Fantasy Football Part Deaux?

Pac

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My vote prob shouldn't count cause I'm a figment of 80's imagination. But I do have this to say:

I have never done an auction draft in real life. Neither has 80. Sounds like neither have any of you. I have done mock drafts in the auction format. They are alright. Word on the street is if you get a group of people that care and are knowledgable about football then they can be an absolute blast. 

Since nobody has done an auction there no one has any advantage. And the growing popularity of them means there has to be something there. You all are on an online football message board. So hypothetically you have at least some opinions (some sh*ttier than others). 

I say we do this auction. We have all done snake. And you don't know if you can like something until you try it.

(P.S. I use the same argument to get girls to try weird sex stuff.)

But seriously is this just 80 and he's going to have two teams?

VOTE COUNT:

Auction:                                      Draft:

Doggin                                         Tom

80                                                 Pac

80's alt

VOTE COUNT:

80's alt                                         JiF

Hess

VOTE COUNT:

80's alt                                         JiF

Lezzie                                          Hess

not voting -  Arsis, Jetscode, AVM, Buttman

you want to be on the same side as Lezzie, 80, and 80's fake account?

Here's my thing -- I don't want us to get this far down this road and have to scrap it last minute.  A lot of people seem really unhappy with auction, so I'm fine with going snake...but I feel like someone said they were out if it wasn't auction?  Or did I make that up?

Also -- if we did snake, would we have some sort of competition to decide who picks where or are we going to let ESPN randomly decide at draft time?

Here's my thing -- I don't want us to get this far down this road and have to scrap it last minute.  A lot of people seem really unhappy with auction, so I'm fine with going snake...but I feel like someone said they were out if it wasn't auction?  Or did I make that up?

Also -- if we did snake, would we have some sort of competition to decide who picks where or are we going to let ESPN randomly decide at draft time?

I think doggin would be pissed but I don't know if he'd bail.  He hasn't said anything to me...  I don't want him to bail. 

I'm kind of surprised he hasn't come in to extoll the virtues of the auction format.

I think doggin would be pissed but I don't know if he'd bail.  He hasn't said anything to me...  I don't want him to bail. 

I'm kind of surprised he hasn't come in to extoll the virtues of the auction format.

Very pissed.  Only signed up because I wanted an auction league, given that I was already in 2 other leagues, which is normally my max.  Won't bail because I committed, but I'd be very unhappy.

Very pissed.  Only signed up because I wanted an auction league, given that I was already in 2 other leagues, which is normally my max.  Won't bail because I committed, but I'd be very unhappy.

What if I send you a $5 Starbucks card and the first season of Greys Anatomy on DVD? 

Would that compel you to change your vote to draft?

whiner.

Says the guy who set the league rules by saying "i gave in on auction" and then tried to go back on doing auction?

Seriously, you guys can do what you want, and I'm looking forward to playing with you all, but i have two leagues already so if there's no auction and i can duck out without screwing everyone else, i will.

Don't want 3 WR's and a flex..  Every time I've played in that kind of league people are starting 4th and 5th string WR's due to injury.

Roster maxes eliminate hoarding and makes it enjoyable for everyone.  No one needs more than 5 RB's or WR's on their roster especially with 2 WR's and a flex.  No one like the guy that picks up his 7th and 8th RB in week 10 to make sure others don't get him.  You can still do this to a degree with 5 RB's..  I did it last year in my big money league and won it all.

You're getting the auction format you want which to me is a much greater concession than these 2 things.. 

Pac confirmed scum. VOTE: PAC

I just did a mock auction.  Easy thing to have going on in the background while working.  Bought Le'Veon for $55 and Dez for $40 to see if it would be like Shane's experience.  Ended up with the following (NOTE:  Likely not how I'd end up drafting, as I purposely went a little "top heavy".  Wanted to see if Tom's complaint was legit in that he had to wait forever to grab other relevant guys):

Le'Veon - $55

Dez - $40

Alshon Jeffery - $33

DeAndre Hopkins - $31

Frank Gore - $19

Davante Adams - $10

Duke Johnson - $2

David Cobb - $2

Victor Cruz - $1

Eli Manning - $1

Knile Davis - $1

Eddie Royal - $1

Daniel Herron - $1

Owen Daniels - $1

Panthers D - $1

Dan Bailey - $1

Tom's full of sh*t, as usual.

Not bad fart face... the $15 you spent on Davante, Duke Johnson, Eli, Knile and Eddie Royal might have been the best spending you did. 

Archived