Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

Fair enough, maybe Heap steps up.  It is now an opportunity for him to make the team but the bottom line is we might need another qb.  We have one veteran and two rookie back ups.  Fitz goes down we are truly screwed... 

Please.

Whats the worst that can happen, the rookies are the worst starting QB's in the NFL?

I.e. they're Geno Smith 2013 and 2014?

So what.

Fitz/Petty/Heap is just fine till Geno gets back.   There is no need for shrill panic.

one has to wonder why Geno Smith would curse out the home fans and flip them the bird

one also has to wonder why Geno Smith missed all the meetings in San Diego and still got to start (they got blown out) 

I've had enough of the Geno Smith show. He's a terrible terrible QB. 

Rare day when my old brother Bit and I agree 100%.

• Upvote 1

If you point your finger in a guys face on the street in many a town you may be getting a knife or a bullet instead.

I wonder if this no fighting in camp rule is actually a problem?  2 or 3 scuffles in a pressure packed, hot competitiv3 camp can let off steam.  If you can't let off steam and can't hit the QB perhaps too much tension builds up for some.

one has to wonder why Geno Smith would curse out the home fans and flip them the bird

one also has to wonder why Geno Smith missed all the meetings in San Diego and still got to start (they got blown out)

I'm going to go ahead and ignore the opinion of a guy who defended the likes of Gholston and Dwayne Robertson.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

you mean the one voted the worst starting nfl qb 2 years in a row?

Yep, that's the one.  Our coaching staff and front office all unanimously agreed he was a better started than Fitz.  And not only that, they had no ties whatsoever to Geno to go out on that limb.  They could have abandoned ship on him as easily as BUF did on Manuel (even easier actually given he wasn't a first rounder, and Fitz is probably a better backup option than anything BUF has).  But yet they still stood firm backing Geno as the QB.  So if you're really this excited that Geno is gone, then you have to admit you think our entire new staff are idiots. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

The worst part is teammates were there and didn't step in and break this up, maybe it happened too quick we don't know. IK is not going to not hit the guy because he's the starting QB , thats how we think, unfortunately thats the last thing he's thinking about, if anything it probably makes him want to hit Geno more. If a teammate had the opportunity to break this up and didn't thats completely unacceptable .

• Upvote 1

You left out his signature "I'm leaving" douche move on draft day.

Havent you learned they hate it here when you make sense?

Fair enough, maybe Heap steps up.  It is now an opportunity for him to make the team but the bottom line is we might need another qb.  We have one veteran and two rookie back ups.  Fitz goes down we are truly screwed... 

A few years ago, I might have said go after Matt Flynn (just released by NE).  After seeing him play recently, guy is a scrub too.  Like you, hope one of the rooks steps up.

So you obviously do not support the new coaching staff and front office.  You must think they're idiots, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Great post. There was definitely a pattern here. No one seems to like Geno. On top of that his plays has been the very worst in the league two years running.

• Upvote 1

With the scrap heap of QB's looking terrible, and a lot of competition for roster spots, it'll be interesting to see what we do next.  Obviously you want to protect Petty from having to play earlier than he's ready, and Fitz has an injury history.  At the same time, it would make some sense to only roll with 2 QB's and stick Heap on the practice squad so we can carry 7 WR's or 7 CB's if needed.

Please.

Whats the worst that can happen, the rookies are the worst starting QB's in the NFL?

I.e. they're Geno Smith 2013 and 2014?

So what.

Fitz/Petty/Heap is just fine till Geno gets back.   There is no need for shrill panic.

Shrill panic?  Really?  Lol, you may have a point because the team is much better than those squads but the stakes are a bit higher right now don't you think?   

Yep, that's the one.  Our coaching staff and front office all unanimously agreed he was a better started than Fitz.  And not only that, they had no ties whatsoever to Geno to go out on that limb.  They could have abandoned ship on him as easily as BUF did on Manuel (even easier actually given he wasn't a first rounder, and Fitz is probably a better backup option than anything BUF has).  But yet they still stood firm backing Geno as the QB.  So if you're really this excited that Geno is gone, then you have to admit you think our entire new staff are idiots. 

it's not that i'm excited geno is out.  it's just that looking at the 2 qbs objectively, fitz in gailey's system isn't much difference from geno in this system.  the jets can still start the season 2-2, they play home vs cleveland and phily and miami in london.  they have weapons to help fitz out and the defense is still stacked.

With the scrap heap of QB's looking terrible, and a lot of competition for roster spots, it'll be interesting to see what we do next.  Obviously you want to protect Petty from having to play earlier than he's ready, and Fitz has an injury history.  At the same time, it would make some sense to only roll with 2 QB's and stick Heap on the practice squad so we can carry 7 WR's or 7 CB's if needed.

Matt Flynn has to be it right?