Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 4.23.12 PM

The only people I’ve seen imply this gambling debt angle so far is Boomer and Incarcerated Bob. So who knows if its true. Whats weird is that while Bob is a total fraud and cant be trusted (Example #2,571, 547) and Boomer is the total opposite. I’d trust him 100%. The tweet seems a little out of character – usually he plays it more PC and down the middle and isnt quick to judge or rush into anything before knowing all the facts. He usually stays above the fray on stuff like this, whether its on Twitter or the morning show.

But if he’s willing to tweet it out, it makes me think that this is probably the case. Couple that with Todd Bowles saying it had nothing to do with football and was an argument 6th graders would have, and it seems like something along the lines of a gambling debt could very well be the case. And if that is the case, that is not a good look for Geno. First from the point of view of just being a man about your debt. We’re talking about a staring QB owing a 6th round pick some money. Pay up dude. Come on. And secondly just this idea that you have unpaid gambling debts with your teammates and you’re wagging your fingers in his face when he’s trying to collect – that is not what I want to hear about my supposed franchise QB. I’m not gonna sit here and be all preachy about being a leader and sh*t, but its kinda true. If your quarterback is supposed to be a leader of men and have the respect of his locker room and all that sh*t, then welching on your bets and getting catty when its time to pay up aint the way to go about it. Makes Geno sound like a pussy and makes the locker room seem as dysfunctional as ever. Just need a guy to **** someone else’s wife and we’ll be ready for Season 2 of Ballers.

Wow this just gets better and better. Enter camp loving the guy and swaying public opinion to love the guy that will eventually have no future with the team because they know they already have the secret weapon and better player in Ryan Fitzpatrick. NFL GM 101 right there folks.

You're trying to ruin my excellent feel-good buzz of Geno Jaw Day.

Not happening.  I hereby abdicate the victory in this argument to you, Snell.  Geno was a great quarterback, he was going to win the division, alone again, naturally.

SAR I

Well if you caught the Bowles presser you get an idea.  It was quick, may have been bad blood, Geno was sucker punched, defensless.  Did nothing to deserve this, didn't put his finger in IKs face.  Players broke it up right away, happened to quick to avoid.  Unless you threaten someones family, without hitting someone first there is no excuse for hitting someone like Geno was hit.  

Didn't Geno not pay back his debts? In that case Geno essentially was stealing money from him, and probably treated him like sh*t to. Once again was it dumb of him to punch Geno, yes, however I could understand it from an emotional standpoint that lead him to punching Geno in the face.

@briancoz

Bowles won't say if Geno put his finger in IK's face, but says even if he did that does not warrant throwing a punch #nyj

Bowles said Geno did not hit IK back. He did not have a chance to. #nyj

Geno Smith: "My only goal is to heal quickly and get back playing with my teammates so I can be the best QB possible for the NY Jets." #nyj

I'm not celebrating the fact that he's in pain.  If I could undo what IK did today I would.  However, I'm just not upset that the worst starting QB in the league is no longer being handed the job. 

If he was the worst starting QB in the league you could be right.  But he wasn't the worst a year ago and wouldnt have been the worst this year.  Leading to Joe Caporosos point 

Didn't Geno not pay back his debts? In that case Geno essentially was stealing money from him, and probably treated him like sh*t to. Once again was it dumb of him to punch Geno, yes, however I could understand it from an emotional standpoint that lead him to punching Geno in the face.

Dudes a hot head . He said it himself after beating up that undercover cop. Guess he hasn't learned from it like he said he did .

From Joe Caporoso of Turn On The Jets:

• "This is just a personal opinion: If you are celebrating this injury to Smith, victim blaming him or trying to justify a sucker punch by IK, then you are contributor to the perception of Jets fans being moronic…and chances are that adjective fits you well individually."

I couldn't have said it better myself. 

Hip Hip IK Hip Hip IK Horray!

Btw, Boomer and Carter also shared their opinion on the fight. And guess what their opinion matters a whole lot more then some douchebag who has never played in the NFL commenting on a locker room fight. So once again who is this douchebag that thinks he is so important that he represents Jets fans and his opinion is so important to how Jets fans are perceived? He's a ******* nobody on a high horse. 

Boomer and Carton opinions mean less than dogsh*t.   I think I would go with the opinion of Todd Bowles and the Jets Org who are backing Smith and have since released IK.  But you go on with what ever suits your agenda as a Geno Hater. 

How do you know that Geno owed him money or didn't pay him back?  And how do you know its stealing?  It want dumb to punch him even under those circumstances, its criminal.  And IK was dumped and sh1t on by Bowles at the presser for that reason.

Only an idiot would argue that if your owed money youre free to sucker punch someone like a pussy 

Well Fitz starter,,expect Amaro#s to rise and more dump offs to RBs... safe passes, heavy on run, take sack or throw out of bounds if safety valve (amaro/rb dump off covered)[/quote

Dude is currently #3 on depth chart dont be so quick to think Amaro is doing anything

Well Fitz starter,,expect Amaro#s to rise and more dump offs to RBs... safe passes, heavy on run, take sack or throw out of bounds if safety valve (amaro/rb dump off covered)

Call me an optimist but I think Fitz will be the starter the whole season or until he gets hurt.  Could be Vinny II

Boomer and Carton opinions mean less than dogsh*t.   I think I would go with the opinion of Todd Bowles and the Jets Org who are backing Smith and have since released IK.  But you go on with what ever suits your agenda as a Geno Hater. 

Their opinions mean a whole lot more then this douchebags opinion. And sounds like Bowles was disappointed in Smith more then anything. I'd hardly call that backing.

If he was the worst starting QB in the league you could be right.  But he wasn't the worst a year ago and wouldnt have been the worst this year.  Leading to Joe Caporosos point 

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/172279/espn-survey-jets-signal-caller-geno-smith-ranks-last-among-qbs

7/22/2015

ESPN survey: Jets' signal caller Geno Smith ranks last among QBs

Their opinions mean a whole lot more then this douchebags opinion. And sounds like Bowles was disappointed in Smith more then anything. I'd hardly call that backing.

Who gives a rats ass what Boner and Corny think.  They should stick to stealing from Howard Stern.

• Upvote 1