Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

This isn't misfortune. Misfortune is Geno jogging out to the practice field and he steps in a divot and tears his ACL. Something like this is so ridiculous it's kinda funny. But I do feel your pain man. Sorry.

shouldn't you be worried about how Ryan tannehill will choke away another playoff spot?  why are you in here trying to rub salt in the wound?

I'm sure he wanted him released. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a great coach. I don't know. What's silly, though, is the idea that players aren't the ones that are primarily responsible for their own behavior, and that coach is to blame whenever they act like they fools they are.

That has NOTHING what so ever to do with this thread.  Of course the player is responsible, that is why he was released.   

shouldn't you be worried about how Ryan tannehill will choke away another playoff spot?  why are you in here trying to rub salt in the wound?

Just a matter of time before all the trolls show up.   The smarter fans know not to talk sh*t because tomorrow, something could happen to one of their top players.  

• Upvote 1

This isn't misfortune. Misfortune is Geno jogging out to the practice field and he steps in a divot and tears his ACL. Something like this is so ridiculous it's kinda funny. But I do feel your pain man. Sorry.

pennallen.jpg

Pain?  LOL.

This is the second-best day in recent Jets history, only behind sending Chad Pennington to destroy Miami.

SAR I

Geno Smith's "career" in a nutshell, this.  Failure, Failure and now Tragic Comedy.

One has to wonder what Geno said or did to make his own teammate break his jaw.  His soft, egg-like, jaw.

Moving on....

I am excited to see what Fitz and Petty will do with their respective opportunity.  

I don't see that as remotely a "season ending" injury from a Franchise wins/loses standpoint.  Far from it, actually.  

I deeply hope that Fitz plays well enough that we never have to suffer through another Geno Smith snap.

• Upvote 1

fitz had 17 tds and 8 picks last year and he's reunited with gailey. i think the jets can have a great september.

6 of which came in one game when he was playing against a defense that my grandmother could shred with the weapons they had in Houston.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

fitz had 17 tds and 8 picks last year and he's reunited with gailey.  i think the jets can have a great september.

I believe you could be right.  Things happen for a reason, and Fitz has a golden opportunity that he will never get again in his career.  I think he will shine. 

• Upvote 1

Charges? Law suit? NFL punishment?

It would be interesting to see the witness list.

Most likely alot of "I didnt see nothin" coming up if the law and or league pushes it and contrary to other posts, what can Geno sue for. 

Isnt  he is still getting paid?

Best thing Geno can do now is change his panties and shut up.........oh wait his jaw is probably wired closed already.

• Thumb Down 1

Enough with this scrub.  Fitz is Montana next to Simms. No way I want Simms anywhere near our franchise.

Fair enough, maybe Heap steps up.  It is now an opportunity for him to make the team but the bottom line is we might need another qb.  We have one veteran and two rookie back ups.  Fitz goes down we are truly screwed... 

• Upvote 1