceless

no, numbnuts.. i was explaining why someone might have self targeted prior to me clarifying that they could kill themselves

But, at most, there's an 8% chance that the person could kill themselves.  It's up to the person, as mentioned, but it makes far more sense self-using the night action as a townie than giving a free shot for scum.

But, at most, there's an 8% chance that the person could kill themselves.  It's up to the person, as mentioned, but it makes far more sense self-using the night action as a townie than giving a free shot for scum.

Bingo.  I will be self-actioning tonight.  WHOSE WITH ME

Asking SMC in Spanish if he was Loki of Asgard qualifies as talking about hunting Loki?

Did I just continue my incredible day 1 streak of identifying scum?

Yes, it does qualify.  I don't take every post in the game at face value, but I do take them as meaningful, especially on D1.  And if you want to keep your streak going, you should look elsewhere.  I'm town.

Seeing that you won't answer my earlier question about whether CTM's rationale has warranted his death, I'll ask you; how did you come up with the 8% figure?

Seeing that you won't answer my earlier question about whether CTM's rationale has warranted his death, I'll ask you; how did you come up with the 8% figure?

17 players.  12 are town.  He's assuming there's only 1 vig at most.  1/12 = 8 %.

And yes, I totally just answered for SMC just to piss you off.  :)

I saw Alanna quote this. I feel like you want us chasing our tails, not loki.

unvote, vote smash

will be back on later, trying to wrap up a couple things in between meetings and having my pants set on fire

It kinda feels too out there to be scummy to me.

But isn't it the opposite.  If anything, I see CTM's question as giving people the reason NOT to self-target, which would be a bad play for a townie, statistically speaking.  First, we'd have to assume that there was a VG, but that would only be an 8.3% chance of being one.  There would be other powers that wouldn't have to worry about that and, thus, the odds are better in self-using because the chances of someone killing himself or herself is low.  If the person does have a power, the result that you get from Modoggin would likely give you a strong hit as to what the role is and then, it can be used appropriately the next days.

In other words, not self-using only helps scum get a cleaner shot at town because even the doc (if there is one) would not self protect, which is standard to do on D1.

So, do you agree or disagree with Smash here?

This will sure be a fun game with Wombat humping at my leg all game.  You did do well defending so I'll move along.  Doubt you'll do the same, however.

Unvote

Show me you're town and I'll move.  Right now, you're scum.

I am curious to see which of these posts is the reason why JiF drew Wombat's vote, however.  Is it the old "kill off whoever is going on vacation" rule or is it the false "Anyone who even joke-suggests we should be Loki hunting is clear scum" logic?

I mainly just wanted to hear more from JiF.

Seems like a good decision for a young lady to make to me.

Archived