Rex briefly considered bringing Vick to Buffalo before deciding it really wasn't a good idea

shuler82

The bills and Texans are the two teams that have even worse qb situations than us. Rex should have sat out this year

No, the bills were the 100% perfect team for Rex and he knew it.  Atlanta or Chicago?  Nope, both have terrible defenses that he would actually have to build up.  with Buff he has what he wants, great D personnel and once again he will be tied to 'his defense' rather than be accountable as a head coach.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex is never up front and truthful when he sells his players to fans who drool waiting to hear his glowing reports.  

Which player or players has he said said havent't played well or has to step it up?  Who hasn't played well and will be a force?

Not saying its wrong or doesn't help the psyche of the player he's trying to pump up.  Just saying don't rely on what Rex told you is going on to what actually is going on  

A better definition regarding Rex's comments about players is constructive criticism.  He's talked about all 3 QB's and Eric Wood just to name a few.

Which QBs has Roman built?

More to the point name the QBs who sucked and Roman turned their careers around?  Thats his job in Buffalo.  Rebuild trash

No one with the Panthers, he did wonders for Carr in Houston, same with Boller in Balt., Kaep is undetermined right now, not looking that good after their last year together,

Don't fault Kaep for one mediocre year.  No doubt he developed under Roman.    San Fran is much like the NJ Jets organization (2014).  It's what you get when there's strained relationships within the organization.  Both coaches (Roman and Ryan) are happy to be here.  Time will tell what a cohesive organization (on the same page) will produce.  

Don't fault Kaep for one mediocre year.  No doubt he developed under Roman.    San Fran is much like the NJ Jets organization (2014).  It's what you get when there's strained relationships within the organization.  Both coaches (Roman and Ryan) are happy to be here.  Time will tell what a cohesive organization (on the same page) will produce.  

Taking a QB in his second year, who Harbaugh claimed was as talented a player he has seen to where he is counts to a degree but Kaep is miles ahead of anyone talent wise on the Bills roster.  And you can't make an excuse that Roman wasn't happy there.  His job is to work the offense and it didn't work, you can't say its not his fault he wasn't happy. He was paid, he cashed the check he needs a lot better excuse that his head wasn't into it.  If anything given the person who was under attack in SF was Harbaugh, not Roman, Harbaughs head might be why Kaeps play went down which would also mean that he was responsible for Kaeps good play earlier in his career.  Not Roman

So I guess your idea that Roman has built QBs before he was brought to Buffalo ignores my point that he never has built a QB off the scrapheap as is the case in Buffalo and ignores all the QBs he hasn't helped over the years.  Its basically Kaep and no one else, even after his work with Kaep was in a pure downward spiral when he left so if Kaep goes onto better things it will have been after Roman left and be a black mark on Roman, not a check in his favor?

Taking a QB in his second year, who Harbaugh claimed was as talented a player he has seen to where he is counts to a degree but Kaep is miles ahead of anyone talent wise on the Bills roster.  And you can't make an excuse that Roman wasn't happy there.  His job is to work the offense and it didn't work, you can't say its not his fault he wasn't happy. He was paid, he cashed the check he needs a lot better excuse that his head wasn't into it.  If anything given the person who was under attack in SF was Harbaugh, not Roman, Harbaughs head might be why Kaeps play went down which would also mean that he was responsible for Kaeps good play earlier in his career.  Not Roman

So I guess your idea that Roman has built QBs before he was brought to Buffalo ignores my point that he never has built a QB off the scrapheap as is the case in Buffalo and ignores all the QBs he hasn't helped over the years.  Its basically Kaep and no one else, even after his work with Kaep was in a pure downward spiral when he left so if Kaep goes onto better things it will have been after Roman left and be a black mark on Roman, not a check in his favor?

Ooh,  you're on a roll today.  LOL  First,  I am not making an excuse that Roman wasn't happy there.  There was trouble within the organization and this has a negative impact on a team.  Secondly,  I'll agree that we disagree that Roman had no positive effect on Kaep  

Greg Roman will be the most hated man in the Bills org by the end of the year.   This was the absolute perfect landing spot for Rex because it is identical to what he had with the Jets when he started.

Just like with the Jets the defense is stacked with talent and will look good.  Just like the Jets the O has no QB and some other holes (oline).  When the Bills start losing because of the offense (an inconvenient part of any team from one of the Ryan blood line point of view) the oc will be roasted.  As will the next guy when he comes in, as will the next guy when he comes in.  The ocs will be given zero credit and all of the blame.

It's nice you and perhaps other bills fans like roman now Jeanie because it will not last, 100% guaranteed.

I am anxious to see Roman's playbook on the field.  It should be stated that Greg Roman also interviewed for the HC position before Rex.  Our GM, owners and Pres. were quite impressed with him and were happy that Rex chose him  

Ooh,  you're on a roll today.  LOL  First,  I am not making an excuse that Roman wasn't happy there.  There was trouble within the organization and this has a negative impact on a team.  Secondly,  I'll agree that we disagree that Roman had no positive effect on Kaep  

I dont know what his impact was on Kaep, but he was a talented player.  Something you don't have in Buffalo at QB.  Kaeps the only QB hes had any success working with, hardly makes his a QB guru as you keep claiming,

I am anxious to see Roman's playbook on the field.  It should be stated that Greg Roman also interviewed for the HC position before Rex.  Our GM, owners and Pres. were quite impressed with him and were happy that Rex chose him  

I'll give you a glimpse. Run, Run, Run Punt. Run, Run, Run Punt. Run, Run, Screen Pass Punt. Run, Run, Run Punt.

I dont know what his impact was on Kaep, but he was a talented player.  Something you don't have in Buffalo at QB.  Kaeps the only QB hes had any success working with, hardly makes his a QB guru as you keep claiming,

Well,  Harbaugh wouldn't hire and keep a coach that didn't contribute to the team.   You're right,  we don't have a talented QB.  When this season ends and we are at 10 and 6, come back and tell me how poorly Roman did with our O Line

Well,  Harbaugh wouldn't hire and keep a coach that didn't contribute to the team.   You're right,  we don't have a talented QB.  When this season ends and we are at 10 and 6, come back and tell me how poorly Roman did with our O Line

????? You're idea that he was good was because he had a job for 4 years?  

OK, you're flailing now, lol

The play book means nothing if you do not have a QB.  3/4 way through the season either McCoy or Watkins will be beefing about not getting the ball.

Well maybe but I don't believe our front office, et al are.  They were all high on Roman   :character0069:  

Pretty much every player on your roster, every QB, every coach from Rex on down your FO is high on according to you.  I mean they were high on this same group a year ago.  And the year before.  This FO's ability at making predictions isn't very good   :animal0029:

Pretty much every player on your roster, every QB, every coach from Rex on down your FO is high on according to you.  I mean they were high on this same group a year ago.  And the year before.  This FO's ability at making predictions isn't very good   :animal0029:

Well the owners and Ryan weren't here last year.  I wasn't on this board last year either.    So that leaves Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon.    How can anyone fault Whaley?  Incognito,  LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, Charles Clay.  Plus,  John Miller and Nick O'Leary are probably good enough to start.    When did I say that anyone was "high" on our QB's.  Our QB's each had their good days but nobody is ecstatic about our QB position.  And yes,  I do boast about our players.  Above and beyond the QB,  we are among the most talented in the league.  Don't know why Jets' fans don't like the Bills.  There's rarely a disparaging word about the Jets over on the Bills Mafia site.  Can't say the same for the Patriots or Dolphins.   :fighting0093:

The play book means nothing if you do not have a QB.  3/4 way through the season either McCoy or Watkins will be beefing about not getting the ball.

Obviously,  there will be pass plays.  I doubt McCoy or Watkins will be that unhappy if we win the game.

Well the owners and Ryan weren't here last year.  I wasn't on this board last year either.    So that leaves Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon.    How can anyone fault Whaley?  Incognito,  LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, Charles Clay.  Plus,  John Miller and Nick O'Leary are probably good enough to start.    When did I say that anyone was "high" on our QB's.  Our QB's each had their good days but nobody is ecstatic about our QB position.  And yes,  I do boast about our players.  Above and beyond the QB,  we are among the most talented in the league.  Don't know why Jets' fans don't like the Bills.  There's rarely a disparaging word about the Jets over on the Bills Mafia site.  Can't say the same for the Patriots or Dolphins.   :fighting0093:

Don't list Incognito on your list of positives.  He's a numbnut who caused problems everywhere he's been, destroyed his Dolphin team and after being a part of a horrible fins OL has missed a season plus of playing time.  A team desperate for help on their OL, a team with the worst OL in the game dumped his ass.  But in Buffalo hes now an asset.  

And you conveniently ignore the loses to your roster.  I get that.

Rex has been high on Cassel, high on EJ and high on Taylor.  Depends on the day with Rex.  Rex loves every single person associated with the Bills no matter if they're great or suck. He loved Amaro last year, this year he's not so good, will get his for opening his mouth.  Its what he does, sell tickets to the Titanic sinking.  

None of this has anything to do with not liking the Bills.  I don't like the Bills because they're divisional rivals playing for the same things as my team.  I'm not making stuff up or disparaging the team.  I'm giving reasons why I don't agree with you or things I don't like about the team.  Thats why we're here.  I could be wrong, doesn't change why I write what i write.  Works the same way with you, your overly optimistic beliefs aren't disparaging.  

Who cares?  He'd  be a good trade for the  number 1 or 2 spot  next year

You realize if he doesn't produce and keeps whining, moaning and calling out players and coaches you wont be able to give him away at this point of his career.  

Don't list Incognito on your list of positives.  He's a numbnut who caused problems everywhere he's been, destroyed his Dolphin team and after being a part of a horrible fins OL has missed a season plus of playing time.  A team desperate for help on their OL, a team with the worst OL in the game dumped his ass.  But in Buffalo hes now an asset.  

And you conveniently ignore the loses to your roster.  I get that.

Rex has been high on Cassel, high on EJ and high on Taylor.  Depends on the day with Rex.  Rex loves every single person associated with the Bills no matter if they're great or suck. He loved Amaro last year, this year he's not so good, will get his for opening his mouth.  Its what he does, sell tickets to the Titanic sinking.  

None of this has anything to do with not liking the Bills.  I don't like the Bills because they're divisional rivals playing for the same things as my team.  I'm not making stuff up or disparaging the team.  I'm giving reasons why I don't agree with you or things I don't like about the team.  Thats why we're here.  I could be wrong, doesn't change why I write what i write.  Works the same way with you, your overly optimistic beliefs aren't disparaging.  

No,  I am going to list Incognito on my list of outstanding players.  Yes,  there was a problem with Incognito in Miami.  There were a total of 4 (I believe) players involved in the bullying saga.   Simply put (and I am not saying this is an excuse) it was a joke that went bad.   How did  Incognito destroy his team?  It certainly wasn't there fine ability  to   win games.  When is the last time the Dolphins won more than 6 or 7 games in a season?  Back to Incognito. When I first read about Incognito coming to Buffalo,  I was a little concerned about his locker room personality.   My final analysis was that a lot of these players have skeletons in their closest.  And,  if our front office and HC thought he deserved a second chance,  then we should move forward.  I was most impressed about  what  I heard in one of his recent interviews.  Incognito seems to be an intelligent man who has also learned his lesson.  

Rex Ryan has not been high on our QB's.  On many occasions he has stated that we do not have a franchise QB.  He has pointed out each player's weaknesses and gave them credit on the days they did well.  Clearly,  I understand all of the negativity in this forum about Rex.  As a Bills' fan,  I am not on the same page.  

You realize if he doesn't produce and keeps whining, moaning and calling out players and coaches you wont be able to give him away at this point of his career.  

I think someone else would take him just like we did.  There's talk about using McCoy a lot this year.  I just hope Sammy doesn't get ticked off.  Love Watkins

No, the bills were the 100% perfect team for Rex and he knew it. Atlanta or Chicago? Nope, both have terrible defenses that he would actually have to build up. with Buff he has what he wants, great D personnel and once again he will be tied to 'his defense' rather than be accountable as a head coach.

Rex has never had a real qb why would he go to another team with no qb?

And even if you hate Rex you have to admit he is a good defensive coach he could have turned Atlanta's defense around probably better than Dan Quinn.

I think someone else would take him just like we did.  There's talk about using McCoy a lot this year.  I just hope Sammy doesn't get ticked off.  Love Watkins

No one will pay for an aging back who's a pain in the ass, who has a lot of miles on his body .

Rex has never had a real qb why would he go to another team with no qb?

And even if you hate Rex you have to admit he is a good defensive coach he could have turned Atlanta's defense around probably better than Dan Quinn.

By his own choice he 'never had a good QB' or at least he couldn't recognize a good one from a bad one.

Nope, look at the excuses for Rex's failure last year, 'he had no players' how can he be expected to win with no cbs?

Rex would be just like his brother and any of a number of DC's good players D is good, bad players D is bad.  It would take him 5 years worth of drafts dedicated to D to get the kind of D he would like.

No,  I am going to list Incognito on my list of outstanding players.  Yes,  there was a problem with Incognito in Miami.  There were a total of 4 (I believe) players involved in the bullying saga.   Simply put (and I am not saying this is an excuse) it was a joke that went bad.   How did  Incognito destroy his team?  It certainly wasn't there fine ability  to   win games.  When is the last time the Dolphins won more than 6 or 7 games in a season?  Back to Incognito. When I first read about Incognito coming to Buffalo,  I was a little concerned about his locker room personality.   My final analysis was that a lot of these players have skeletons in their closest.  And,  if our front office and HC thought he deserved a second chance,  then we should move forward.  I was most impressed about  what  I heard in one of his recent interviews.  Incognito seems to be an intelligent man who has also learned his lesson.  

Rex Ryan has not been high on our QB's.  On many occasions he has stated that we do not have a franchise QB.  He has pointed out each player's weaknesses and gave them credit on the days they did well.  Clearly,  I understand all of the negativity in this forum about Rex.  As a Bills' fan,  I am not on the same page.

1. Incognito never was an outstanding player. You're missing a big piece of this a

2. It wasn't a joke gone bad, it was a player abusing another player. You're way off here. Then again you looked for excuses when your OL coached hit a minor.

3. How he destroy his team? How can you ask?

4. You need to look at Ingonitos history. Thrown off a college team. Suspended from a 2nd. Tossed off NFL teams. Had a sexual harassment issue at a dolphin event that his HC washed away and then the bullying case. But hey, defend him, question the charges and ignore what happened and its effect on the team.

1. Incognito never was an outstanding player. You're missing a big piece of this a

2. It wasn't a joke gone bad, it was a player abusing another player. You're way off here. Then again you looked for excuses when your OL coached hit a minor.

3. How he destroy his team? How can you ask?

4. You need to look at Ingonitos history. Thrown off a college team. Suspended from a 2nd. Tossed off NFL teams. Had a sexual harassment issue at a dolphin event that his HC washed away and then the bullying case. But hey, defend him, question the charges and ignore what happened and its effect on the team.

Last  report is that Incognito is 20 yards ahead of the game.  He's in great shape and doing very well.  Incognito and Martin were close friends.  Apparently,  there were a lot of back and forth remarks.  There were a few other guys involved with the bully charge.  I am not saying Incognito was innocent or that he didn't deserve what he got.   There's a lot of players with a history.  It's the old Bill Clinton cliche.  Remember voters were not interested in his personal life (infidelity).  They wanted someone who could run the Country.    I DID NOT excuse Aaron Kromer.   I did think there was more to the story but at the end of the day,  his action to strike that kid was WRONG.    How can  I ask how Incognito destroyed his team? It's the wins and losses that count.  Like I mentioned earlier,  Miami hasn't seen more than 7 or 8 wins in a season for the best part of 10 years.  Nothing changed here since before, during or after Incognito.

Last report is that Incognito is 20 yards ahead of the game. He's in great shape and doing very well. Incognito and Martin were close friends. Apparently, there were a lot of back and forth remarks. There were a few other guys involved with the bully charge. I am not saying Incognito was innocent or that he didn't deserve what he got. There's a lot of players with a history. It's the old Bill Clinton cliche. Remember voters were not interested in his personal life (infidelity). They wanted someone who could run the Country. I DID NOT excuse Aaron Kromer. I did think there was more to the story but at the end of the day, his action to strike that kid was WRONG. How can I ask how Incognito destroyed his team? It's the wins and losses that count. Like I mentioned earlier, Miami hasn't seen more than 7 or 8 wins in a season for the best part of 10 years. Nothing changed here since before, during or after Incognito.

What you're clearly doing is making excuses for everything he has done. You refuse to admit that's he's a POS as a person and Rex would sell his soul to improve the horrible OL in Buffalo. You're out of your mind if you think what players do in the locker room is outside game and irrelevant and comparable to Clinton.

Miami hasn't won more than 7 or 8 games? Did you sleep through winning the division a few back. Doing something the Bills haven't done on 15 years, making the playoffs?

How did he ruin the fins? 20% of an already bad line was gone? After he put a wedge through the team? And forced every player to have to through repeated questions about the team? Through league investigations? All the talk of the HC and GM running the worst locker room in sports and waiting all to see if they would lose their jobs. Think that helped the fins win? I'm sure all are thanking Incogito to this day.

And through all of this you've managed to ignore all his other issues. As if they don't paint a clear picture of what Incognito is.

BTW, over the last 10 years I'll guess the fins as horrible as they've been have won more than the Bills have. I wouldn't go there

Bills list three quarterbacks as starters, because heck, why not?
Posted by Darin Gantt on August 10, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT
o-suzanne-somers-threes-company-facebookGetty Images

The most ridiculous three-legged race in the NFL is being contested in Buffalo, and at the moment, they’re all tied.

Via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, the initial depth chart released by the Bills lists Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel as starting quarterbacks.

That’s right, all three of them.

For one thing, these depth charts are almost always put together by a team’s media relations staff as opposed to the coaching staff. That’s not to say they’re wrong, as those guys watch practice too.

But the fact they can’t decide between the three says more about the candidates than the people paid to write their names down in order.

Bills coach Rex Ryan has said Cassel will start the preseason opener, but it’s clear they’re wide open to possibilities (or someone asserting himself).

At this point, they’re practically begging.

Bills list three quarterbacks as starters, because heck, why not?

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 10, 2015, 5:09 PM EDT

o-suzanne-somers-threes-company-facebookGetty Images

The most ridiculous three-legged race in the NFL is being contested in Buffalo, and at the moment, they’re all tied.

Via Mike Rodak of ESPN.com, the initial depth chart released by the Bills lists Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel as starting quarterbacks.

That’s right, all three of them.

For one thing, these depth charts are almost always put together by a team’s media relations staff as opposed to the coaching staff. That’s not to say they’re wrong, as those guys watch practice too.

But the fact they can’t decide between the three says more about the candidates than the people paid to write their names down in order.

Bills coach Rex Ryan has said Cassel will start the preseason opener, but it’s clear they’re wide open to possibilities (or someone asserting himself).

At this point, they’re practically begging.

Remember when Rex wouldn't release the depth chart when he was our HC?

What you're clearly doing is making excuses for everything he has done. You refuse to admit that's he's a POS as a person and Rex would sell his soul to improve the horrible OL in Buffalo. You're out of your mind if you think what players do in the locker room is outside game and irrelevant and comparable to Clinton.

Miami hasn't won more than 7 or 8 games? Did you sleep through winning the division a few back. Doing something the Bills haven't done on 15 years, making the playoffs?

How did he ruin the fins? 20% of an already bad line was gone? After he put a wedge through the team? And forced every player to have to through repeated questions about the team? Through league investigations? All the talk of the HC and GM running the worst locker room in sports and waiting all to see if they would lose their jobs. I'm sure all are thanking Incogito to this day

I'm not making excuses.  Just giving my opinion.  I do believe in second chances.  After Incognito was interviewed or met with Kim and Terry Pegula, Russ Brandon (Pres), Doug Whaley (GM) and Rex,  it was decided that we  would offer a one year contract.    As far as me sleeping through the Dolphins winning the division?  I must have because I don't recall a win just before, during or after Incognito left.  If one guy can destroy a locker room,  the HC deserves to be fired.  The players?  Martin seemed pretty weak to me.  

As far as 15 year drought?  The Jets can look forward to playing our 2 line on January 3rd in order to prevent our front line from injuries in preparation for the playoffs.   :tongue:

I'm not making excuses. Just giving my opinion. I do believe in second chances. After Incognito was interviewed or met with Kim and Terry Pegula, Russ Brandon (Pres), Doug Whaley (GM) and Rex, it was decided that we would offer a one year contract. As far as me sleeping through the Dolphins winning the division? I must have because I don't recall a win just before, during or after Incognito left. If one guy can destroy a locker room, the HC deserves to be fired. The players? Martin seemed pretty weak to me.

As far as 15 year drought? The Jets can look forward to playing our 2 line on January 3rd in order to prevent our front line from injuries in preparation for the playoffs. :tongue:

You're making excuses. You are when in light of 2 college suspensions one release from his first college due to behavioral issues, getting dumped from Rams due to behavioral issues, getting passes from the fins and then getting signed by a desperate HC you use second chances for an excuse.

The Jets could care less about you OL, it sucked before incognito and still will suck. He'll fit in with Rex's boast that the Bills will bully teams. He did sign a bully who also was voted numerous times to be the dirtiest player in the NFL. You'll love his signature move, the head butt

And hey, if the locker was destroyed by Inconito it was HCs fault. Lol there's no level you won't go to sell a Bill to us.

You're making excuses. You are when in light of 2 college suspensions one release from his first college due to behavioral issues, getting dumped from Rams due to behavioral issues, getting passes from the fins and then getting signed by a desperate HC you use second chances for an excuse.

The Jets could care less about you OL, it sucked before incognito and still will suck. He'll fit in with Rex's boast that the Bills will bully teams. He did sign a bully who also was voted numerous times to be the dirtiest player in the NFL. You'll love his signature move, the head butt

And hey, if the locker was destroyed by Inconito it was HCs fault. Lol there's no level you won't go to sell a Bill to us.

How could one person destroy a locker room of 53 men?  Sure it's possible but come on.  Rex Ryan is far from desperate but you have a right to your opinion and I won't finish what I would like to say.   :winking0001:

Archived