Shots fired, Tom Brady "Peyton Manning needs things to be perfect to succeed"

Matt39

Manning didnt come back on the field after 4 neck surguries and have the best season of his career without hgh among other things. Get serious fellas.

What?

It's cheating to a different degree, it's not an advantage, that just getting a player back on the field quickly. Again, cheating, but not then ame

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manning didnt come back on the field after 4 neck surguries and have the best season of his career without hgh among other things. Get serious fellas.

Were things perfect when Manning came back from 21-3 at halftime to bear Brady and the pats in the AFCG?

Tbh I expected better from Brady.

Were things perfect when Manning came back from 21-3 at halftime to bear Brady and the pats in the AFCG?

Tbh I expected better from Brady.

Ha ha

How long ago was that? How many meetings have they had since? Comebacks? We are gonna forget the denver game in N.E. where Brady came back and Manning did nothing?

Brady didnt even say anything bad in those private emails..lol

Brady is a hypocrite he gets people to deflate footballs for him and Belichick used cameras to record the defenses signals. Atleast Peyton Manning doesn't cheat.

I'm glad Brady is getting criticized for what he was involved in. All of Bradys superbowl titles should have an asterisk next to them because of all the cheating that went on behind the scenes. Go Jets!

Totes. Because obiding by medical treatment plan for nerve damage - which Hgh isn't even standard treatment - is the same thing as willfully cheating

Thank you!!

It is insane, folks will lump anything together to support any outrageous point!!

Does anyone think that a player suffering from say cancer couldn't take a steroid?  The league is not banning things for medical necessity but to stop unfair competitive advantages. 

And finally it was NEVER REPORTED that Manning took HGH because someone posts it on a forum out here or speculates in a newspaper article doesn't make it so!

Good Grief!

This is an extraordinarily ignorant comment. 

it's also true.  Brady has done more w/ less than anyone,. Manning has done less w/ more than anyone.  Both HOF locks obviously but Brady is in the discussion for best of all time, Manning is not.

Brady has always had much better defenses.

Those early SB's were driven by great defenses.  Even this more recent one - that D was very tough to score on.

Did you know that in postseason Manning's Ds have given up less PPG than Brady's D's?  NE became a dynasty b/c of the QB, the D's were highly overrated.  in 2001 the Pats D had a great run(until they became first D in SB history to blow 14 pt 4th qtr lead) but they don't even make the playoffs w/o Brady that year and out of the 6 SBs the Pats D blew late leads in 4 of them.  NE won the 2 where Brady had enough time to overcome, they lost the 2 to N YG when he didn't have enough time.

Brady and Montana are in their own category as far as I'm concerned. I think I even think that way despite the cheating. Without it actually I think Brady might get the edge. But with it I think it's prob about a tie. Brady lost 2 SBs and had an undefeated regular season. And Brady won some years w less than stellar WRs. Montana always had good weapons.

This doesn't take away from Montana's greatness btw. Montana is still the standard of excellence but Brady has joined him.

So you think Terry Bradshaw was a better QB than Roger Staubach?

it's not simply about more SB titles.  Are you saying Brady had the '00s version of the 70s Steelers? he took over a sinking franchise and immediately turned it into a dynasty.  Manning has had more of a  modern equivalent to Pitt than Brady has.

Brady and Montana are in their own category as far as I'm concerned. I think I even think that way despite the cheating. Without it actually I think Brady might get the edge. But with it I think it's prob about a tie. Brady lost 2 SBs and had an undefeated regular season. And Brady won some years w less than stellar WRs. Montana always had good weapons.

This doesn't take away from Montana's greatness btw. Montana is still the standard of excellence but Brady has joined him.

I have Montana and Brady as 1-2, I moved Brady ahead of Montana based on brining his O back from 10 down in the 4th qtr against a great Seattle D in the SB.

Montana won 2 SBs pre Jerry Rice, the talent he had on O in '81 wasn't exactly elite.  Brady for the majority of his career has had average talent around him.

I have no issue w/ anyone saying Brady or Joe is the best of all time but I do feel Brady has moved ahead. 

Montana played before the Cap was the law so you could keep your top players.. Also Montana had only one year with 30 or more tds today it not a hard mark to achieve unless your a Jet QB..LOL What funny with the 2 bowl losses their combined record in those 2 regular seasons was 30-2 and they lost to the 10-6 and 9-7 Giants.. Brady has done more with less then about any QB I can remember..

What additional information did he have "off video" that Manning didn't have?

Are you making a point that Mannings ability to read defenses put him on an even playing field with Brady and his OC having a video library to learn tendencies?

it's also true.  Brady has done more w/ less than anyone,. Manning has done less w/ more than anyone.  Both HOF locks obviously but Brady is in the discussion for best of all time, Manning is not.

What's "less" about having the most freakish WR ever, the most freakish TE ever, the most clutch K ever, a top defense (in the SB winning years), and allll datt cheating? 

Lest you forget, Brady was a miserable sh*t show last year in the first four games until Gronk came back. All the same, Brady looked great the previous three years when Gronk was healthy in the regular season, and looked like chump change in the postseasons without Gronk.

Did you know that in postseason Manning's Ds have given up less PPG than Brady's D's?  NE became a dynasty b/c of the QB, the D's were highly overrated.  in 2001 the Pats D had a great run(until they became first D in SB history to blow 14 pt 4th qtr lead) but they don't even make the playoffs w/o Brady that year and out of the 6 SBs the Pats D blew late leads in 4 of them.  NE won the 2 where Brady had enough time to overcome, they lost the 2 to N YG when he didn't have enough time.

At the high risk of sounding redundant, the above is just so much

dwight-the-office-false-meme.png

Are you making a point that Mannings ability to read defenses put him on an even playing field with Brady and his OC having a video library to learn tendencies?

I am talking about Manning, not Brady, so if you'd like we can stipulate that any illicit videos Brady or his OC used gave him an unfair advantage and an uneven playing field.  

Manning and his OC no doubt also have an extensive "video library to learn tendencies".  Manning is already outstanding at reading defenses and adept at changing the play accordingly at the last possible minute.  My point is that I cannot conceive of anything that Brady might have in his illicit video collection that would help Manning win anything more than the 1 Super Bowl he has already won.  You really think that Tom Moore yelling in Manning's ear that Reggie Wayne is his "hot" read based on video tape he shot of the opposing defense's sideline is the difference between 1 SB title and multiple titles for Manning?  

You're out there on a bender if you want put them on a level field because Manning may be good at reading defenses. Knowing what a team will do on down and distances out of which formations isn't anywhere near knowing what kind of a defense s team is playing on a play. Or if they're disguising their D. Stop this is silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Points aren't the end all be all when comparing defenses.  A lot of factors go into what a defense is or isn't.  I watched the NFL the years the Pats won and they had very, very good defenses those years.

I can't recall a time when the Colts had a defense even approaching those of the Pats championship years.

What's "less" about having the most freakish WR ever, the most freakish TE ever, the most clutch K ever, a top defense (in the SB winning years), and allll datt cheating? 

Lest you forget, Brady was a miserable sh*t show last year in the first four games until Gronk came back. All the same, Brady looked great the previous three years when Gronk was healthy in the regular season, and looked like chump change in the postseasons without Gronk.

He had Randy Moss for a year at his peak and he rejuvenated Moss' career.  Oh and in that season they went 16-0 and if not for the D choking late in the SB they go 19-0 and win another SB.

didn't Manning have that same K for about the same amount of seasons? why doesn't he have 3 SB titles?

Gronk is great, he won 3 SBs w/o Gronk.

Gronk hadn't been fully healthy since around 2011 or so.

Brady and NE have "struggled" early in many seasons, they always get better as the season progresses.  it was all b/c of Gronk? how did he win 3 SBs w/o Gronk? how did he lead an undefeated season w/o him?

Points aren't the end all be all when comparing defenses.  A lot of factors go into what a defense is or isn't.  I watched the NFL the years the Pats won and they had very, very good defenses those years.

I can't recall a time when the Colts had a defense even approaching those of the Pats championship years.

Peyton's only SB winning postseasons his D was MUCH better than  any of the Pats Ds.  Peyton had a great 2nd half of the AFC title game(a title game Brady had Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as his main weapons- if Manning had that they don't get anywhere near a title game) but other than that was nothing more than average that entire run.

the Pats Ds were always overrated outside of maybe the 2001 run which again they became the first D in the history of the SB to blow a double digit 4th qtr lead.

You cant be serious with this. Ok lets take montana's ring away cause he had j rice and hofers on his defense..lol

Freakish wide out, who Mos They didnt win a SB w him. And just won one w gronk this year and he is now coming into his own

Ha ha

And no kicker had anything to do w the SB against the eagles..lol

Oh man they cant stop talking out their asses..

Archived