Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

He said emphatically that Geno was innocent.  That no one deserves to be hit, sucker punched, for any reason other than threatening your family.

So you continue to post sh1t thats idiotic and wrong

He quote on quote said, "I didn't say Geno was innocent". Go **** yourself and go in the camp tweets page and read the tweets their.

A hall of famer in the NFL. Who exactly is the guy your defending? What the **** has he done in the NFL.

WTF are you talking about.  Getting sucker punched in the face and having your jaw broken isnt a football issue, its a human issue.  Has nothing to do with football, theres no qualifying it as a football situation.  Its an assault that I hope Geno charges IK with and has him jailed.  Its not IKs first attack of someone

Theres no locker room mentality that needs to be addressed.  You don't hit someone in the face without provocation because youre in a locker room

I'm hearing from a source (I sound like Mike Francessa) in the locker room that Geno owed IK money (not clear how much yet), and they were also fighting over a girl.  Geno said something bad about IK's mom and that's when he popped him.

Proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Geno is dumb.  As someone else pointed out earlier, you see the size of IK?  Only thing I'm talking to him about is if he wants another beer.

• Upvote 1

WTF are you talking about.  Getting sucker punched in the face and having your jaw broken isnt a football issue, its a human issue.  Has nothing to do with football, theres no qualifying it as a football situation.  Its an assault that I hope Geno charges IK with and has him jailed.  Its not IKs first attack of someone

Theres no locker room mentality that needs to be addressed.  You don't hit someone in the face without provocation because youre in a locker room

Except their is. It looks poorly of Geno, who is supposed to be a ******* leader of this team, getting into fights with team mates. 

He quote on quote said, "I didn't say Geno was innocent". Go **** yourself and go in the camp tweets page and read the tweets their.

No moron, he said no one is innocent in that it take two.  But he said that there is no situation, unless you're hit first of make threats to family where you put a hand on another person.  End of story, I listened to the presser and you didnt 

I'm hearing from a source (I sound like Mike Francessa) in the locker room that Geno owed IK money (not clear how much yet), and they were also fighting over a girl.  Geno said something bad about IK's mom and that's when he popped him.

Good, had it coming. Pay your debts or don't gamble, it's pretty simple. If this is a case of Geno not paying up what he owed than shoving his finger another grown mans face, he got what he deserved. I know some are more evolved than me but I would have done the same thing, Geno hasn't acted like a leader since he got here

• Thumb Down 1

Except Carter and Boomer know what it's like in the culture of a NFL locker room. This dbag doesn't.

His opinion wasn't even really football related? He said if you're celebrating or trying to justify a sucker punch then you're contributing to the negative stereotype of Jets fans. Unless Geno actually did something horrible, and according to Bowles nothing he did warranted a sucker punch. So, if you are the type of fan this guy is talking about and are saying IK was right to punch him or Geno deserved it, I agree that you contribute to misrepresention of Jet fans and that the word moronic probably applies to you.

• Upvote 1

WTF does that even mean. He's a true fan? Get out here with that sh*t, he's a ******* nobody on a high horse acting like his opinion actually means sh*t for the Jets fanbase. And also I'd take Boomer and Carton seriously when it comes to locker room stuff, because they've been a part of the culture in the locker rooms and are more a like the NFL players then you think.

What high horse???? You seem really angry for some reason and don't understand why this has gotten you so worked up.   Forget who said what; does what he said make sense or not?  Apparently to you it doesn't so I will leave there and we can agree to disagree.   

If you are interested in some really good Jets talk and analysis feel free to check them wwwdotturnonthejetsdotcom.    Maybe when you calm down.....  

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/08/is_michael_vick_hinting_that_the_jets_have_called.html

As you may remember from last month (or, heck, an hour or two ago), tweets with just emojis can be very, very powerful. Just ask the Los Angeles Clippers.

So, we present to you this tweet from ex-Jets quarterback Michael Vick not long after he sent his prayers to former teammate Geno Smith, whose broken jaw will leave him out 6-to-10 weeks.

What does it mean, Michael? Did the Jets reach out to you to play football? Is that your way of saying you want to play for the Jets again? Are you just screwing around with us? Say something, anything, besides a little football icon!!

Except their is. It looks poorly of Geno, who is supposed to be a ******* leader of this team, getting into fights with team mates. 

He was punched, he didn't punch anyone.  He didn't start the fight.  Its not bad enough IK decided to hit his starting QB and taking him out morons have to make up reasons why Geno should never have allowed himself to be punched.  How hard is this for you?

Good, had it coming. Pay your debts or don't gamble, it's pretty simple. If this is a case of Geno not paying up what he owed than shoving his finger another grown mans face, he got what he deserved. I know some are more evolved than me but I would have done the same thing, Geno hasn't acted like a leader since he got here

Pretty much true, especially when the other guy is 260 lbs of raw African muscle.

No moron, he said no one is innocent in that it take two.  But he said that there is no situation, unless you're hit first of make threats to family where you put a hand on another person.  End of story, I listened to the presser and you didnt 

And how is that different from my post of saying he was disappointed in both of them? Sounds to me like he expected both of them to handle it better. 

His opinion wasn't even really football related? He said if you're celebrating or trying to justify a sucker punch then you're contributing to the negative stereotype of Jets fans. Unless Geno actually did something horrible, and according to Bowles nothing he did warranted a sucker punch. So, if you are the type of fan this guy is talking about and are saying IK was right to punch him or Geno deserved it, I agree that you contribute to misrepresention of Jet fans and that the word moronic probably applies to you.

Jets fans really are the worst. We deserve what we get thanks to jokers celebrating injuries like artimus and SAR I

Another one, he didn't put his finger in anyones face.  And we don't even know that he owed anyone money.  And if you owe someone money they dont' get to punch you in the face, doesn't work that way.  

No excuse for punching the starting quarterback of your team.  That's where the argument should end.  I don't give a **** if he said something about his mother.  Stop being a little child and be a man.  Instead, this man just ruined his career.

He was punched, he didn't punch anyone.  He didn't start the fight.  Its not bad enough IK decided to hit his starting QB and taking him out morons have to make up reasons why Geno should never have allowed himself to be punched.  How hard is this for you?

He apparently shoved his finger in his face and didn't pay his debts along with probably acting like an all a round a$$hole to the guy. This is the guy your defending. Should he have gotten punched in the face, no probably should of handled it better. But did Geno Smith deserve it, most likely yes.

• Thumb Down 1

My son is 2. Id like to think he'll be a Jets fan. Then again, I love him. So I'm not sure it's really such a good idea.

His mother's last name is the same as a star on GB and she has family in Wisconsin so she's doing her best to make him a Packer fan. She's probably right on this one.

Let him go man....just let him go

• Upvote 1