Fantasy Football Part Deaux?

Pac

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely.  $50 sounds great.  I was going to suggest venmo or leaguesafe, though I'm find sending it to you even.  You guys just tell me when and where.

Nice you're in.. we're at 11 players need 1 more.

We'll probably do leaguesafe.  thoughts on auction vs draft?

Nice you're in.. we're at 11 players need 1 more.

We'll probably do leaguesafe.  thoughts on auction vs draft?

As long as I know a day or so in advance, either.  If everyone does the same thing, and a tie breaker is needed I'll vote.

it look like we're headed for an auction.. I'm the lone person looking for draft.

Just want to get a solid 12 and make sure no one else drops out.  at that point we can talk draft date but I'm ok with almost any day after the 3rd preseason game at 9PM EST....

it look like we're headed for an auction.. I'm the lone person looking for draft.

Just want to get a solid 12 and make sure no one else drops out.  at that point we can talk draft date but I'm ok with almost any day after the 3rd preseason game at 9PM EST....

Seconded on a later time. I'd prefer a weeknight or Sunday night, fwiw...I'll make anything work, though.

So going to be a $50 buy in for $600 pot:

4th place $75

3rd place $100

2nd place $175

1st place  $ 250

I feel if you make the playoffs and win a playoff game you deserve a little something. 

Starting Roster:

1 QB

2 WR's

2 RB's

1 TE

1 Flex WR/RB/TE

D

K

16 rounds....  roster max 2QB's,  5 WR's,  5 RB's, 3 TE's, 2 K, 2 D...   no restriction on who or what you draft provided it doesn't exceed roster max.

I prefer a draft too, but for $50 don't really care enough to argue. I'm down to try something new... it's always the friggin lawyers that want the auction style, lol

I prefer a draft too, but for $50 don't really care enough to argue. I'm down to try something new... it's always the friggin lawyers that want the auction style, lol

just the cursory look of auction style made me sigh but like you said..  give it a shot.  I'm waiting to research it in depth until I'm certain our league doesn't implode.

Still need 1 more.

We tried to have a league a few years back but less than half the players that played sent money in and our treasurer disappeared for 2 years.

In short.. kind of a disaster.

I'd like to give it another shot with 10-12 players and $50 a piece entry fee?  I'd be the treasurer this time and hound everyone to pay until they did and send out winnings instantly at the end of the season.

Just trying to see if there's enough interest from our group..  we could always recruit a couple from main board if we need to.

I would destroy the lot of you.

80 you have a job now so you could play.

In or Probable:

Pac

Ape

Doggin

Lizzie

Jetscode

TomShane

JiF

Arsis

Hess

AVM

Auction vs Draft vote:

Auction:                                               Draft:

Doggin                                                    Pac

JC

Lizzie

I was in that league a few years ago. I lost to dbatesman in the final. 

I got paid. 

I think the reason we didn't do it again was RJF got pissed at everyone whining and decided not to do it again and no one else wanted to.

I also remember you sucking at fantasy football almost as bad as you suck at mafia. 

I was in that league a few years ago. I lost to dbatesman in the final. 

I got paid. 

I think the reason we didn't do it again was RJF got pissed at everyone whining and decided not to do it again and no one else wanted to.

I also remember you sucking at fantasy football almost as bad as you suck at mafia. 

You in?  If so auction or draft? 

4th place $75

3rd place $100

2nd place $175

1st place  $ 250

I feel if you make the playoffs and win a playoff game you deserve a little something. 

Starting Roster:

1 QB

2 WR's

2 RB's

1 TE

1 Flex WR/RB/TE

D

K

16 rounds....  roster max 2QB's,  5 WR's,  5 RB's, 3 TE's, 2 K, 2 D...   no restriction on who or what you draft provided it doesn't exceed roster max.

1 - add a WR to the starting roster.  24 starting WRs is light (you could basically just have the WR1s from 3/4 of the NFL).

2 - no roster maxes.  Why do this?  If people want to hoard QBs or RBs or Ds (lol) let them.  Never understood the roster max concept

Seconded on a later time. I'd prefer a weeknight or Sunday night, fwiw...I'll make anything work, though.

Sunday nights will be tough for me unless it's after 8pm.  Need to drop my kids off at their mom's at 7 most sundays

Thanks.  I'm actually really frustrated with a bunch of my friends over this at the moment.  Started a league because I wanted an auction keeper league.  Invited some friends who I told what the league concept was.  They signed up ... and then took a vote to decide they wanted to shift it to a draft style redraft league.  I'm not going to blow up relationships by pulling "I'm the commish" rank, but I'm really jonesing for an auction league

(My very first football leagues, in high school, were auction leagues, so it's kind of "home" for me)

1 - add a WR to the starting roster.  24 starting WRs is light (you could basically just have the WR1s from 3/4 of the NFL).

2 - no roster maxes.  Why do this?  If people want to hoard QBs or RBs or Ds (lol) let them.  Never understood the roster max concept

Don't want 3 WR's and a flex..  Every time I've played in that kind of league people are starting 4th and 5th string WR's due to injury.

Roster maxes eliminate hoarding and makes it enjoyable for everyone.  No one needs more than 5 RB's or WR's on their roster especially with 2 WR's and a flex.  No one like the guy that picks up his 7th and 8th RB in week 10 to make sure others don't get him.  You can still do this to a degree with 5 RB's..  I did it last year in my big money league and won it all.

You're getting the auction format you want which to me is a much greater concession than these 2 things.. 

Don't want 3 WR's and a flex..  Every time I've played in that kind of league people are starting 4th and 5th string WR's due to injury.

Roster maxes eliminate hoarding and makes it enjoyable for everyone.  No one needs more than 5 RB's or WR's on their roster especially with 2 WR's and a flex.  No one like the guy that picks up his 7th and 8th RB in week 10 to make sure others don't get him.  You can still do this to a degree with 5 RB's..  I did it last year in my big money league and won it all.

You're getting the auction format you want which to me is a much greater concession than these 2 things.. 

Heh.  I prefer deeper leagues to shallow ones, but you're right, give me auction and I'm cool

When is the draft? I'm about to leave on vacation.

well we're stuck at 11...  trying to hold out for a 12th.  feel free to PM whoever you might think would be interested.

It will probably be a weeknight after the 3rd preseason game. 

although I just realized regular season doesn't start until the 10th..  can do any of these dates:

8/31

9/1

9/2

9/3

9/4

9/9

I'd prefer the weekend but if a weekday...I need at least 8 PM EST.

I'm ok with any day but I sensed some resistance to making it on a weekend.

I was thinking 9PM EST any one of those days.   

So to confirm

Pacarito is receiving our $$ , knows who we all are by default

We log in to our fantasy using our jn handles?

Naw..  JC suggested leaguesafe for money which is cool with me - google it.  I offered to be treasurer because I'm not going anywhere and would hound people for the money until I got it lol.

Once we confirm the league is happening I'll go and create it on ESPN and you can just PM me an email address to use for the invite.  Don't want to bother with all that until I know it's on.

4th place $75

3rd place $100

2nd place $175

1st place  $ 250

Starting Roster:

1 QB

2 WR's

2 RB's

1 TE

1 Flex WR/RB/TE

D

K

Standard or PPR?  4 points or 6 for passing TDs?  Are the scoring rules locked?  Plus, if the scoring rules change within 7 days of the draft I'm out.  Had this happen last year and I'm not interested in recreating my cheat sheets at the last moment.  Yes, with my job some times 7 days is not enough time to click and print.  So Argo.

Standard or PPR?  4 points or 6 for passing TDs?  Are the scoring rules locked?  Plus, if the scoring rules change within 7 days of the draft I'm out.  Had this happen last year and I'm not interested in recreating my cheat sheets at the last moment.  Yes, with my job some times 7 days is not enough time to click and print.  So Argo.

4, IMO.  Otherwise you go too QB heavy, since QBs score 3 to 4 times as many TDs as WRs or RBs

6 points for TD's for QB's 1 point every 25 yards passing...

I'll put up all scoring later today.  it will be locked...  no changes.  I've already changed the major stuff (leaguesafe and auction).

Archived