Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

Guy breaks NY Ranger news before anyone else. He called the Martin St. Louis trade 2 weeks before it happened.

So he has someone working for him or the station who feeds him a hockey trade.

That means he can condone a person getting sucker punched and having his jaw broken?

Extend this to it's logical conclusion; we can all go down to our mortgage bank this very afternoon and slug the branch manager in the face. Mortgage forgiven!

how does this work exactly? how much money is a haymaker to the jaw worth? i need to know how many times i'm punching my boss in the face tomorrow

Never heard of it. And based on the douchebag representing the site, am not giving them any cite traffic. You know what is also moronic, jumping to conclusions like this moron has done. We don't know anything about what caused the fight to happen. 

Doesn't matter what caused the fight. YOU DON'T PUNCH YOUR STARTING QB IN THE FACE.  WHAT PART OF THAT ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING? I DON'T CARE WHO THE QB IS.    THAT IS WHY IK IS RELEASED, GET IT??   

I also don't know if you are having an issue with reading comprehension so I will re-post exactly what he said:

• This is just a personal opinion: If you are celebrating this injury to Smith, victim blaming him or trying to justify a sucker punch by IK, then you are contributor to the perception of Jets fans being moronic…and chances are that adjective fits you well individually.

That is pretty cut and dried. No jumping to conclusions it is pretty simple.   Btw I could care less if you visit their site or not, I just wanted to know this isn't just some yahoo, running off at the mouth on the internet. 

• Upvote 1

Doesn't matter what caused the fight. YOU DON'T PUNCH YOUR STARTING QB IN THE FACE.  WHAT PART OF THAT ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING? I DON'T CARE WHO THE QB IS.    THAT IS WHY IK IS RELEASED, GET IT??   

I also don't know if your are having an issue with reading comprehension so I will repost exactly what he said:

• This is just a personal opinion: If you are celebrating this injury to Smith, victim blaming him or trying to justify a sucker punch by IK, then you are contributor to the perception of Jets fans being moronic…and chances are that adjective fits you well individually.

That is pretty cut and dried. No jumping to conclusions it is pretty simple.   Btw I could care less if you visit their site or not, I just wanted to know this isn't just some yahoo, running off at the mouth on the internet. 

Except it is. Once again who the **** is this guy that I should give a sh*t about his opinion? He isn't famous, is a ******* reporter for some sh*t cite I've never even heard of. Guy needs to get off his high horse, his opinion is worth sh*t in the world. Also, it is justifiable from an emotional standpoint depending on the reasons for the fight. Was it smart of IK to do, obviously no, he should of handled it better. But I'm not about to lambast the kid when I don't know the whole story.

Get behind Fitzy is my motto now- we want to see the Jets suceed

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!

Its all about bleeding green...

Pro Geno or Pro Fitz, bottom line is on 9/13 if Geno was out there we'd be rooting for him to win. Now we will all be rootong for Fitz..When Geno healthy, I trust Bowles to handle it properly,

So he has someone working for him or the station who feeds him a hockey trade.

That means he can condone a person getting sucker punched and having his jaw broken?

Yeesh. Take it down a notch, Sparky.

If you pay attention to anything at all Boomer/NYR It's clear he has someone in the NYR front office. That's all I'm saying.

On that note, your tough guy know-it-all schtick is tiresome. You're way too confrontational to take seriously. If I didn't know better I'd say you, JETSfaninDenver and FSU_Jets or whatever are the same person. Just some constructive criticism.

We'll see what happens.  Fitz shouldn't be playing more than one series per preseason appearance.

Which is also a problem. Fitz will not be asked to do much in preseason out of fear of exposing him to an injury. Jets fans that don't realize how bad this injury is for the Jets are just clueless. Maybe Fitz stays healthy and maybe he gets enough Reps to start the season right, but we are on very thin ice now. 

Except it is. Once again who the **** is this guy that I should give a sh*t about his opinion? He isn't famous, is a ******* reporter for some sh*t cite I've never even heard of. Guy needs to get off his high horse, his opinion is worth sh*t in the world. Also, it is justifiable from an emotional standpoint depending on the reasons for the fight. Was it smart of IK to do, obviously no, he should of handled it better. But I'm not about to lambast the kid when I don't know the whole story.

Okay whatever, I'm done.  If that was you, you would be out of job and possibly a career.  Please try to explain that to your family.  There is such a thing called self-control.  He could have shoved or pushed Geno out of his face.  He didn't do that, instead HE PUNCHED HIM POINT BLANK IN THE FACE and broke his jaw in two places in the process.  You go ahead and rationalize that anyway you want.   If you or I did that at the work place we would be fired immediately AND arrested. 

• Upvote 1

From Joe Caporoso of Turn On The Jets:

• "This is just a personal opinion: If you are celebrating this injury to Smith, victim blaming him or trying to justify a sucker punch by IK, then you are contributor to the perception of Jets fans being moronic…and chances are that adjective fits you well individually."

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

I'm not celebrating the fact that he's in pain.  If I could undo what IK did today I would.  However, I'm just not upset that the worst starting QB in the league is no longer being handed the job. 

Which is also a problem. Fitz will not be asked to do much in preseason out of fear of exposing him to an injury. Jets fans that don't realize how bad this injury is for the Jets are just clueless. Maybe Fitz stays healthy and maybe he gets enough Reps to start the season right, but we are on very thin ice now. 

Fitz is an intelligent enough qb he doesn't need a lot of reps in the preseason.  The preseason is way too long to begin with.

Yes, the Jets are a better team today without a bad quarterback taking snaps from the eventual starter.

No, I never said that the only reason he was starting was to protect his ego. I'm saying that today's social media savvy NFL controls the narrative and the Jets are making Geno feel more love than they should in an attempt to sway public opinion and help rebuild his psyche. What happened at the end of camp might have been a different story. But it was smart to enter camp with the incumbent feeling secure and loved. This is NFL GM'ing 101.

SAR I

Wow this just gets better and better. Enter camp loving the guy and swaying public opinion to love the guy that will eventually have no future with the team because they know they already have the secret weapon and better player in Ryan Fitzpatrick. NFL GM 101 right there folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also don't know if you are having an issue with reading comprehension so I will re-post exactly what he said:

Btw, Boomer and Carter also shared their opinion on the fight. And guess what their opinion matters a whole lot more then some douchebag who has never played in the NFL commenting on a locker room fight. So once again who is this douchebag that thinks he is so important that he represents Jets fans and his opinion is so important to how Jets fans are perceived? He's a ******* nobody on a high horse. 

I'm not celebrating the fact that he's in pain.  If I could undo what IK did today I would.  However, I'm just not upset that the worst starting QB in the league is no longer being handed the job. 

Worst starting qb got injured?  I didn't know Brian Hoyer got hurt.

The one silver lining is we avoid a silly qb controversy early on in the season when we should be getting off to a quick start piling on W's.  If Geno played less than perfect the anti-Geno people would have screamed for his head.

Great point.  But now you will have the mouth breathers calling for Petty after the first Int Fitz throws.... 

Lets hope Petty takes advantage of 8 weeks of getting reps that a #2 QB gets in practice. Will quicken his knowledge of system with more reps than as the #3. One bad hit to Fitz its 'Petty time'

Give Petty as much reps as possible in the preseason.  No sense in exposing Fitz to injury and Grossman is what he is a body to hold a clipboard.

Never heard of it. And based on the douchebag representing the site, am not giving them any cite traffic. You know what is also moronic, jumping to conclusions like this moron has done. We don't know anything about what caused the fight to happen. 

Well if you caught the Bowles presser you get an idea.  It was quick, may have been bad blood, Geno was sucker punched, defensless.  Did nothing to deserve this, didn't put his finger in IKs face.  Players broke it up right away, happened to quick to avoid.  Unless you threaten someones family, without hitting someone first there is no excuse for hitting someone like Geno was hit.  

I'm not celebrating the fact that he's in pain. If I could undo what IK did today I would. However, I'm just not upset that the worst starting QB in the league is no longer being handed the job.

Handed the starting job? He's outplayed Fitz in every facet of the preseason thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I get it. But I don't think he was handed anything; he was still in the process of winning or losing the job as we didn't even have the first preseason game.