Rex briefly considered bringing Vick to Buffalo before deciding it really wasn't a good idea

shuler82

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's correct.  Rex is not going to announce the starting QB until stating game.  He wants to keep Colts in suspense.  However, JMO  based upon practice results,  it strongly appers that Taylor will start.

JMO it was dumb when Rex and his staff waited while he was here to name a starter and it is dumb now. 

In fact it was one of the reasons why the better QB, at that time, got injured playing behind weaker players. 

Not that I wanted to add to the board's Rexession, but this was too good not to post..

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/314246/rex-ryan-we-considered-signing-michael-vick

Coach Rex Ryan told PFT Live on Friday that the Bills considered signing free agent Michael Vick, but believed his odds of success were slim in Buffalo's bad weather.

Vick has notoriously small hands. "Our conditions are a little different than most teams," said Ryan. "And Mike will tell you, he’s not built really for a bad weather quarterback. He doesn’t have great big hands, and the weather affects him some. And he’d be the first one to tell you." The Bills know they don't have a legitimate quarterback, and Ryan acknowledged as much Friday by revealing their flirtation with Vick in addition to suggesting they might not name a starter until game day of Week 1. It's going to be an ugly year for offense in western New York.

Why would anyone who coached Vick last year even give one second of thought to that.  An undisciplined mind at work

That's correct.  Rex is not going to announce the starting QB until stating game.  He wants to keep Colts in suspense.  However, JMO  based upon practice results,  it strongly appers that Taylor will start.

Interesting. They were saying yesterday on NFLN that Cassell had it locked up. Then again they also think Fitz is going to start the season for the Jets

Interesting. They were saying yesterday on NFLN that Cassell had it locked up. Then again they also think Fitz is going to start the season for the Jets

I've heard from sources that Cassel is doing "okay" and others that say he looks good.  I know that Tyrod has been consistently improving and had  really good days  during the last 3 practices.  It's confusing.  I am anxious for the season to start.

I've heard from sources that Cassel is doing "okay" and others that say he looks good. I know that Tyrod has been consistently improving and had really good days during the last 3 practices. It's confusing. I am anxious for the season to start.

Definitely confusing , hard to imagine one QB can look okay and another completely different human can think he looked good

How frustrating it is.... Decent team assembled all around and the QB spot is possibly going to. 6th round pick from 4 years ago.

JETS, Bills are just frustrating to cheer for until we have a solid QB.

I know.  Just can't believe the similarities in our teams this year.

I've heard from sources that Cassel is doing "okay" and others that say he looks good. I know that Tyrod has been consistently improving and had really good days during the last 3 practices. It's confusing. I am anxious for the season to start.

I hear they all look good

I hear they all look good

Well,  I read an article a few minutes ago and it looks like Cassel will start in our game against the Panthers. Looks like all 3 QB's will have a chance to start in the pre-season games.     This is truly a one day at a time scenario.

I keep reading it's going to be Cassel

I keep reading it's going to be Cassel

I know Cassel is starting in our preseason game against the Panthers.  However,  I understand that EJ and Taylor will also have an opportunity to start at a preseason game.    Taylor had a good week during the last 3 days of practice.  He received positive  feedback   throughout the season.    Lately, there has also been positive reports about Cassel. but I'll be surprised if Taylor doesn't start this season.

I know Cassel is starting in our preseason game against the Panthers.  However,  I understand that EJ and Taylor will also have an opportunity to start at a preseason game.    Taylor had a good week during the last 3 days of practice.  He received positive  feedback   throughout the season.    Lately, there has also been positive reports about Cassel. but I'll be surprised if Taylor doesn't start this season.

You don't have a QB, you are not going to the playoffs. Your QB situation is actually worse then ours, and probably the worst in the league.

Rex is truly a buffoon for jumping back in the same situation he failed at here, and your ownership is just as bad for hiring a coach who failed in the same setup and has been unable to develop a QB at all

You don't have a QB, you are not going to the playoffs. Your QB situation is actually worse then ours, and probably the worst in the league.

Rex is truly a buffoon for jumping back in the same situation he failed at here, and your ownership is just as bad for hiring a coach who failed in the same setup and has been unable to develop a QB at all

It's going to be a lot of fun watching somebody else lose in the Jetsiest ways imaginable for a change.

Well thank you for the vote of confidence (sarc)

Well thank you for the vote of confidence (sarc)

It's just the way it is, but you're a fan so you don't want to see it. Look at us, we hired a sr citizen to run our offense who this time last year was taking afternoon naps, driving with his left hand blinker on and going to bed at 7:30pm. But as a fan base have deluded ourselves into believing he's some kind of offensive savant,  his qb's have been in the top 1/2 of the league in yardage 1/2 the time.

I know Cassel is starting in our preseason game against the Panthers. However, I understand that EJ and Taylor will also have an opportunity to start at a preseason game. Taylor had a good week during the last 3 days of practice. He received positive feedback throughout the season. Lately, there has also been positive reports about Cassel. but I'll be surprised if Taylor doesn't start this season.

I'd be totally shocked if he does. And if somehow he does start I think it says your QB situation is much worse than anyone believed coming into the season.

Archived