Fantasy Football Part Deaux?

Pac

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll pick a draft date but probably whatever day that works after the last pre season game.

have to think ESPN has life draft feature, right?  can anyone think of a better free site than ESPN other than Yahoo?

i'm not playing, you need 5

no time for FF

nope youre in.

this myth that FF takes up a lot of time is absurd.  Once the draft is over it's a 15 min a week commitment..  setting a lineup and putting in a couple waiver claims is nothing.

nope youre in.

this myth that FF takes up a lot of time is absurd.  Once the draft is over it's a 15 min a week commitment..  setting a lineup and putting in a couple waiver claims is nothing.

I'm very competitve, which is why I was the points leader last time we did this. I only play when I can put forth the appropriate effort, I am not comfortable with last place finishes like you

I'm very competitve, which is why I was the points leader last time we did this. I only play when I can put forth the appropriate effort, I am not comfortable with last place finishes like you

you've got a pm.

Watching Pac get cooked up is pure joy.

It's a shame... I just recently tore him down so bad, that he's been reduced to trying to argue that he makes up better nicknames than I do... as some demented form of salvaging his dignity... 

Btw, I know Labor Day always is right in the middle of fantasy football draft season and can't usually be used as a viable excuse, but this year for the first time in a while I'm taking a lengthy vacation then.  I'll be driving to Nashville with friends Thursday, Sep 3, then visiting my folks early the next week.  So I'm pretty much going to have limited availability for any fantasy drafts from Sep 3 thru Sep 9. 

Are we doing auction?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I thought a regular snake draft but using the fixed dollar amt awarded to everyone for waivers.

I haven't done an auction style draft before and it just seems like a problem logistically with everyone all over the country.  I realize can probably do online but this would be my 4th league and not really interested in adding a lot of time.  as it is people had already expressed concern about the time commitment thing and I'd have to imagine auction style would add to that.

Auction is done online using the same draft tool from espn or yahoo. Doesn't take any more time than a standard draft and is much, much more fun. Plus it gives everyone an equal chance at every player, rather than being screwed by the draft order.

Trust me, once you go auction, there's no going back

Auction is done online using the same draft tool from espn or yahoo. Doesn't take any more time than a standard draft and is much, much more fun. Plus it gives everyone an equal chance at every player, rather than being screwed by the draft order.

Trust me, once you go auction, there's no going back

Sounds fun

Nice..  that's 11.

1 more provided no one bails.  I've refused to let CTM bow out so he's in.

everyone is welcome to say whether they want auction or regular draft.  Having never done auction style i'd me more comfortable with draft but if the majority wants auction I'd have to deal with it.

Nice..  that's 11.

1 more provided no one bails.  I've refused to let CTM bow out so he's in.

everyone is welcome to say whether they want auction or regular draft.  Having never done auction style i'd me more comfortable with draft but if the majority wants auction I'd have to deal with it.

Simple question.  Would you rather:

A. Play a game where everyone has equal opportunity to draft every player? or

B. Play a game where the five people who get to draft the five best players are decided by random.org?

If you like A, go with auction.  If you prefer B, choose snake draft.

Simple question.  Would you rather:

A. Play a game where everyone has equal opportunity to draft every player? or

B. Play a game where the five people who get to draft the five best players are decided by random.org?

If you like A, go with auction.  If you prefer B, choose snake draft.

My issue would be since I've never done auction style those who have would have a better idea of how to allocate their money.  I can go and research for a couple hours and be prepared but I got a sense from people signing up that they wouldn't be inclined to spend a lot of time prepping for a draft.

Archived