Is Revis the Greatest of All Time?

Maxman

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so if Revis gives up one big play per 100 passes his way then Sanders gave up two per hundred. I don't ever recall Sanders giving up a big play in a playoff/SB game. I do remember him making quite a few though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deion only played 12 playoff games in his career. Revis has already played 9. 

I don't know who Deion was on but let's assume it was the top WR.

1991 w/ Atl:

at NO: Eric Martin 7-83

at Was: Gary Clark 6-64

1994 w/ SF:

vs. Chi:Jeff Gram 4-33

vs. Dallas: Michael Irvin 12-192-2

vs. SD: Mark Seay 7-75

1995-1999 w/ Dallas:

1995:

vs. Philly:  Calvin Williams 5-56

vs. GB: Robert Brooks 6-105-2

vs. Pitt: Yancey Thigpen 3-19-1

1996:

vs. Min: Cris Carter 3-36-1

at Car: Mark Carrier 1-7

1998:

vs. Ari: Frank Sanders 3-72

1999:

at Min: Randy Moss 5-127-1

total: 62-869-7

prorated to 16 game season: 83 recs, 1159 yds, 9 TDs

Revis:

w/ Jets:

2009:

at Cin: Chad Johnson 2-28

at SD: Vincent Jackson 7-111

at Ind: Reggie Wayne 3-55

2010:

at Ind: Reggie Wayne 1-1

at NE: Deion Branch 5-59-1

at Pitt: Mike Wallace 1-6

2014 w/ NE:

vs. Bal: Torrey Smith 3-62

vs. Ind: T.Y. Hilton 1-36

vs. Sea: Dough Baldwin 1-3-1

total: 24-361-2

prorated to 16 game season: 43 recs, 642 yds, 4 TDs

again, we don't know exactly who they were on(for example, Vincent Jackson did not get his 100 yds on revis) but this gives us a gauge.

also..i did a quick google search of all time greats, Revis is not even mentioned.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/top-10-greatest-nfl-cornerbacks-of-all-time.html/?a=viewall

I dont agree with who they have as number, but i think you're gonna have a hard time finding any list where Revis being number one on that list.

typical girl_in_maxipads02 response. just stop, till this point, green & revis are not in the same conversation.

Actually golf is another example of the game being different. Check out Jack's clubs and equipment back then compared to Tiger's of today.

So the better equipment helped Tiger or it didn't? Make up your mind.

Maybe I wasn't clear.   if Jack of the early 60's somehow could play Tiger of 2001 that would be relevant.  But Jack played against golfers who played the same equipment as he had in his bag and one.  Just as Tiger with more advanced equipment played against golfers who also had more advanced equipment in their bags.  Doesn't change a thing in the way of wins, winning percentages, etc.  And every single course they play today is longer and tougher than it was in Jacks day because of Tiger and because of the equipment 

Revis is the best CB I've ever seen.  His one top season is by far the best I've seen.

It's not always easy to compare CBs as they are asked to do different things a few of the recent 'best cbs' in the game' such as Asomogah and Sherman could not do what Revis has been asked to do in his career imo.

I was always fond of Lem Barney and Frank Minnefield, but I don't think they rise to this level.  The guys on the Raiders probably should be in the conversation - Willie Brown and Lester the Molester.   Mike Haynes too for that matter. I think Deon gets over-rated.  He is a big self-promoter.  He is a great player, but so was Darrell Green.  Deon is like Sherman, he runs around saying "I'm the best! I'm the best" He is good enough that people believe him.  I don't remember Revis saying he was the best, he just was and the year he had in '09 was as good as anything Deon did.  Punt returns, WR and baseball included.

Archived