Sign in to follow this  
lawyers guns and money

Geno Smith Punched by IK, out 6-10 weeks. All discussion here (MERGED)

IK Enemkpali: Many Jets players called to ‘check’ how I was doing

By Bart Hubbuch

August 15, 2015 | 3:12am

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Geno Smith nemesis IK Enemkpali wouldn’t answer questions about The Punch Heard ’Round the NFL on Friday night, but what little he did say was revealing nonetheless.

Fresh off his debut with Rex Ryan’s Bills, Enemkpali said a host of former Jets teammates — including the entire 2014 rookie class with which he came in — called to cheer him up after Enemkpali fractured Smith’s jaw with a punch Tuesday morning.

If you’re wondering how much backing Smith still has in the Jets’ locker room, the outpouring for the guy who sidelined the Gang Green quarterback for 6-to-10 weeks — and relative silence for Smith — appeared to speak volumes.

“They called to see how I’m doing and called to check on me,” Enemkpali said of his former Jets mates after the Bills’ 25-24 loss to the Panthers in the preseason opener for both teams at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

A source close to Enemkpali said one of the first Jets to call him after the shocking locker-room fracas Tuesday morning that got Enemkpali immediately released was linebacker Demario Davis, who also works out with him in the offseason.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/15/ik-enemkpali-many-jets-players-called-to-check-how-i-was-doing/

• Downvote 1

IK Enemkpali: Many Jets players called to ‘check’ how I was doing

By Bart Hubbuch

August 15, 2015 | 3:12am

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Geno Smith nemesis IK Enemkpali wouldn’t answer questions about The Punch Heard ’Round the NFL on Friday night, but what little he did say was revealing nonetheless.

Fresh off his debut with Rex Ryan’s Bills, Enemkpali said a host of former Jets teammates — including the entire 2014 rookie class with which he came in — called to cheer him up after Enemkpali fractured Smith’s jaw with a punch Tuesday morning.

If you’re wondering how much backing Smith still has in the Jets’ locker room, the outpouring for the guy who sidelined the Gang Green quarterback for 6-to-10 weeks — and relative silence for Smith — appeared to speak volumes.

“They called to see how I’m doing and called to check on me,” Enemkpali said of his former Jets mates after the Bills’ 25-24 loss to the Panthers in the preseason opener for both teams at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

A source close to Enemkpali said one of the first Jets to call him after the shocking locker-room fracas Tuesday morning that got Enemkpali immediately released was linebacker Demario Davis, who also works out with him in the offseason.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/15/ik-enemkpali-many-jets-players-called-to-check-how-i-was-doing/

3 fourth stringers called him.  Good for him.  Talk about media-made-up stories.....

Geno has lost a lot of backing I believe with the organization over this issue. He was at least a 50/50 accomplice in this fiasco. Would be very surprised if he was here next season his position calls for leadership and this along with past noted transgression show a lack of that virtue. Geno has taked the talk but not walked the walk!!!

• Upvote 1

3 fourth stringers called him. Good for him. Talk about media-made-up stories.....

Exactly.

3 fourth stringers called him.  Good for him.  Talk about media-made-up stories.....

LOL. You are correct.

So, Rapoport (via Dan Hanzus) reported that there was no dead friend, but that Geno's brother broke his arm on a bicycle. Anyone see this reported?

So, Rapoport (via Dan Hanzus) reported that there was no dead friend, but that Geno's brother broke his arm on a bicycle. Anyone see this reported?

If that's true then this story gets even more effed up.