Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

You have to set an example even in the face of stupidity. Everybody who reads comic books knows that the Kirby Silver Surfer is the only true Silver Surfer. 

Great, great movie. 

The One The Only....Silver Surfer - I have this statue. Stunning rendition.  Bought it for $150. Its worth $1000 now.

221___Source.jpg

A lot of hate for Geno but he was having a great camp. It would have been nice to see what he could have done with a full preseason. You know since the Jets coaches all feel like he is the best QB on the roster and all.

I expect better from you Max ol' sport.

A deeply held belief that the worst QB in the NFL in 2013 and 2014 may not be the best option going into 2015 is NOT "hate".

Hate is "I want Geno Smith to die of AIDS" or similar.  No one is doing that here, not even our worst trolls.

Saying "I think Fitz is better, and while this isn;t how we wanted it to happen, we're glad Geno Smith, worst QB int he NFL for two years now, isn;t starting" is not hate.

Why does it seem that some fans find it impossible to accept that others feel differently than them, and feel the need to describe any non-RayRay-level-of-Homerism as "hate".

No one "hates" Geno.  They, in their own opinions, simply think he sucks.  Or just think he's not the best option.

Because he has (and that's a fact) sucked horribly for two years now.

sorry his "good camp" was ruined by engaging in a childish fight no starting QB should ever find himself in.  That's on him and IK, not the fans who think he's a sub-par option at #1 QB.

• Upvote 1

it's already been established it was over an airline ticket that Geno was supposed to repay Psycho LBer for because he missed his charity football camp in Texas b/c a close friend of Geno's got killed down here in Miami in a motorcycle accident 

I heard it was his brother who was OK.  Oh those interwebs!!!

I expect better from you Max ol' sport.

A deeply held belief that the worst QB in the NFL in 2013 and 2014 may not be the best option going into 2015 is NOT "hate".

Hate is "I want Geno Smith to die of AIDS" or similar.  No one is doing that here, not even our worst trolls.

Saying "I think Fitz is better, and while this isn;t how we wanted it to happen, we're glad Geno Smith, worst QB int he NFL for two years now, isn;t starting" is not hate.

Why does it seem that some fans find it impossible to accept that others feel differently than them, and feel the need to describe any non-RayRay-level-of-Homerism as "hate".

No one "hates" Geno.  They, in their own opinions, simply think he sucks.  Or just think he's not the best option.

Because he has (and that's a fact) sucked horribly for two years now.

sorry his "good camp" was ruined by engaging in a childish fight no starting QB should ever find himself in.  That's on him and IK, not the fans who think he's a sub-par option at #1 QB.

I wasn't talking about anyone that thinks Fitz is better.

That said there has been a lot of hate for Geno. People actually saying that they are happy this happened to him. That is what I was referring to.  Not fine upstanding posters like yourself. :)

• Upvote 2

That said there has been a lot of hate for Geno. People actually saying that they are happy this happened to him. That is what I was referring to.  Not fine upstanding posters like yourself. :)

Yeah i agree. For Geno-haters (including me) would've been infinitely better for Fitz to prove himself, seize the job, and have geno as depth/trade bait (ha!)

Are you saying you would rather had IK hit Tom Shane?? head-bash.gif

@KMart_LI: Geno Smith's jaw wasn't wired shut though. Instead, plates and screws were used #jets

Might be a revised timetable for return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it will still take around 6 weeks if not longer.  The better news for him though is he'll probably be able to eat more and not lose so much weight when he gets back.

He will be in the facility in a couple days and will be attending meetings and other things.  So he won't be missing too much besides the actual practice part.  But he'll still be in meetings/film room and so forth.

I've been pretty hard on Geno and I don't condone what IK did at all.  But with that said, can't change what happened but maybe what happened does change Geno.  We'll see but I'm not holding my breath but I'm also not hovering my finger over the "cut his ass now" button either.

I think it will still take around 6 weeks if not longer. The better news for him though is he'll probably be able to eat more and not lose so much weight when he gets back.

He will be in the facility in a couple days and will be attending meetings and other things. So he won't be missing too much besides the actual practice part. But he'll still be in meetings/film room and so forth.

I've been pretty hard on Geno and I don't condone what IK did at all. But with that said, can't change what happened but maybe what happened does change Geno. We'll see but I'm not holding my breath but I'm also not hovering my finger over the "cut his ass now" button either.

That's pretty much where I'm at just hoping he matures from it. Sometimes a guy needs to be knocked down a peg.

@ProFootballDoc: Good news for @nyjets fans. GENO SMITH plate/screws, jaw not wired shut. Anticipate less than 6-10 wks. Week 1likely.

http://t.co/5dVIJdzFfx

@ProFootballDoc: Jaw not wired shut indicates stable fracture fixation with plates. Quicker return. #GenoSmith @nyjets @BartHubbuch

@ProFootballDoc: GENO SMITH @nyjets likely with tension bands to support jaw even though not wired shut. Can eat softer foods. Will beat 6-10 weeks return.

• Upvote 2

C Mart just posted this but this Doc is speculating that Geno will be back for week one. Wow.

It's the best news we can all hope for after a miserable week.

This team isn't going anywhere with Fitz, he just doesn't have it.  Good backup, can be a spot starter, but this year's team is going nowhere without Geno.

Yes, Geno needs to respond to the incident and learn from it, and become a leader, and he has to win back any detractors in the fan base, but his ability, and with all the improvements that everybody was seeing in the off-season and in training camp until the incident, he's our only hope for this year.

Fans need to let this kid grow up, he's a kid, he's got ability, he just needs to put it together and understand the team needs him as a leader to go along with his ability.

Yes, Geno needs to respond to the incident and learn from it, and become a leader, and he has to win back any detractors in the fan base, but his ability, and with all the improvements that everybody was seeing in the off-season and in training camp until the incident, he's our only hope for this year.

I'm not going to get into his ability and improvements cause I wasn't at camp but the fans aren't his problem. Players don't like him and he's the QB, this isn't a **** up you can chalk up to being a kid. You don't wake up one day a leader. I'm not, I'm the a$$hole who would have punched him for talking down to me in front of a room of my peers and realized it was a mistake afterwards, but a leader wouldn't but me in that position. I honestly never want to see him suit up in a Jets uniform again.
  • Upvote 3

I'm not going to get into his ability and improvements cause I wasn't at camp but the fans aren't his problem. Players don't like him and he's the QB, this isn't a **** up you can chalk up to being a kid. You don't wake up one day a leader. I'm not, I'm the a$$hole who would have punched him for talking down to me in front of a room of my peers and realized it was a mistake afterwards, but a leader wouldn't but me in that position. I honestly never want to see him suit up in a Jets uniform again.

So he will be back sooner rather than later. Good, Ik can finish the job when he faces the Bills.  Wouldn't it be great if Rex trades for Geno to rekindle the great friendship he has with IK.  It would be like feeding the rat to the snake. 

Cosign. If he was a dick like Phillip Rivers, yeah fine. But Geno's dickishness isn't that. You can just tell most of the team doesn't like the guy very much. Most of his teammates don't back him or say good things about him, nor preempt problems that he has with other players. The fact that Revis said they all knew it was broiling between these two says enough. If he was this team's leader, that gets squashed by everyone else immediately.

He's a douche. Always has been. All the way back to his WVU days and there are plenty of instances as a Jet now to conclude the same. Some guys are just assholes, which is fine. But you can't be an a$$hole and a starting quarterback in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Cosign. If he was a dick like Phillip Rivers, yeah fine. But Geno's dickishness isn't that. You can just tell most of the team doesn't like the guy very much. Most of his teammates don't back him or say good things about him, nor preempt problems that he has with other players. The fact that Revis said they all knew it was broiling between these two says enough. If he was this team's leader, that gets squashed by everyone else immediately.

He's a douche. Always has been. All the way back to his WVU days and there are plenty of instances as a Jet now to conclude the same. Some guys are just assholes, which is fine. But you can't be an a$$hole and a starting quarterback in the NFL.

Correction; You can't be an a$$hole and a sh*tty starting QB in the NFL

• Upvote 1

My issue w/Geno is he has good camps (looks good etc) and great last 4 games of seasons when no pressure/jets eliminated.

I want a QB who plays great when pressure on.

Geno looked excellent in preseason and TC last year and then struggled during regular season. I'm a Geno defender but for people to assume we lost Donovan McNabb in his prime because he looked good in 7 on 7's is ridiculous
  • Upvote 1

Geno looked excellent in preseason and TC last year and then struggled during regular season. I'm a Geno defender but for people to assume we lost Donovan McNabb in his prime because he looked good in 7 on 7's is ridiculous

Ya, u  r right,, only way to judge is real season and when u r in hunt.. when team eliminated from playoffs its back to no pressure and I stop judging till next season.

This team isn't going anywhere with Fitz, he just doesn't have it.  Good backup, can be a spot starter, but this year's team is going nowhere without Geno.

Fans need to let this kid grow up, he's a kid, he's got ability, he just needs to put it together and understand the team needs him as a leader to go along with his ability.

I hope Geno plays well enough to get something back in a trade for him. That's really the best case scenario at this point in time. He's never gonna win the fanbase over. Any detractors? Lol! You'd have to fine-tooth-comb the fanbase to find supporters now. Getting his jaw broken hasn't made him a sympathetic figure, instead it's brought to light just how disliked and disrespected he is in the Jets locker room. And that's the real issue, not the fans. The players don't have this guy's back.

That said, he may very well be the team's best chance to win games this year. I hope he is. I hope he has a break out year, and the Jets can package him for a new QB in the offseason. Someone out there could (maybe?) see him as a guy who just needs a change of scenery. And hopefully that can work out for him, because he's just not wanted here.

@ProFootballDoc: Good news for @nyjets fans. GENO SMITH plate/screws, jaw not wired shut. Anticipate less than 6-10 wks. Week 1likely.

http://t.co/5dVIJdzFfx

@ProFootballDoc: Jaw not wired shut indicates stable fracture fixation with plates. Quicker return. #GenoSmith @nyjets @BartHubbuch

@ProFootballDoc: GENO SMITH @nyjets likely with tension bands to support jaw even though not wired shut. Can eat softer foods. Will beat 6-10 weeks return.

How is this good news?

To me, Geno's return is a total disaster.  For all the "Geno has looked great in camp" comments from various folks, I can't wait to read the retractions once/if he plays in the regular season.   

Yes, I don't dig Fitz either.  But the sooner it distances (read trades or cuts) itself from Geno, the sooner the team becomes closer to the team Bowles and Mcc envision. 

I'll go on record (although I won't like the look of it or losses) that if Geno is our starter, we'll continue to lose because of his inept play.  You can't rest the season on the belief that Geno will suddenly develop football intellect.   IMO, he won't.

Glad you're excited.

Geno Smith is a terribly flawed schlong who's only leading ability is in having and maintaining the worst QB statistics.

Unfortunately, it looks like we may now get the opportunity to see him prove that out. Again.

This team isn't going anywhere with Fitz, he just doesn't have it. Good backup, can be a spot starter, but this year's team is going nowhere without Geno.

I have been one of age Geno's biggest supporters but after this incident I think he needs to go. We may need him on the team since there are not many serviceable QBs but he appears to be a cancer in the locker room. I always liked how he conducted himself in press conferences but the movie incident last year and now this have made things a mess.