Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

Absolutely I agree when Bowles said it was childish on both players.. It never should have happened especially when a QB should be a leader.. Holding out from paying a teammate when you failed to show up for his event without even calling to say you can't make it should not have happened.. 

Except - lots of things happen to everyone, all the time.  People have disagreements, people get into arguments.  People don't walk around punching people in the face and breaking their jaws.

It's not acceptable to EVER act like that....

Too many people are used to these animals, that we can NFL football players, where this type of behavioral is considered commonplace and acceptable.

Except - lots of things happen to everyone, all the time.  People have disagreements, people get into arguments.  People don't walk around punching people in the face and breaking their jaws.

It's not acceptable to EVER act like that....

Too many people are used to these animals, that we can NFL football players, where this type of behavioral is considered commonplace and acceptable.

People get shot in road rage situations where someone got cut off.. It's a violent culture today and its getting worse..

Josina Anderson is literally the only person whose "source" outright defends Geno while literally everyone else--including his coach and players who were around the incident--implicates Geno. Given that Anderson is a blowjob queen who gets her info from various johns around the league, I'm going to guess that she's the one whose info is less than valuable here.

If you check out what Josina Anderson has said.  The complete opposite has happened.  Josina is very reputable as well.  Bottom line, no one really knows what happened at all except both people in this situation handled this in the worst way possible.  You don't even need any more context to state that both parties were wrong.

how about this idea. geno just paid him the money he owed ik. wouldn't that make sense? instead, geno tried to chump his own team mate and had the balls to ask him what he plans to do about it. well, ol geno found out,quickly I might add, what exactly ik was going to do about it. message to geno. don't write checks your azz cant cash

where do you draw the line?

what if after IK punch Geno pull out a gun and shoot him in the face? isn't it self defense?

I once had an argument with a customer who didn't wanted to pay me for work that I did, and he talk sh*t about me , my workers, my business , should I have punch him in the face or shoot him in the face?

no , I took him to court and got my money plus interest.

this is how adults take care of business and issues they have  , not fighting and punching like 16 year olds

• Upvote 1

People get shot in road rage situations where someone got cut off.. It's a violent culture today and its getting worse..

Sure, I'm not saying there's no violence what I'm saying is, it shouldn't be condoned.  those people should lose their job and be in jail.  Just like IK.

people are saying Geno deserved it, or If Geno would have just paid him etc....

There is no excuse for that - a lot more people get cut off in their cars (heck, it happened to me three times this morning) but most people don't shoot the guy...

h8JOiuzW_normal.jpg
Rex: "It we didn't think he would be successful on field, in locker room, and in community, he wouldn't be here."
10s
Beat Writer / Columnist

chrisbrowntwitter_normal.jpg
Rex - a lot of us were around Enmkpali let yr and he was a good teammate - was a team captain on his college team. #Bills
33s
Beat Writer / Columnist

Sure, I'm not saying there's no violence what I'm saying is, it shouldn't be condoned.  those people should lose their job and be in jail.  Just like IK.

people are saying Geno deserved it, or If Geno would have just paid him etc....

There is no excuse for that - a lot more people get cut off in their cars (heck, it happened to me three times this morning) but most people don't shoot the guy...

No doubt a punch should not have been thrown on that we agree.. Just like Rex haters there are Geno haters as well that will side with IK.. To me as a starting QB Geno should not have let it get to that point is all I was saying..

No doubt a punch should not have been thrown on that we agree.. Just like Rex haters there are Geno haters as well that will side with IK.. To me as a starting QB Geno should not have let it get to that point is all I was saying..

yes, by most accounts Geno was being a douche.  And far from the behavior that should come from a starting QB in the NFL...

I'm just tired of this league..it's freakin exhausting!!!

where do you draw the line?

what if after IK punch Geno pull out a gun and shoot him in the face? isn't it self defense?

I once had an argument with a customer who didn't wanted to pay me for work that I did, and he talk sh*t about me , my workers, my business , should I have punch him in the face or shoot him in the face?

no , I took him to court and got my money plus interest.

this is how adults take care of business and issues they have  , not fighting and punching like 16 year olds

apparently, some of us never grew up :wild:

It's ridiculous that people are blaming Geno for someone punching him in the face. Any other QB the blame would be on the guy who threw the punch. Arguments and fights happen all the time. There are always disliked guys in the locker room. Never has a guy punched a starting QB.

I'm pissed. Yeah, Geno sucks. But him improving was our best chance for 2015. And for multiple reports it seemed like he was. I don't care if Geno is an a-hole off the field, I want wins. I want a super bowl.. and now 2015 seems like it will be another lost season.

It was stated that this was going on for a few weeks so during that span you have NO IDEA what might have been said and what might have built up in IK to get to this stage. Not to mention if someone is already mad and arguing with you, do you then stick you're finger in their face ?? Or as a professional, making millions of dollars, do you just pay back the debt to calm things down ? I would be willing to bet Geno (who we already know can be a dick) might have been saying some really stupid things for it to get to this stage.

There are 2 sides to every story and quite honestly we don't have the fine details on what was verbally exchanged for 2 weeks. That does not make what IK did Right or ok but Geno had the chance to diffuse this and it seems to me he chose the antagonistic road and probably pissed off IK leading up to the punch.

• Upvote 2

If Geno actually put his finger in his face and said "You're not going to do anything about it"  I understand.  Not that IK was right or Geno deserved it, but that is the kind of sh*t that gets you punched.  These are angry violent men, prone to fits of rage.  It doesn't make it right, but I am never truly surprised when an NFL player punches somebody and you should pretty much expect to be punched any time you are in an argument.  Not generally debate team members. 

This !

It was stated that this was going on for a few weeks so during that span you have NO IDEA what might have been said and what might have built up in IK to get to this stage. Not to mention if someone is already mad and arguing with you, do you then stick you're finger in their face ?? Or as a professional, making millions of dollars, do you just pay back the debt to calm things down ? I would be willing to bet Geno (who we already know can be a dick) might have been saying some really stupid things for it to get to this stage.

There are 2 sides to every story and quite honestly we don't have the fine details on what was verbally exchanged for 2 weeks. That does not make what IK did Right or ok but Geno had the chance to diffuse this and it seems to me he chose the antagonistic road and probably pissed off IK leading up to the punch.

Agreed....

Sounds like what ultimately happened to him...

Didn't deserve what he got - but easily could have avoided it if he wasn't a douche...

Amen.

Geno should have apologized and paid him the $600 as soon as he saw him.

End of story.

• Upvote 2

h8JOiuzW_normal.jpg

Mike Rodak @mikerodak

Rex: "It we didn't think he would be successful on field, in locker room, and in community, he wouldn't be here."10s

Beat Writer / Columnist

chrisbrowntwitter_normal.jpg

Chris Brown @ChrisBrownBills

Rex - a lot of us were around Enmkpali let yr and he was a good teammate - was a team captain on his college team. #Bills

33s

Beat Writer / Columnist

Rex Ryan on "good teammates."