Fantasy Football Part Deaux?

Pac

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Doggin's out, I'm out.  I only play if he plays.

Your stupidity never ceased to amaze..  you have no idea how to draft via auction and your hero does.  In fact, he's going to have a HUGE advantage by having done it so often and being familiar with the process.  I have no idea how much to bid on Chris Ivory..  do you?

You're stupidity never ceased to amaze..  you have no idea how to draft via auction and your hero does.  In fact, he's going to have a HUGE advantage by having done it so often and being familiar with the process.  I have no idea how much to bid on Chris Ivory..  do you?

$12, but if you spend $17, you're an absolute retard and you'll be sitting there in Week 9 at 2-7 because 80's alt will trade Antonio Brown to 80 for Andy Dalton.

So, I bailed on a few leagues this year... but I have a PPR / 2-QB league I'm drafting for tonight.

I've got the 5th overall. The top 4 should be AD, Leveon, Charles and Lacy... I'm thinking about taking Andrew Luck and then looking to go after guys like Blount, Martin and Ivory, plus a few of the rookie RBs, later in the draft... Luck scores about 50-75 total points more for the season than the next best anyone. 

I feel like Luck is going to be a 5 point weekly advantage over the next-best QB, and 10 point advantage over most. I can draft well enough to counter not having an "expert-approved" stud RB. I am always good at landing guys from next year's crop of "studs" anyway.

So, I bailed on a few leagues this year... but I have a PPR / 2-QB league I'm drafting for tonight.

I've got the 5th overall. The top 4 should be AD, Leveon, Charles and Lacy... I'm thinking about taking Andrew Luck and then looking to go after guys like Blount, Martin and Ivory, plus a few of the rookie RBs, later in the draft... Luck scores about 50-75 total points more for the season than the next best anyone. 

I feel like Luck is going to be a 5 point weekly advantage over the next-best QB, and 10 point advantage over most. I can draft well enough to counter not having an "expert-approved" stud RB. I am always good at landing guys from next year's crop of "studs" anyway.

^ sounds like a vote for auction to me

ROFL

Separately, in a 2QB league Luck and Rodgers should be the first 2 picks.  It's not just the advantage you'll have when you have Luck as your No. 1 QB - it's the advantage you'll have when you take a second QB from the end of the "typical fantasy starter" QB tier (say, Eli or Big Ben) and watch your leaguemates struggle with starting mediocre QBs in that QB2 spot

So yeah - if you can get Luck at 5 because your leaguemates are locked into the RB-RB paradigm, race to the podium

Yea, don't wanna be a party pooper but I only agreed to tolerate this many northern people due to the possibility of an Auction league. I have 4 draft leagues and don't particularly need anymore. 

Even though yall seem like a large batch of pussies and I would most assuredly wipe the floor with you in fantasy...

ROFL

Separately, in a 2QB league Luck and Rodgers should be the first 2 picks.  It's not just the advantage you'll have when you have Luck as your No. 1 QB - it's the advantage you'll have when you take a second QB from the end of the "typical fantasy starter" QB tier (say, Eli or Big Ben) and watch your leaguemates struggle with starting mediocre QBs in that QB2 spot

So yeah - if you can get Luck at 5 because your leaguemates are locked into the RB-RB paradigm, race to the podium

The difference maker in this league, is that there are no negative points.... so that helps make the QB that throws 30 TD / 18 INT just as valuable as the one that throws 30 TD / 7 INT. That said, Luck is still outscoring every position by a wide margin.

VOTE COUNT:

Auction:                                      Draft:

Doggin                                         Tom

80                                                 Pac

80's alt                                         JiF

Lezzie                                          Hess

not voting -  Arsis, Jetscode, AVM, Buttman

Your stupidity never ceased to amaze..  you have no idea how to draft via auction and your hero does.  In fact, he's going to have a HUGE advantage by having done it so often and being familiar with the process.  I have no idea how much to bid on Chris Ivory..  do you?

I also have no idea how much to bid on Chris Ivory.

The difference maker in this league, is that there are no negative points.... so that helps make the QB that throws 30 TD / 18 INT just as valuable as the one that throws 30 TD / 7 INT. That said, Luck is still outscoring every position by a wide margin.

Yep, that definitely helps raise the value of gunslinger QBs relative to elites.  In that format, Eli Manning is probably as valuable as his brother this season.  It also makes the dropoff at, say, QB15 even steeper.  If you can be starting Luck and Eli against an opponent going with Newton and Cutler, you've got a HUGE advantage

VOTE COUNT:

Auction:                                      Draft:

Doggin                                         Tom

80                                                 Pac

80's alt                                         JiF

Lezzie                                          Hess

Bates Man

not voting -  Arsis, Jetscode, AVM,

Archived