Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

Agree, he's become that shock guy real sports fans hate. All he's interested in doing is creating controversy and drawing moronic fans to his morning show

Guy breaks NY Ranger news before anyone else. He called the Martin St. Louis trade 2 weeks before it happened.

From Joe Caporoso of Turn On The Jets:

• "This is just a personal opinion: If you are celebrating this injury to Smith, victim blaming him or trying to justify a sucker punch by IK, then you are contributor to the perception of Jets fans being moronic…and chances are that adjective fits you well individually."

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

And who is this guy? Like I give a **** about what some random douchebag thinks about Jets fans.

In the 8 win year Geno had 12 tds and 21 picks he had better stats last year with 4 wins.. The team was lacking talent last year and Idzik sat on 50 million..

What's the dramatic difference in offensive talent this year? Carpenter, Ridley and Marshall? Those 3 guys are why all of you Geno lovers were so excited about his "big year" coming up?

Sure, #15 will have an impact but we did have Harvin last year. I know it's apples and oranges but my point is we aren't that different offensively.

Our O-line and backfield have little to no improvement. Our TE's are no better than 2014, and our WR corps went from a C to a B+.

The defense improved exponentially, but the overall offensive firepower is similar.

No reason to think he'd do any better in 2015.

Enjoy drinking out of a straw Geno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I see.  Your theory is the agenda was to not hurt Geno's feelings and not put pressure on a guy with aspirations of being a starting QB by naming him a starter.  So I go back to my earlier point, you MUST think our front office is full of idiots. 

I love everything I see about our front office.

I don't, for one minute, think that they thought that Geno Smith was the quarterback of their dreams when they were named rookie GM's and rookie HC's.  Do you?

SAR I

My boy called me up at work to tell me, I thought he was joking. I just can not believe this. It's so depressing. We can never get out of our own way.

Love that....2 generations of miserable fans.:)    I dont have sons but my nephew is a fan (early 20's).

Its comical to watch him shake his head.  He has no idea.....

What's the dramatic difference in offensive talent this year? Carpenter, Ridley and Marshall? Those 3 guys are why all of you Geno lovers were so excited about his "big year" coming up?

Sure, #15 will have an impact but we did have Harvin last year. I know it's apples and oranges but my point is we aren't that different offensively.

Our O-line and backfield have little to no improvement. Our TE's are no better than 2014, and our WR corps went from a C to a B+.

The defense improved exponentially, but the overall offensive firepower is similar.

No reason to think he'd do any better in 2015.

Enjoy drinking out of a straw Geno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you are comparing getting Harvin when our season was over to getting Marshall?

Forget it.  Boomer hasn't had a coherent thought since Bruce Smith leveled him.

Extend this to it's logical conclusion; we can all go down to our mortgage bank this very afternoon and slug the branch manager in the face. Mortgage forgiven!

• Upvote 1

Love that....2 generations of miserable fans.:) I dont have sons but my nephew is a fan (early 20's).

Its comical to watch him shake his head. He has no idea.....

My son is 2. Id like to think he'll be a Jets fan. Then again, I love him. So I'm not sure it's really such a good idea.

His mother's last name is the same as a star on GB and she has family in Wisconsin so she's doing her best to make him a Packer fan. She's probably right on this one.

Has any Jet fan on here actually expressed their concern about Geno's well being? Has anyone wished him their best and a speedy recovery? Does anyone on here even care that he is one of yours? I have read most of the hundreds of posts and don't remember seeing it mentioned.

Possibly the karma your team continually receives is based on the mindset of the fans. But what do I know. Just a thought.

Do you wonder what Enemkpali is actually doing right this minute? Is he packing to head out of town asap? Is he consulting a lawyer? Is he in a bar drinking and this incident is only the beginning of what is in store for him today? Is something worse going to happen before this day is over? Is there a mob still at work in NY, and are some heavy betters placing a hit on Enemkpali as we speak? Are concerned Jets players going to step up and handle Enemkpali in their own way? Are bookmakers already laying odds on if Enemkpali lives through the night? Is there any Jets fan out there anywhere with enough backbone and who is willing to step up and "take care of business" himself? These are questions a good in depth NY reporter would ask and seek an answers to.

Wait what ? A mob.. This is just football I don't know what goes in your circle . But I'm only concerned about the football stuff

And who is this guy? Like I give a **** about what some random douchebag thinks about Jets fans.

Well I guess he hit a nerve with you since you are taking this so personally.  Turn On The Jets is one of the BEST NY Jet FOOTBALL sites there is.   Love 'em or hate 'em, they know their football.  

www.turnonthejets.com  

• Upvote 1

I want to punch 98% of you in the jaw.

Also, as per Boomer Eisason, slug Woody Johnson in the noggin, PSL and season ticket bills are thereby  forgiven. Not sure how many people we all have to collectively slug to pay off the $18 trillion of national debt. Adam Smith, Ludwig Von Mises and Karl Marx knew nothing of this Esiasion Economic Value of Punching People In The Face Theory. You can learn something new every day.

My son is 2. Id like to think he'll be a Jets fan. Then again, I love him. So I'm not sure it's really such a good idea.

His mother's last name is the same as a star on GB and she has family in Wisconsin so she's doing her best to make him a Packer fan. She's probably right on this one.

being a Jet fan can build character.  Life isn't always easy, they provide a good lesson for kids plus no matter how good or bad they have been we stick w/ them and loyalty is a great trait to have.  GB sucked when I was a kid, they may suck again in the future and we may be a top team? who knows?

Doesn't mean you're allowed to look at pure W's and L's in a vacuum as evidence for why a QB is good or bad.  Very few QB's have played with defenses as consistently good as Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith got to play with from 2009-2014.  On the other side of the coin, the FIRST defense Fitz has been paired with that was any good were the 2014 Texans.  By and large Fitz has done his job well in this league, putting up 20+ points in games many times (I believe somewhere north of 80 times in his career) yet his defenses have failed him time and again.  Meanwhile guys like Sanchez and Geno have had great defenses yet still found ways to f*ck up.

In other words, over his career, Fitzpatrick has given his teams a much better chance to win than schmucks like Sanchez and Geno, who indeed are very much in the same category of QB.  The numbers show that to be true.

Can't do those comparisons w/o comparing head coaches as well. As we all know our R-ex coach didn't care if we had a QB .

Also, as per Boomer Eisason, slug Woody Johnson in the noggin, PSL and season ticket bills are thereby forgiven. Not sure how many people we all have to collectively slug to pay off the $18 trillion of national debt. Adam Smith, Ludwig Von Mises and Karl Marx knew nothing of this Esiasion Economic Value of Punching People In The Face. You can learn something new every day.

It pains me that his show draws ratings

I love everything I see about our front office.

I don't, for one minute, think that they thought that Geno Smith was the quarterback of their dreams when they were named rookie GM's and rookie HC's.  Do you?

SAR I

Why do you keep changing the circumstance of the conversation.  I never said QB of their dreams.  Let's be very clear.  You feel that today the Jets have become a better team because Geno is hurt and Fitz is in.  You backed that up with a claim that the only reason the FO was starting a clearly (in your mind) inferior player was because they didn't want to hurt his feelings, and because the clearly (in your mind) superior veteran player wouldn't be able to handle the stress of being named starter over an inferior player.  That's your position.  So you are saying that the coaching staff and FO was willing to put a burping, farting, low class average guy at the wheel of a top quality Beemer given the moves they made in FA and the draft, and you have no problem with that.  None?  I'm gonna tell you a little secret....Bowles, Mac, Gailey ALL felt Geno was a better QB than Fitz.  All along.  Nothing changed that perception.  Certainly not the multiple ducks Fitz threw the defense's way in practice.  Your darling FO and coaching staff thinks you're the idiot for thinking we just got better today.

Lost in the spotlight of fans salivating to watch Geno slip in any way possible so they could boo him and dole out a bunch of "told ya so's" is the fact that Fitz has had a terrible camp.  Horrid.  But it's all good, because a bunch of serious assholes just got their wish today.

Well I guess he hit a nerve with you since you are taking this so personally.  Turn On The Jets is one of the BEST NY Jet FOOTBALL sites there is.   Love 'em or hate 'em, they know their football.  

www.turnonthejets.com  

Never heard of it. And based on the douchebag representing the site, am not giving them any cite traffic. You know what is also moronic, jumping to conclusions like this moron has done. We don't know anything about what caused the fight to happen. 

I'm not celebrating he got hurt, but it's clear that this does not destroy the Jets season. And it is also clear that the hierarchy were not fools by going with Geno because they were looking for long term success over the short term initially (Snell41).

Vegas lowered their odds to win Week 1 by a half point when the Jets lost their starting QB. That's how much effect Geno Smith has.

And another thing. Take the 6 TD game away and Fitz had 11 TDs and 8 INTs. I WOULD STILL TAKE THAT over the production at QB the last 5 years.

Edited by UnitedWhofans

being a Jet fan can build character. Life isn't always easy, they provide a good lesson for kids plus no matter how good or bad they have been we stick w/ them and loyalty is a great trait to have. GB sucked when I was a kid, they may suck again in the future and we may be a top team? who knows?

Oh sure. They smoke us as a franchise though. They seem to know when to cut guys loose and how to build through a draft.

Why do you keep changing the circumstance of the conversation.  I never said QB of their dreams.  Let's be very clear.  You feel that today the Jets have become a better team because Geno is hurt and Fitz is in.  You backed that up with a claim that the only reason the FO was starting a clearly (in your mind) inferior player was because they didn't want to hurt his feelings, and because the clearly (in your mind) superior veteran player wouldn't be able to handle the stress of being named starter over an inferior player.  That's your position.  So you are saying that the coaching staff and FO was willing to put a burping, farting, low class average guy at the wheel of a top quality Beemer given the moves they made in FA and the draft, and you have no problem with that.  None?  I'm gonna tell you a little secret....Bowles, Mac, Gailey ALL felt Geno was a better QB than Fitz.  All along.  Nothing changed that perception.  Certainly not the multiple ducks Fitz threw the defense's way in practice.  Your darling FO and coaching staff thinks you're the idiot for thinking we just got better today.

Lost in the spotlight of fans salivating to watch Geno slip in any way possible so they could boo him and dole out a bunch of "told ya so's" is the fact that Fitz has had a terrible camp.  Horrid.  But it's all good, because a bunch of serious assholes just got their wish today.

Yes, the Jets are a better team today without a bad quarterback taking snaps from the eventual starter.

No, I never said that the only reason he was starting was to protect his ego.  I'm saying that today's social media savvy NFL controls the narrative and the Jets are making Geno feel more love than they should in an attempt to sway public opinion and help rebuild his psyche.  What happened at the end of camp might have been a different story.  But it was smart to enter camp with the incumbent feeling secure and loved.  This is NFL GM'ing 101.

SAR I