Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

geno smith gets punched out Petty finds himself the week one starter and goes on to be the best qb in football-winning the superbowl and getting elected to the pro bowl

looks like I chose a bad week to stop sniffing glue

anything that gets Geno off the field is good news. Those who had deluded themselves into thinking he'd be better, sorry but you are wrong. Geno is garbage. This should have been a real competition from day 1.  Hopefully Smith never plays a down for the Jets again. 

1) it doesn't really affect the jets chances of winning.

2) it brings petty one step closer to starting

3) it should bring the lockerroom closer

geno smith gets punched out Petty finds himself the week one starter and goes on to be the best qb in football-winning the superbowl and getting elected to the pro bowl

looks like I chose a bad week to stop sniffing glue

well fitzgerald is the starter now so idk what youre talking about. petty is not ready to play in the nfl

• Upvote 1

I want to know what the other player reactions were. If the players on the offense (I'm looking at you, Marshall) DIDN'T rally behind Geno and rough up IK for what he did, then THAT would tell us how the locker room feels about Geno. If they calmly separated the two, then you know that they felt he had it comin'.

I'm hoping they were alone when it happened. I'd like to think their teammates would have gotten between them before things got out of hand.

B_66zVIUYAAwIDN.jpg

How much do you think Revis and Cro paid to have Enemkpali deliver the death blow?

1M?  2M?  I'd have done it on GoFundMe if they simply had asked.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

anything that gets Geno off the field is good news. Those who had deluded themselves into thinking he'd be better, sorry but you are wrong. Geno is garbage. This should have been a real competition from day 1. Hopefully Smith never plays a down for the Jets again.

Flipside now a built in excuse for geno "we need another year to evaluate since this year he didnt get full offseason with his new weapinz"

Not sure where this notion came from that you can only evaluate players in an ideal environment

• Upvote 1

I want to know what the other player reactions were. If the players on the offense (I'm looking at you, Marshall) DIDN'T rally behind Geno and rough up IK for what he did, then THAT would tell us how the locker room feels about Geno. If they calmly separated the two, then you know that they felt he had it comin'.

What kind of logic is this?  Man some of you Jet fans need to go back into hiding.

• Upvote 1