Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

the reps weren't split evenly they stacked the competition for Geno, just like last year and the year before. In a real, 50/50 split, where each plays with the 1's, fitz beats geno every time. 

Geno is the hopeful choice. You start this guy because you hope he turns into something. I'm done hoping. 30+ games I've seen enough. 

I love it when fans dream up detailed excuse why what everyone knows is true actually isn't true.

Fitz has been throwing weak armed passes into dbs hands all camp while Geno went 13 days without a pick.  In every single way imaginable Geno was beating Fitz for the starting job.

Eagles have too many quarterbacks, whichever one they decide to eject may find a soft landing here.  We will pick up another QB, goes without saying, and Philly seems to be one of the teams with an abundance of them.

SAR I

In reality they have 2 QBs, mayb1  1/2 considering Bradford durability.  they'd be foolish to get rid of sanchez. 

Yes so Bowles said he is night and day in training camp compared to mini Camp. Sound like he was moving down alright

I'm not going to debate NFL rhetoric in the Twitter era, the words that coaches utter today are dissected like never before and Bowles had a QB with a very fragile psyche.  I makes perfect sense that they'd throw endless platitudes at Smith to build him back up.  Seems like it worked, judging from what you're writing today.

SAR I

Did he ever have the type of defense or rushing attack that the current Jets provide him?

I honestly don't know the answer, but I've seen him put up huge numbers on occasion, perhaps some coaching to keep him low-risk is what it takes.  And unlike Smith, Fitzpatrick is a veteran and his maturity will help him here.

SAR I

Yes he has.  That BUF team that started 6-0 was solid as hell  They had one huge thing holding them down, and it was Fitz for the remaining 10 games. 

Boomer Esiason on twitter:

Bottom line if you owe somebody money pay your debt. Don't be surprised if you get punched in the face if you don't.

This might be the most idiotic tweet that comes out of this.  So if someone owes me money I can sucker punch them?  Let me ask you this moron, why is IK unemployed if its ok? 

LOLWUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The pressure on Tyrod Taylor/Matt Cassell must be enormous right now, taking the job from EJ Manuel. 

So let me get this right, I need to be real clear.  Ryan Fitz would have been under too much pressure if he was named the starter.  That's what you're saying.  Furthermore, Geno, who obviously isn't worth a damn in your eyes anyway, would have been dejected.  So a good coach doesn't name the better player as starter because it's too much pressure on the better player, and could hurt the feelings of the sh*tty player.  You realize that's what you just said. 

I'm not saying I agree with it, but we've seen this before countless times.

Head coach or GM says things are rosy and great with the existing QB to build his fragile ego up in the preseason, start singing a different tune the moment his backup outplays him.  Don't take press conferences at face value.  There is always an agenda.

SAR I

I understand that.  the point is it's been proven a team can win at least 8 games w/ geno, despite playing on better teams Fitz has only been part of as many as 6 wins as a starter in any season.

trust me im not high on fitzpatrick either. geno has plenty of physical talent but a 2 cent brain. fitzpatrick has a higher floor but low ceiling. neither player is our franchise qb. our franchise qb is either petty or is coming this offseason hopefully

• Upvote 1

This might be the most idiotic tweet that comes out of this.  So if someone owes me money I can sucker punch them?  Let me ask you this moron, why is IK unemployed if its ok? 

How does a 2nd rd QB owe a 6th rd pick LB'er money unless it was a bet?? It makes no sense..

I'm sorry he's hurt, with that being said, you don't get punched in the face unless your disrespecting someone hardcore. Gino is an arrogant qb who was ranked LAST in the NFL coming into this season so he has nothing to be arrogant about. Since he's ranked last, it can't be worse for the team.

Yup.  When someone gets sucker punched, it has to be their fault, they must deserve it.  Geno is arrogant, and sucks so he should get punched.  

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to debate NFL rhetoric in the Twitter era, the words that coaches utter today are dissected like never before and Bowles had a QB with a very fragile psyche. I makes perfect sense that they'd throw endless platitudes at Smith to build him back up. Seems like it worked, judging from what you're writing today.

SAR I

You literally discuss football like somebody's annoying wife. Laughable

• Upvote 1

Guy is facing an ever-increasing level of irrelevancy.  Probably put it out there for shock value and to drum up posts.

For what it's worth, I shut off B&C over a year ago and have not looked back.  Music in the morning is light years better than those morons.

One question - why is it that a QB can't play w/ a broken jaw? Derek Stepan of the Rangers broke his jaw in the playoffs 2 years ago and didn't mss a single game (and played well).

Is it due to having to call out the signals?

They get hit in the jaw/head/face all the time.

One question - why is it that a QB can't play w/ a broken jaw?  Derek Stepan of the Rangers broke his jaw in the playoffs 2 years ago and didn't mss a single game (and played well).

Is it due to having to call out the signals?

I think it's because his jaw is wired shut.  Gotta make yelling out calls impossible.

I'm not going to debate NFL rhetoric in the Twitter era, the words that coaches utter today are dissected like never before and Bowles had a QB with a very fragile psyche.  I makes perfect sense that they'd throw endless platitudes at Smith to build him back up.  Seems like it worked, judging from what you're writing today.

SAR I

So why comment on anything, its all BS.

We're all wasting our time

This is the same mock outrage i heard when Rex left Sanchez out there to get hurt in the preseason!!

CMON GUYS, GENO IS TERRIBLE

If my choice is watching Geno play horribly, or watching another guy potentially play average to horrible why not have some fresh meat in there?

Geno will NEVER be a winning NFL QB. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy is facing an ever-increasing level of irrelevancy.  Probably put it out there for shock value and to drum up posts.

For what it's worth, I shut off B&C over a year ago and have not looked back.  Music in the morning is light years better than those morons.

while i dont like booomer ever since he came to the jets and sucked. i hate carton even more.

• Upvote 1

Agree, he's become that shock guy real sports fans hate.  All he's interested in doing is creating controversy and drawing moronic fans to his morning show

• Upvote 1

Yeah because he just forfeited his entire NFL salary and possibly his career over "some money he was owed".   He just totally ****ed himself because he had no self control, yet fans are agreeing with this kind of behavior.   I hope it was worth it. Smdh. 

• Upvote 1

If my choice is watching Geno play horribly, or watching another guy potentially play average to horrible why not have some fresh meat in there?

Geno will NEVER be a winning NFL QB. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except for the fact that those arent the only alternatives you would have a point

I'm not saying I agree with it, but we've seen this before countless times.

Head coach or GM says things are rosy and great with the existing QB to build his fragile ego up in the preseason, start singing a different tune the moment his backup outplays him.  Don't take press conferences at face value.  There is always an agenda.

SAR I

Yes I see.  Your theory is the agenda was to not hurt Geno's feelings and not put pressure on a guy with aspirations of being a starting QB by naming him a starter.  So I go back to my earlier point, you MUST think our front office is full of idiots.