Jets Waive Antonio Allen

JetNation

Antonio Allen Punt Block

By Glenn Naughton

It’s been a rough 24 hours for New York Jets safety Antonio Allen as the team announced today that they have waived the veteran safety following what’s believed to be a torn Achilles that he suffered at the end of yesterdays practice session.

Allen, who played both cornerback and safety for the Jets last season had an opportunity to be one of the more versatile players in Todd Bolwes’ defense but now he finds himself having been replaced by cornerback Keon Lyn per Jets senior reporter Eric Allen.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
bpj4ERggBPc

View the full article

This a real shame.

I could see if Antonio Allen was under contract for the Jets a couple more years.( IR him and count on him in 2016). Antonio Allen is an unrestricted Fa after this season, and could be playing anywhere in 2016. ( Might be up in Buffalo) So what exactly is the point to Ir him.

why not IR Allen?

I could see if Antonio Allen was under contract for the Jets a couple more years.( IR him and count on him in 2016). Antonio Allen is an unrestricted Fa after this season, and could be playing anywhere in 2016. ( Might be up in Buffalo) So what exactly is the point to Ir him.

Jets DB Antonio Allen Reverts To Injured Reserve After Clearing Waivers

1 day ago Jets, NFL Transactions Leave a comment 105 Views

The New York Jets officially placed DB Antonio Allen on season-ending injured reserve after he cleared on waivers on Saturday.

Allen, unfortunately, suffered a season-ending Achilles injury and was subsequently waived/injured on Friday. New York signed CB Keon Lyn to their active roster for the time being.

Allen, 26, is a former seventh-round pick of the Jets back in 2012. He has one year remaining on his four-year, $2.1 million rookie contract and stands to make a base salary of $1.542 million for the 2015 season.

In 2014, Allen appeared in 15 games for the Jets and recorded 41 tackles, a half sack, a forced fumble and six pass defenses. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 63 cornerback out of 108 qualifying players.

Once again you have no idea what you're talking about.

I meant for the kid, not the team. Though I think he would have for the system as well, it's a shame he's jobless because of an injury

I think it is phenomenal that one poster could be so wrong 100% of the time.  Not only on his statements about the Jets or other teams, but in his claims about the Raiders as well.  The many years of this troll have proven one thing:  that if he posts it, it's a slam dunk that it is incorrect. 

Best wishes AA.  

It was nice following this 7th rounder as he climbed up to 63rd best of the 108 CBs rated by PFF.  No doubt with all the new DB signings this year he was going to be at the very bottom of the depth chart.  Jets fans love an underdog; he will be missed.           

Is Antonio Allen an unrestricted Fa after the 2015 season? Yes or No. yes he is, and can sign with any team he wants to come next year. The point was I could see a team putting him on Injured reserve if he was still under contract for 2016. I don't understand why a team would put a free agent after the season on that list. ( He can go where ever he wants to go- unless you see the Jets using franchise tag on a player coming off Achilles tear)

I think it is phenomenal that one poster could be so wrong 100% of the time. Not only on his statements about the Jets or other teams, but in his claims about the Raiders as well. The many years of this troll have proven one thing: that if he posts it, it's a slam dunk that it is incorrect.

again is Antonio Allen a free agent in 2016. http://www.nyjetscap.com/freeagents.html Now what purpose is to put a player on IR that can sign with anyone after this season. What benefit is it to the Jets as he isn't under contract for 2016. I would love for you to tell me where I was wrong.

Unrestricted Restricted ▾ Exclusive

Rights

Antonio Allen

Josh Bush

Quinton Coples(Option Year 2017)

Demario Davis

again is Antonio Allen a free agent in 2016. http://www.nyjetscap.com/freeagents.html Now what purpose is to put a player on IR that can sign with anyone after this season. What benefit is it to the Jets as he isn't under contract for 2016. I would love for you to tell me where I was wrong.

You predicted the Jets wouldn't IR him.  Wrong.

You predicted the Raiduhs would draft defense in round 1 and you guaranteed it, saying anyone who believed otherwise was clueless .  Wrong

Every year you predict success for one of the perennial worst teams in the AFC, aka Raiduhs.  Wrong every time.

Essentially, 99% of your conclusions are wrong here just as they were on JI.  At least you are consistent in your incorrectness.  

It amazes me, all of us, how consistently wrong you are.  

If you pay someone the total of his contract and he gets hurt, why would you not IR him?  Why not let him come in, use the facilities, Drs., rehab equip etc?  If he' healthy at the end of the year, can be productive, why wouldn't want him back?  

Wrong and heartless is no way to go through life

You predicted the Jets wouldn't IR him. Wrong.

You predicted the Raiduhs would draft defense in round 1 and you guaranteed it, saying anyone who believed otherwise was clueless . Wrong

Every year you predict success for one of the perennial worst teams in the AFC, aka Raiduhs. Wrong every time.

Essentially, 99% of your conclusions are wrong here just as they were on JI. At least you are consistent in your incorrectness.

where did I predict that. I said since he was unrestricted Fa in 2016 and there really was no benefit to IR him. ( Fact) That's all I said , they want to IR that's their business. He still most likely will be in Buffalo in 2016( that's a prediction) . understand the difference,

How many Jet fan accurately predicted who the Jets would draft this year- most jet fans were predicting either a pass rushing OLB, or Wr.. ( again just show how silly your point was)

Here a prediction I have made, the Jet secondary won't be as good as the hype. ( let's see how wrong this one is) . when Antonio Cromartie and Buster" the midget" Skrine are the players your counting on- good luck there. ( Cromartie has been getting toasted on a regular basis in training camp).

where did I predict that. I said since he was unrestricted Fa in 2016 and there really was no benefit to IR him. ( Fact) That's all I said , they want to IR that's their business. He still most likely will be in Buffalo in 2016( that's a prediction) . understand the difference,

How many Jet fan accurately predicted who the Jets would draft this year- most jet fans were predicting either a pass rushing OLB, or Wr.. ( again just show how silly your point was)

Here a prediction I have made, the Jet secondary won't be as good as the hype. ( let's see how wrong this one is) . when Antonio Cromartie and Buster" the midget" Skrine are the players your counting on- good luck there. ( Cromartie been get toasted regular in training camp).

Prediction:  

Raiduhs: 3-13

Jets: 9-7

You predicted the Jets wouldn't IR him.  Wrong.

You predicted the Raiduhs would draft defense in round 1 and you guaranteed it, saying anyone who believed otherwise was clueless .  Wrong

Every year you predict success for one of the perennial worst teams in the AFC, aka Raiduhs.  Wrong every time.

Essentially, 99% of your conclusions are wrong here just as they were on JI.  At least you are consistent in your incorrectness.

LOL don't ever change raider90210-wrong again

Here a prediction I have made, the Jet secondary won't be as good as the hype. ( let's see how wrong this one is) . when Antonio Cromartie and Buster" the midget" Skrine are the players your counting on- good luck there. ( Cromartie has been getting toasted on a regular basis in training camp).

That is another thing you do you make bet after bet and you lose everyone of them!

Which Jets training camp practice did u go to?

Stop predicting. Stop betting. Stop posting, you are cluless

You predicted the Jets wouldn't IR him. Wrong.

You predicted the Raiduhs would draft defense in round 1 and you guaranteed it, saying anyone who believed otherwise was clueless . Wrong

Every year you predict success for one of the perennial worst teams in the AFC, aka Raiduhs. Wrong every time.

Essentially, 99% of your conclusions are wrong here just as they were on JI. At least you are consistent in your incorrectness.

My favorite all time prediction from Raiduhomerfan was his prediction that Jamarcus Russell would not only play well and be me a franchise QB but would be an elite, top 5 QB to give Brady and Manning a run for it going into the season he was cut. Pure gold

Archived