Shots fired, Tom Brady "Peyton Manning needs things to be perfect to succeed"

Matt39

You cant be serious with this. Ok lets take montana's ring away cause he had j rice and hofers on his defense..lol

Freakish wide out, who Mos They didnt win a SB w him. And just won one w gronk this year and he is now coming into his own

Ha ha

And no kicker had anything to do w the SB against the eagles..lol

Oh man they cant stop talking out their asses..

Manning: One and done an astounding NINE times including FIVE times w/ a 1st rd bye

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have proven way too many times in this thread alone that you neither make nor understand compelling arguments. If you can't get to common sense on your own, I'm not going to waste my time on helping you get there. 

I actually haven't really gotten in to the argument itself b/c of other posters scared to debate that would rather post silly pictures b/c they have nothing to counter my initial statement.

But but but..he didnt cheat though..lol

.this thread has provided nothing but comedy for me...

it's just jealousy.  I hate NE but I can tip my cap to what a great franchise they have been and the biggest reason they have been a great franchise is b/c of Tom Brady.  we can make up all the "cheating" excuses we want, all teams look for any edge they can get.  the bottom line is NE has been the best franchise in the sport for almost 15 years.

it's just jealousy. I hate NE but I can tip my cap to what a great franchise they have been and the biggest reason they have been a great franchise is b/c of Tom Brady. we can make up all the "cheating" excuses we want, all teams look for any edge they can get. the bottom line is NE has been the best franchise in the sport for almost 15 years.

You dont belong in this thread. You're one of thoses logical jet fans..they're rare around these parts.

You dont belong in this thread. You're one of thoses logical jet fans..they're rare around these parts.

I don't blame fans for being that way especially in this case when we have watched NE dominate us for 15 years.  I understand the bitterness.

A shame that the Seahawks didn't run it in with Lynch.  Truly heartbreaking. 

even if they did, scored and won Brady still would have led his team back from 10 points down in the 4th qtr of the SB against an all time great defense.  It would not have been his fault if, once again, his defense would have blown a late lead in a SB.

Peyton Manning played in one close SB, trailing by 7 in NO territory he threw a pick 6 late in the game to clinch the SB for NO.  Brady in close SBs:

Led NE to GW FG vs. SL

led NE to GW FG vs. Car, led NE to 18 4th qtr pts as D allowed 19 4th qtr pts.

led NE to 80 yd TD drive to give O 4 pt lead late

didn't do anything in last NYG SB but did leave field late w/ a lead which D blew

led NE to 14 4th qtr pts vs. Sea and late TD drive to win it.

Just in 4th qtrs. alone Brady has led his Os to 52 pts(6 qtrs., equivalent of a game and a half).  In 3 full SB games Peyton has led his high powered Os to a total of 47 pts.

even if they did, scored and won Brady still would have led his team back from 10 points down in the 4th qtr of the SB against an all time great defense.  It would not have been his fault if, once again, his defense would have blown a late lead in a SB.

Peyton Manning played in one close SB, trailing by 7 in NO territory he threw a pick 6 late in the game to clinch the SB for NO.  Brady in close SBs:

Led NE to GW FG vs. SL

led NE to GW FG vs. Car, led NE to 18 4th qtr pts as D allowed 19 4th qtr pts.

led NE to 80 yd TD drive to give O 4 pt lead late

didn't do anything in last NYG SB but did leave field late w/ a lead which D blew

led NE to 14 4th qtr pts vs. Sea and late TD drive to win it.

Just in 4th qtrs. alone Brady has led his Os to 52 pts(6 qtrs., equivalent of a game and a half).  In 3 full SB games Peyton has led his high powered Os to a total of 47 pts.

actually he threw 2 INT's in that game - which no ones seems to want to discuss.

Had they lost the game - he would have been panned for choking - and rightfully so.(well maybe not Brady the golden boy) but two INT's is a Super Bowl is a big deal..

I'm interested to hear how Brady apologist, such as yourself, explain that one.

actually he threw 2 INT's in that game - which no ones seems to want to discuss.

Had they lost the game - he would have been panned for choking - and rightfully so.(well maybe not Brady the golden boy) but two INT's is a Super Bowl is a big deal..

I'm interested to hear how Brady apologist, such as yourself, explain that one.

and he led his team back from 10 pts down in the 4th qtr and to 28 pts against an all time great D.

Had they lost he would have led his team back from 10 down against that great D and given his D a lead late.  Peyton Manning had 2 INTs against Seattle the SB before.  One returned for a TD and he led his O to 8 garbage time pts the entire game.  INTs happen sometimes, he overcame it and led his team to the win.

and he led his team back from 10 pts down in the 4th qtr and to 28 pts against an all time great D.

Had they lost he would have led his team back from 10 down against that great D and given his D a lead late.  Peyton Manning had 2 INTs against Seattle the SB before.  One returned for a TD and he led his O to 8 garbage time pts the entire game.  INTs happen sometimes, he overcame it and led his team to the win.

man...they know.

look at Peyton's performance against Seattle's D in their SB.

now looks at Brady's.

Brady wouldn't have been in that super bowl to throw two pickles if him and his RBs, WRs, TEs, and C weren't playing with deflated balls while down 14 to the Ravens...twice.

Cheating FTW! 

Cheating is the GOAT!

all it takes is slightly deflated footballs to reach SBs! 

Over 7 rings. 

He makes Brady look like the biggest pussy to ever play the game, without cheating, just imagine if he cheated like Brady. WOW!! 

Well I just lost a 1/2 hour today starring at your signature, I don't know if I should thank you, or put you on ignore

I have Brady number 3 all time and it is not based on jealously or anything else since I have nothing against that Pats other than smugness.

My top three based on what I have seen are:

1. Joe Montana; I saw him play, some of you must not have. 

He was the best IMO and stats don't tell half the story but we can go there if one chooses.  His127.8 quarterback rating in SBs speak for itself as does his 83 for 122 to pass for 1,142 yards and eleven touchdowns against zero interceptions in four Super Bowls.  And the way some talk out here some act like they don't know that Rice wasn't on the team in 1984 when San Fran won their second SB TuscanyTile2 noted in my incorrect post.  In the 1984 game pre Rice, all Joe Cool did in that game was throw for three touchdowns and completed 24 of 35 passes. Montana set the Super Bowl record for most yards passing in a single game (331).  To talk about stats is silly at a time when QBs like Montana could be still crushed and WR still laid out something the latter guys don't have to deal with but even taking the rules differential into account Joe stacks up more than pretty well.

2. Otto Graham greatest winning QB of all time. The knock on him is that he didn't play in an era of sophisticated offensive formations but his formations are the basis of modern football as we know it. So the lack of offensive diversity doesn't diminish his greatness. Furthermore Graham led the league in passer rating 5 times, he has the highest career ave yds per pass att in pro history at an incredible 9.0 (the single most telling passing stat), and still holds the record for most career rushing TDs by a pro QB with 44.

3. Brady number three, yes he has been great as my hundreds of posts defending him on the internet attest. I was saying he was great over 7 years ago when some were saying Chad was better because he had a better completion percentage. Great yes, no question and I will leave it there for now and he can nestle comfortably at that spot for now.

I have Brady number 3 all time and it is not based on jealously or anything else since I have nothing against that Pats other than smugness.

He was the best IMO and stats don't tell half the story but we can go there if one chooses. His127.8 quarterback rating in SBs speak for itself as does his 83 for 122 to pass for 1,142 yards and eleven touchdowns against zero interceptions in four Super Bowls. And the way some talk out here some act like they don't know that Rice wasn't on the team in 1984 when San Fran won their first SB. All Joe Cool did in that game was throw for three touchdowns and completed 24 of 35 passes. Montana set the Super Bowl record for most yards passing in a single game (331). To talk about stats is silly at a time when QBs like Montana could be still crushed and WR still laid out something the latter guys don't have to deal with but eve taking the rules differential into account Joe stacks up more than pretty well.

2. Otto Graham greatest winning QB of all time. The knock on him is that he didn't play in an era of sophisticated offensive formations. Doesn't diminish his greatness.

3. Brady number three, yes he has been great as my hundreds of posts defending him on the internet attest. I was saying he was great over 7 years ago when some were saying Chad was better because he had a better completion percentage. Great yes, no question and I will leave it there for now and he can nestle comfortably at that spot for now.

Montana's first Super Bowl won was in 1981 vs the bengals.

Montana's first Super Bowl won was in 1981 vs the bengals.

Thank you ... you are of course right I was typing fast ... I think that the year was  1981 with SB played in January 1982 though, my memory is hazy ..

I was really modifying my post for Graham. Graham was someone I just has always liked so my post was really for him.

He was the best IMO and stats don't tell half the story but we can go there if one chooses.  His127.8 quarterback rating in SBs speak for itself as does his 83 for 122 to pass for 1,142 yards and eleven touchdowns against zero interceptions in four Super Bowls.  And the way some talk out here some act like they don't know that Rice wasn't on the team in 1984 when San Fran won their second SB TuscanyTile2 noted in my incorrect post.  In the 1984 game pre Rice, all Joe Cool did in that game was throw for three touchdowns and completed 24 of 35 passes. Montana set the Super Bowl record for most yards passing in a single game (331).  To talk about stats is silly at a time when QBs like Montana could be still crushed and WR still laid out something the latter guys don't have to deal with but even taking the rules differential into account Joe stacks up more than pretty well.

2. Otto Graham greatest winning QB of all time. The knock on him is that he didn't play in an era of sophisticated offensive formations but his formations are the basis of modern football as we know it. So the lack of offensive diversity doesn't diminish his greatness. Furthermore Graham led the league in passer rating 5 times, he has the highest career ave yds per pass att in pro history at an incredible 9.0 (the single most telling passing stat), and still holds the record for most career rushing TDs by a pro QB with 44.

this is fair, I have no issues w/ your rankings.  I still have Brady as 1, Joe as 2 but I can certainly se an argument the other way and Graham gets lost b/c he was pre modern era but all that guy did was win.

Imagine if Brady played in the old days of football, when QBs weren't protected like today?

Between his big mouth, his whiney ways, his arrogant tone and the way he freaks out on the field, crying to refs whenever he's touched he would wind up destroyed by defensive players who would want to shut him up

Imagine if Brady played in the old days of football, when QBs weren't protected like today?

Between his big mouth, his whiney ways, his arrogant tone and the way he freaks out on the field, crying to refs whenever he's touched he would wind up destroyed by defensive players who would want to shut him up

players are bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic today than ever before.  He still gets hit and he's still a tough player.  He's the best in his era and maybe the best of all time.  it doesn't make sense discussing what he may or may not have done in a previous era.

Archived