Rex Ryan breaks down and cries when HBO asks about time with Jets - Watch this

Flushing Roots

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although we couldn't win a SB, Rex has been one of the greatest things to ever happen to this franchise. For once in my life, I was honestly proud of being a Jets fan, especially in 2009 and 2010.

The entire league hated us and we didn't give a ****.

The hate for Rex is ridiculous. Yes, it was time to move on. No, he never grew enough as a coach to be a good hc as opposed to a dc. But he wasn't a scumbag, put in 100% effort, and cared about winning.

Glad he's not our coach anymore, but i wish him the best

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

^Reek

This is funny.  I can't like him, call him for his bullsh*t, commend him as a defensive mind but disagree that I think he was a good HC in his first 6 yrs.  This labels me a Rex hater around here I see?  Everything is black and white for some posters.

The hate for Rex is ridiculous. Yes, it was time to move on. No, he never grew enough as a coach to be a good hc as opposed to a dc. But he wasn't a scumbag, put in 100% effort, and cared about winning.

Glad he's not our coach anymore, but i wish him the best

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Pretty much exactly!  Exept I don't wish him the best.  He stayed in the AFCE and I'm sure there is some underlying hubris for trying to get back at your old employer.  

I do still believe Rex isn't a bafoon like many think.  I think all the crap that comes out of his mouth is pretty planned and deliberate and a lot of it backfires on him.

This is funny.  I can't like him, call him for his bullsh*t, commend him as a defensive mind but disagree that I think he was a good HC in his first 6 yrs.  This labels me a Rex hater around here I see?  Everything is black and white for some posters.

Plus it means he has no dick.

I've seen Dick Vermeil cry, for reasons that make sense. 

Rex continues to prove everything I said about him being an insecure oaf right. He's knows exactly what to do in front of a camera to engender the "poor Rex" mindset.

The word "oaf" captures this guy perfectly-big, dumb, bumbling, a step behind everyone else.

Why is Andrea Kremer so obsessed with Rex? STFU and get a life lady lol

Because  Tom Coughlin, Bruce Arians and Mike Pettine are not nearly as accessible as the Ryan oaf is. In fact no other NFL coach is gonna do this. Ryan is the attention-starved  "John 3:16" in a rainbow wig douchebag of coaches.

Oh he will be..  look at the ridiculous hate threads.  It's the same 7 people frantically posting about all that was wrong with Rex.  The overwhelming majority know he was a good coach that did a great job with the team he was given.

Bowels was just handed a team light years better than anything Rex had.  Lets hope he matches his early success.

He is not a good head coach. Good guy, truly loved the team and wanted to do his best. Tried hard except for the second half of his final season. But being a good guy and someone I would like to hang out with does not make a good head coach and he was horrible in almost every way.

alot o fpeople here hate rex ryan and i really don't know why. is the guy a flawed head coach?? sure, and thats mostly due to his ineptitude concerning the offensive side of the game. when the guy was here he was the biggest jets fan in the stadium. sure he said some things that came back to bit him and made him look a little silly. the guy wanted to win and tried his hardest to make it happen. hiring idzik and keeping rex was a disaster. idzik's mission was to clear salary cap and work towards the future while ryans mission was the complete opposite as he needed to win now. it wa simpossible for him to do that because idzik gave him almost nothing to work with. still, even with all the adversity the players were behind ryan. his other biggest problem is too buddy buddy with the players. he's like the parent who wants to be their kids best friend. you have to be the parent first. i wish ryan luck in the future just not enough luck to be better than the jets

Well said.  Rex had some good moments as Coach, none better than defeating the Pats in Foxboro to knock them out of the playoffs.    It was obviously time for change and landing Bowles as a replacement hopefully means we get the best of Rex on defense but someone who is truly HC of the entire team. 

He is not a good head coach. Good guy, truly loved the team and wanted to do his best. Tried hard except for the second half of his final season. But being a good guy and someone I would like to hang out with does not make a good head coach and he was horrible in almost every way.

Cool, so we should be in the super bowl no problem.  Unless you think we had a better roster in 09' and 10' then we do now.

Archived