Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

I don't know If I were Geno I would have handled this differently.  As soon as I knew I couldn't attend his camp I'd have called IK and let him know I couldn't attend and the reason why.  The next thing I would have done is refunded the plane ticket cost because its for a charity AND I gave my word I would attend.  Then first day of camp I would have again appoligized to IK about missing his camp and promised him next time he runs a camp I'd attend.

I bet I wouldn't have been punched in the face today.

I don't know If I were Geno I would have handled this differently.  As soon as I knew I couldn't attend his camp I'd have called IK and let him know I couldn't attend and the reason why.  The next thing I would have done is refunded the plane ticket cost because its for a charity AND I gave my word I would attend.  Then first day of camp I would have again appoligized to IK about missing his camp and promised him next time he runs a camp I'd attend.

Connor Cook, baby

• Upvote 1

Makes logical sense to me... but then again Geno is no Mensa member.

• Upvote 1

This is silly. You don't know IK's situation or what 600 bucks means to his charity. You also don't know anything that was said. I'm not saying Geno deserved to be punched, but almost nobody was ever punched without reason.

The minimum salary for a practice squad player for the upcoming 2015 season will be $6,600 per week.  Assuming each player is paid only the minimum, then the salary cap charge for the season for each player will be $112,200 ($6,600 x 17 weeks). 

IK should have been able to wait for the money.

The minimum salary for a practice squad player for the upcoming 2015 season will be $6,600 per week.  Assuming each player is paid only the minimum, then the salary cap charge for the season for each player will be $112,200 ($6,600 x 17 weeks). 

Don't think it was the money.  It was the principal, disrespect from Geno Smith and a loose cannon throwing a punch.  Perfect storm.

The minimum salary for a practice squad player for the upcoming 2015 season will be $6,600 per week. Assuming each player is paid only the minimum, then the salary cap charge for the season for each player will be $112,200 ($6,600 x 17 weeks).

You don't know his family situation or anything of that nature. And it was for his charity. Not him. That said, it may have been more of the principle of the thing.

And you can take the same stance the other way. Geno is a higher round pick and gets paid more money to play. He should have just paid the $600 and been done with it.

Revis was just saying that dudes were aware that something had been brewing between these two. Two points on that; if someone saw something one of the team leaders should have stepped up and said something to either Geno, IK, or the HC and 2: Geno has to stop being a thug, especially when the dude who is mad at him is twice his size. He should have written a check or handed him cash and said "look dude stay away from me and I'll stay away from you". There is a lot of blame to go around and yea Thor, there are some true idiots posting in this thread.

• Upvote 2

It had to be for IK to be cut a locker room altercation a fist fight I doubt he's cut immediately

Possibly. Unless the team voted him off the team than it may have been the case.

Again I didn't like Bowles statement at all!

Why haven't they cut Richardson?

You can't have a double standard here.